Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Here's a few resources pulled from google. (Kids... Learn how to use it.) I thought this might clear up the forum a bit by showing all you guys who Frazetta was and what he did.

His art was amazing, and he was well known (sans Gaia stare ). You should really take the time and Familiarize yourself with his work; it'd be a shame not to.

A nice Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Frazetta

Some Art Gallery's:

Frank Frazetta's Official Website

Unofficial Website

Art Tribute / Gallery

Brief Biography and Gallery

Or you can just type "Frank Frazetta" into your favorite browser, ya sissy. rolleyes

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Seriously, people. You can stop asking and read. eek

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thanks for the excellent links...

Good job.
i have a poster of his "Banshee" and i wish i could get one of "Encounter".

Swashbuckling Knight

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Love his Conan art, especially Frost Giant's Daughter and God in the Bowl
It's a truly sad loss.
And Death Dealer is a classic.

Thanks for posting this. I just noticed the forum and was wondering who he is. I could have Googled it easily, but this thread answered it before I resorted to Googling. Looking over the wiki and some of his works, he did have some really nice stuff alright. It's a shame to only find out about somebody like this because they just died.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
My father painted a pretty convincing replica of the death dealer (the one where he's on horseback). Sadly, he gave it to my uncle.

At least I have the one he did of the Conan cover. wink

bluecherry

Thanks for posting this. I just noticed the forum and was wondering who he is. I could have Googled it easily, but this thread answered it before I resorted to Googling. Looking over the wiki and some of his works, he did have some really nice stuff alright. It's a shame to only find out about somebody like this because they just died.

'Tis the way of life. Glad I could help you discover another great artist of the 21st century.

I'm gonna be so pissed when Geiger dies. evil

Distinct Combatant

Hey now, no jinxing geiger, or he'll fall flat tomorrow. Dx
PseudoFreak
My father painted a pretty convincing replica of the death dealer (the one where he's on horseback). Sadly, he gave it to my uncle.

bluecherry

'Tis the way of life. Glad I could help you discover another great artist of the 21st century.

I'm still looking through a lot of the images in the links you put up and I really am pleased. I doubt they would have such things as his work is still fairly new and it seems like he was not in the business of making things or mass decorative purposes from what I can see so far, but I'd really love to have posters of some of these things. I want to go see if there is a thread in site feedback yet on this because I want to inform Gaia they made a good choice making a forum to bring this to our attention, including a sticky with a little info on him, and making the item as a small tribute in his memory. It really fits with Gaia better than a lot of things they make these forums and items for.

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
bluecherry
PseudoFreak

bluecherry

I'm still looking through a lot of the images in the links you put up and I really am pleased. I doubt they would have such things as his work is still fairly new and it seems like he was not in the business of making things or mass decorative purposes from what I can see so far, but I'd really love to have posters of some of these things. I want to go see if there is a thread in site feedback yet on this because I want to inform Gaia they made a good choice making a forum to bring this to our attention, including a sticky with a little info on him, and making the item as a small tribute in his memory. It really fits with Gaia better than a lot of things they make these forums and items for.

Seriously. Does lady Gaga really need her own forum?

As for posters and such, I'm fairly sure I've seen them at kiosk in the mall from time to time. You really have to keep an eye out. Spencer's and the like will also carry them, from time to time.

10,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
good job with the links of the first post
PseudoFreak
bluecherry
PseudoFreak

bluecherry

As for posters and such, I'm fairly sure I've seen them at kiosk in the mall from time to time. You really have to keep an eye out. Spencer's and the like will also carry them, from time to time.

Heh, at least they ditched the Justin whatisface forum. When they put that one up it was both not especially relevant to the overall theme of Gaia and about somebody who it seems most of us hadn't a clue who he was. At least the Lady Gaga one was actually very widely requested when the Admins asked for suggestions for new ones, even though that forum is a regular can of spam for the most part anyway still. ^^;;

So they do have posters? surprised Awesome. Now if only I can find them some time. I'll have to chek into the local Spencer's some time before I go back to school next semester, since I've been meaning to get some posters to put up in my room at school for years.

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
bluecherry
PseudoFreak
bluecherry
PseudoFreak

bluecherry

Heh, at least they ditched the Justin whatisface forum. When they put that one up it was both not especially relevant to the overall theme of Gaia and about somebody who it seems most of us hadn't a clue who he was. At least the Lady Gaga one was actually very widely requested when the Admins asked for suggestions for new ones, even though that forum is a regular can of spam for the most part anyway still. ^^;;

So they do have posters? surprised Awesome. Now if only I can find them some time. I'll have to chek into the local Spencer's some time before I go back to school next semester, since I've been meaning to get some posters to put up in my room at school for years.

Wait until Christmas. Every little calender/poster kiosk will have them. And what with the passing of Frazetta, I'm sure they'll be another hot commodity.
PseudoFreak
Wait until Christmas. Every little calender/poster kiosk will have them. And what with the passing of Frazetta, I'm sure they'll be another hot commodity.

If only that wasn't half a year away and another semester into things. crying But I appreciate the suggestion still. Better later than never.

Welcoming Gaian

A truly, truly amazing artist. heart I love his art! Thanks for posting this!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff