Welcome to Gaia! ::

As many of you know, legendary fantasy artists Frank Frazetta passed away on Monday. If there's any justice, he's chillin' on a pile of defeated foes in the afterlife while scantly clad babes cling to his muscular legs.

During his time he created some seriously awesome images of barbarians, babes, barbarian babes and all kinds of monstrous beasts. It goes without saying that he had a big impact on a lot of artists, including the Gaia staff. As a special tribute and thank-you to Frank, you can find a wicked new item in the Daily Chance dedicated to his memory.

In the meantime, feel free to talk about your favorite Frank Frazetta paintings, his impact or fantasy art in general in this new Hot Topic forum.

R.I.P. Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010
What DailyChance item
was for Frank?

too bad i cant get it because i dont have 25 people to invite -_-

Wealthy Tycoon

Specter_R
What DailyChance item
was for Frank?

Yes I agree with Specter_R(Copier)
what was the item.
Again you may delete this post if it's
against the ToS
ayunas heart

a bit too true for comfort. User Image
Cocoa Marionette
ayunas heart

Yes, I agree. I feel quite discriminated against because I either don't have friends to invite or because I will not SPAM other peoples inboxes with solicitations to a web site. Even one I enjoy.

I use to enjoy DC because I knew I always had just that, a CHANCE of getting some really good stuff. Now I never will.

Now I have to rely on inflated MP prices for rare drops from the DC.

I've always liked the tribute items. I know a lot of people complained about the MJ glove. But it has some great poses. And I love the Conan item, both the Moon & Stars and the wig pose.

I have great curiosity what they come up with for Frank Frazetta.

10,425 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Cocoa Marionette
ayunas heart

Yeah I don't have anyone to invite =/

Sparkly Shopper

Someone told me it's the blood knight helmet or something, and they didn't need to invite anyone. (feel free to delete this?) c:

O.G. Hunter

D: How did they die? If I may ask... I actually haven't heard of them before. > A>;;
has anyone gottien it yet? surprised i wanna know waht it is

Loyal Loiterer

ayunas heart

This =/

Fashionable Lunatic

6,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I grew up on frank's art.

Fire and ice was a great cartoon, and high tech for it's day.

He was a great artist, and gave us the book covers for Conan, Elric of melinborune, and so many others.

One of my many favorites of his was 'death dealer' wich inspired one of the characters IN fire and ice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff