Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Lover

9,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You see, the thing is that Frazetta's death isn't just Artsy News, as you've so pigeonholed it to be, this is WORLD NEWS.
This man was an Illustrator among Illustrators, he's part of the World's stage and thus was given his own forum to mark his passing.

Douchebag.
Scooter_And_Jinx
You see, the thing is that Frazetta's death isn't just Artsy News, as you've so pigeonholed it to be, this is WORLD NEWS.
This man was an Illustrator among Illustrators, he's part of the World's stage and thus was given his own forum to mark his passing.

Douchebag.

I totally agree!

Aged Codger

There was quite a bit of discussion on Art Discussion when he passed away, as well a major stirring on DeviantArt. Just because you don't know or don't care doesn't mean that the man was nothing to other people.

Ferocious Cultist

17,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
SeaPrincessAqua
i dont kno who this guy is so i looked him up and found that most of his paintings r of naked woman WTF gaia?

To be fair, he had quite a few naked or half-naked men in his gallery, too. But women have always been more popular than men as art subjects. Maybe it's the challenge of drawing all the curves just right.

But he, like the majority of artists, had an appreciation for the human form, usually veering towards athletic, lithe women, athletic, muscular men and the occasional large, powerfully built animal or monster. Happily for him, his fanbase evidently shares similar appreciations. cool

4,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
I must admit I was a little surprised to see this as a hot topic on Gaia, but Frank is the man and a huge influence for all types of different artists, especially fantasy artists. Makes sense to pay tribute to his awesomeness.

Just a few days before he passed I found out about this painting he did of the Mothman, my favorite supernatural creature. Effing amazing work!!! RIP Frank! you left behind on hell of a legacy.

See the painting here since I cant seem to post the image: http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mothman_medium.jpg

Ferocious Cultist

17,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
attractive_today
I must admit I was a little surprised to see this as a hot topic on Gaia, but Frank is the man and a huge influence for all types of different artists, especially fantasy artists. Makes sense to pay tribute to his awesomeness.

Just a few days before he passed I found out about this painting he did of the Mothman, my favorite supernatural creature. Effing amazing work!!! RIP Frank! you left behind on hell of a legacy.

See the painting here since I cant seem to post the image: http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mothman_medium.jpg

I hadn't seen that picture before, but I agree. That's a way cool Mothman. smile

6,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Wow he soundz like a very interesting human being !!!
yeah whys ronnie james dio not a hot topic right now is gaia not metal enough
The design and the commercial perception of nearly all Sci-Fi / Fantasy games, books, comics and more are all thanks to Frazetta's contributions to commercial art.

It's absolutely not a small thing.
When someone important dies, everyone makes a huge deal about it, so
I can see why Gaia made this a topic.
as far as the nudity goes in his paintings, they were all artistic. These were for comics and other forms of media. Maybe gaian artists here can take a hint from Frazetta, and learn some human anatomy.

Boesen Moo's Partner

Collecting Waffles

Well, it could be argued that prior to Mr. Frazetta's death, it was up to Gaia's members, not the staff, to generate a Frank Frazetta topic. They were busy doing other things, but it was kind of them to take the time to honor one of the greatest illustrator's of our time. He will be remembered
I didn't know who he was until I read the Wiki link someone posted above. I guess he sounds like an interesting person, and it's a shame he's dead, but I'm not sure if enough people know about him - and care about his death - to warrant him having his own hot topic. But then again, though, looking at some of the responses in this thread, perhaps he is popular enough, and it's my bad for not knowing about him sooner. smile

Ferocious Cultist

17,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Muffensaurus
When someone important dies, everyone makes a huge deal about it, so
I can see why Gaia made this a topic.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Wouldn't you (or me, or everyone else on the planet) like to have some degree of public memoriam after the Inevitable finally overtakes you (or me, or anyone else...) one day? stare

Generous Elder

18,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Champion 300
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Scooter_And_Jinx

Douchebag.

Then why doesn't Ronnie James Dio get a tribute thread!? WHY?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff