Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Mayor Gravity
TeddybearC
I think it may be because of the sexual content that is usually associated with vampires may contribute to this as well. They're considered the most sexually perverted creatures in stories. That is one of the main reasons why you see vampires drinking from the necks of people, it's considered one of the most sexual parts of the body.

I tend to like this fact, simply because it gives them a whole nother dimension. They're not just hunters, they thirst for sex as well. (pun intended) xp
I don't consider the nexk very sexy lol

I guess it differs for people. Different strokes for different folks and everything. But they do drink from other areas that most find sexy.

Desirable Player

6,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Xiam
kingofanarcy-
looks like you need to get over yourself cuz really just because original stories about "Lycanthropes" and vampires say they are murderers does not mean it would be true and I know what the terms and proper word usages are mayybe jus ,aybe i like to use abreviations instead of the whole word so as soon as you and that horse you rode in on leave the room I may actually listen to what you have to say.

...The ******** is wrong with you? neutral

I dont like when people act like F-ing tools and try to piss everyone off Its almost as bad as grammer nazis and if you want i could include u in their little group of annoying

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
kingofanarcy-
Xiam
kingofanarcy-
looks like you need to get over yourself cuz really just because original stories about "Lycanthropes" and vampires say they are murderers does not mean it would be true and I know what the terms and proper word usages are mayybe jus ,aybe i like to use abreviations instead of the whole word so as soon as you and that horse you rode in on leave the room I may actually listen to what you have to say.

I dont like when people act like F-ing tools and try to piss everyone off Its almost as bad as grammer nazis and if you want i could include u in their little group of annoying

I'm pretty sure people who use a term from recent RPGs and shitty movies to describe animals with hundreds (if not thousands) of years of history makes them far closer to being ******** tools than someone who respects the folklore and terminology. It's like those people who ask "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LYCANTHROPE AND A WEREWOLF? LYCANTHROPES STAND UP, HURRR!" There's no goddamn difference, knock it off.

And I'm only comfortable with three terms. Lycanthrope, werewolf, and sometimes wolfman - though that last one is probably substandard as well. I'll also allow loup-garou, but it's French.

I am very nitpicky about monsters.

Desirable Player

6,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Xiam
kingofanarcy-
Xiam
kingofanarcy-

I'm pretty sure people who use a term from recent RPGs and shitty movies to describe animals with hundreds (if not thousands) of years of history makes them far closer to being ******** tools than someone who respects the folklore and terminology. It's like those people who ask "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LYCANTHROPE AND A WEREWOLF? LYCANTHROPES STAND UP, HURRR!" There's no goddamn difference, knock it off.

And I'm only comfortable with three terms. Lycanthrope, werewolf, and sometimes wolfman - though that last one is probably substandard as well. I'll also allow loup-garou, but it's French.

dude seriously i say lycan not because of the fact that its from rpgs or movies god i say it as an abreviation not because i think it sounds cool i know the term is lycanthrope so seriously get over yourself

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Of course it would be! Kids are impressionable; they learn what you teach them. I don't think vampires are evil, though. I was raised to respect alternative lifestyles. And I see nothing morally wrong about being higher up on the food chain than humans. Humans are self-righteous idiots for thinking that killing us = evil.

5,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Just because of your forum title, i am totally going to write a fairy tale involving a vampire....

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
kingofanarcy-
Xiam
kingofanarcy-
Xiam
kingofanarcy-

dude seriously i say lycan not because of the fact that its from rpgs or movies god i say it as an abreviation not because i think it sounds cool i know the term is lycanthrope so seriously get over yourself

I don't care for abbreviations. You know what's easier? "Werewolf."

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

That's because they were more involved with folklore's and myths.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Eloquent Elder

Xiam
DanieBarton03
Flanstar
vampires are great bday presents blaugh
I want one! lol

Xiam
Oh for ******** sake. This is nearly as bad as the people who want vampires as heroes. They're murdering monsters who actually feed on people's life essence. That's not a heroic quality.
True, their qualities are not heroic, but there are still many stories out there that make the reader sympathize and want to root for the vampire "hero". Especially when you're reading from their point of view. Like Anne Rice's characters (up until her husband died and she wrote the book that must not be named). The majority of them have no remorse when drinking from a human being, but I still root for them regardless. And then there are the newer stories where the vampires struggle to be heroic/human like "The Saga of Darren Shan" or "Being Human".

How likely is that a saga? Is it like the Twilight Saga or any story arc of Dragonball Z which feature very few qualifications for a proper saga?

I still don't see the point in all this "Vampire heroes" craze. It's just... well, it's sick, to be honest.
No it's not a saga in the strictest sense. It does attempt a heroic narrative, though, so it does fit a literal translation of saga. He probably chose the title (if he did have a final say in that) because it sounded good and it's a hell of a lot better than the American rename: Cirque du Freak.

I think "sick" is a harsh word to use for people who simply like vampires. Maybe for those who blur the fiction with reality and believe they are one themselves or that they'd like to get it on with a real one. Btw, Xiam, I can't remember if we've discussed these videos on Fb before: 4-terrifying-psychology-lessons-behind-famous-movie-monsters and why-everyone-wants-to-have-sex-with-vampires. We probably have, but I never get tired of watching these. sweatdrop

Btw, you changed your avi. eek

Durem Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
Why can't people just leave u-them alone?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
DanieBarton03
Xiam
DanieBarton03
Flanstar
vampires are great bday presents blaugh
I want one! lol

Xiam
Oh for ******** sake. This is nearly as bad as the people who want vampires as heroes. They're murdering monsters who actually feed on people's life essence. That's not a heroic quality.
True, their qualities are not heroic, but there are still many stories out there that make the reader sympathize and want to root for the vampire "hero". Especially when you're reading from their point of view. Like Anne Rice's characters (up until her husband died and she wrote the book that must not be named). The majority of them have no remorse when drinking from a human being, but I still root for them regardless. And then there are the newer stories where the vampires struggle to be heroic/human like "The Saga of Darren Shan" or "Being Human".

How likely is that a saga? Is it like the Twilight Saga or any story arc of Dragonball Z which feature very few qualifications for a proper saga?

I still don't see the point in all this "Vampire heroes" craze. It's just... well, it's sick, to be honest.
No it's not a saga in the strictest sense. It does attempt a heroic narrative, though, so it does fit a literal translation of saga. He probably chose the title (if he did have a final say in that) because it sounded good and it's a hell of a lot better than the American rename: Cirque du Freak.

I think "sick" is a harsh word to use for people who simply like vampires. Maybe for those who blur the fiction with reality and believe they are one themselves or that they'd like to get it on with a real one. Btw, Xiam, I can't remember if we've discussed these videos on Fb before: 4-terrifying-psychology-lessons-behind-famous-movie-monsters and why-everyone-wants-to-have-sex-with-vampires. We probably have, but I never get tired of watching these. sweatdrop

I did change it, yes!

And I'm sorry, but we're talking about dead people who sustain their own existence by feeding off the life essence of those who can still maintain a pulse. This is parasitism of the most disturbing kind, and I don't see why people wish to glorify it. So yeah. I think it's sick. xp

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Xiam

I admit I use Lycan because I usually butcher any attempt to spell lycanthrope and perhaps utter laziness or incapability to learn int. And I rather dislike it when a werewolf is mixed up with a shape-shifter. I'm oddly picky about that one even though people try to tell me they are the same thing. It must be something about me.

But I figure you may know this: I have read "A Grandmother's Tale" and the word Bzou pops up for the werewolf. Do you know anything about that one? Or have you seen that word anywhere else? I've looked but it always lead me back to that one story.

Edit: I forgot to delete a quote bracket.

Eloquent Elder

Xiam
DanieBarton03
Xiam

I did change it, yes!

And I'm sorry, but we're talking about dead people who sustain their own existence by feeding off the life essence of those who can still maintain a pulse. This is parasitism of the most disturbing kind, and I don't see why people wish to glorify it. So yeah. I think it's sick. xp
Okay okay, it's hard to argue when you describe them like that.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Lady Bern
Xiam

I admit I use Lycan because I usually butcher any attempt to spell lycanthrope and perhaps utter laziness or incapability to learn int. And I rather dislike it when a werewolf is mixed up with a shape-shifter. I'm oddly picky about that one even though people try to tell me they are the same thing. It must be something about me.

But I figure you may know this: I have read "A Grandmother's Tale" and the word Bzou pops up for the werewolf. Do you know anything about that one? Or have you seen that word anywhere else? I've looked but it always lead me back to that one story.

Um... but a werewolf is a shapeshifter. It just happens to shift to only one shape.

Bzou? No, I haven't heard that one. A quick Google search only gave me that it's apparently an archaic term for it.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Xiam
Lady Bern

Um... but a werewolf is a shapeshifter. It just happens to shift to only one shape.

Bzou? No, I haven't heard that one. A quick Google search only gave me that it's apparently an archaic term for it.

As I said I'm picky about that one. I think it's because of how if anyone else changes between human to an animal form they slap the word "were" on it and it just sounds so clunky. So I rather keep the terms separate. And I see shapeshifters as just being able to take the shape at will while werewolves at time does not have control of it and retains more of an "animal instinct" sort of thing.

But that's just my personal preference.

I did the Google search before but I was looking for much more than just what I've already seen before and was hoping someone might have more insight. But thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff