Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PrincessPink422
personally there needs to be a distinction between the disney movies, (especially the great classics) and this crap they are plastering the brand name on now. The Classic movies (Lion King, Aladdin, Pochanontas etc) are soo specical, but this may also be due to the fact that most people grow up with these movies.
The newer stuff isn't as great but it may be because we're lacking that special innocent child's perspective, where elephants really do fly, and the second star to the right really leads to Neverland...
You don't need an innocent child's perspective to make a good Disney movie. In fact, that tends to telling the same story over and over.

Anyway, I've always enjoyed Disney's work. They make terrific songs. And I don't think the new stuff is qualitatively worse. Hercules was damned awesome! And Atlantis doesn't get enough love. I also loved Enchanted, since there they largely parodied and made fun of themselves.
Phoenixspade
cre8ive_ovadose
boyamiconfuzed
Watch some and decide for yourself, this is one of those things that require you to form your own opinions.

Basically this.

Personally though, I enjoy Disney movies because the writing is just so clever, the way they manage to weave stories that appeal to children but don't bore the parents/older siblings who are forced to watch them as well. I've found now that I've almost finished high school that Disney movies are far more entertaining because of all the innuendo and kind of tongue-in-cheek humour scattered throughout them.

But the - dare I say it - worth of Disney is something an individual has to figure out for him or herself.

This being before the current Crapfest yes? the older Disney stuff is great, but the new stuff is just horrible. Bad sequels to good movies do not magic make.

I thought Tangled and The Princess and the Frog were pretty good. The Pirates of the Carribean franchise is pretty good too, but I agree with you for the most part.

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Feytale
Phoenixspade
cre8ive_ovadose
boyamiconfuzed
Watch some and decide for yourself, this is one of those things that require you to form your own opinions.

Basically this.

Personally though, I enjoy Disney movies because the writing is just so clever, the way they manage to weave stories that appeal to children but don't bore the parents/older siblings who are forced to watch them as well. I've found now that I've almost finished high school that Disney movies are far more entertaining because of all the innuendo and kind of tongue-in-cheek humour scattered throughout them.

But the - dare I say it - worth of Disney is something an individual has to figure out for him or herself.

This being before the current Crapfest yes? the older Disney stuff is great, but the new stuff is just horrible. Bad sequels to good movies do not magic make.

Current stuff? What about Princess and the Frog? That was gold.

I was referring to all the sequels, yes, there are good movies coming from Disney here and there but they are producing more horrible cashing in - straight to dvd sequels and prequels than good thoughtful stand alone storys.

Fire 0ak's Princess

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
I grew up with it.
Goofy movie, little mermaid, lion king, mulan<3
I love the music.

Disney channel on the other hand can go to hell.
disney movies, are the best, disney the TV channel and all it's series. not so much!
They know how to make good music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces