Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Phantom

Every person thinks that there is at least one myth or legend that they think is real. It makes sense. I mean, where do myths and legends actually come from? Truth, actuality, and something that happened in past events.
Which ones do you believe to be true? In detail if you please, that is if you know the details. wink
heart Vampires = Canables

heart Ware Wolves = Vary hairy aggressive people

heart Fairy's = Demons that would enchant and steel children

heart Unicorns = Hybrid of horse crossed with goat. Horses with horns. Like a mule

heart Witches = People who knew how to use the law of attraction, or people with cats. Cats were the only thing that would kill diseased rodents and keep away disease and those owners would survive plagues.
well i believe in witches, if i had to pick anything. There are wise women with abilities to cure. So it must be abit true.

Angelic Gaian

14,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
this is more of a theory but the titanic being the olympic

Unforgiving Phantom

Miiwe
well i believe in witches, if i had to pick anything. There are wise women with abilities to cure. So it must be abit true.

I to agree. There are many many people I have known who have been witches however they prefered to be called wiccan. Some of the nicest people I've ever known. They follow the white magic realm rather then black.

2,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
i believe in all mythical creatures because well ppl cant just come up with these things off the top of their head wink

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Koduka
Miiwe

I to agree. There are many many people I have known who have been witches however they prefered to be called wiccan. Some of the nicest people I've ever known. They follow the white magic realm rather then black.

That's not true.

And magic has no color.

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Creating myths is one way for people to explain things and phenomena. They have a basis in reality but that doesn't mean they're all real. While most legends are exaggerations of real stories or events, like Arthur.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Gizzmo kitten
heart Vampires = Canables

No, Vampires = Consumption.
Wendigo = Cannibals.

Gizzmo kitten
heart Ware Wolves = Vary hairy aggressive people

Well, according to legend, Werewolves = Sorcerers or Cursed Folk. According to psychologists, Werewolves = Clinical Lycanthropy (basically crazy people thinking they're wolves).

Gizzmo kitten
heart Fairy's = Demons that would enchant and steel children

Well, that's just mean. Not all fairies are like that. Some are actually quite benevolent.

Gizzmo kitten
heart Unicorns = Hybrid of horse crossed with goat. Horses with horns. Like a mule

You were closest with "goat." I think I remember hearing that it was actually caused by people who would grow goats to have their horns grow to the front in a single horn. Early artwork of unicorns basically depicted goats with single horns in the front.

Gizzmo kitten
heart Witches = People who knew how to use the law of attraction, or people with cats. Cats were the only thing that would kill diseased rodents and keep away disease and those owners would survive plagues.

Um... it's actually a bit more complicated than that...

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Xiam
Gizzmo kitten

You were closest with "goat." I think I remember hearing that it was actually caused by people who would grow goats to have their horns grow to the front in a single horn. Early artwork of unicorns basically depicted goats with single horns in the front.

I can't help but wonder if it is the rare horse that ends up growing a cutaneous horn. I mean, it would be rare, but it happens. Even to people!

Interesting Bloodsucker

Reinfield/Vampire Disease
Weerewolf Syndrome(9a fmaily in Mexico..I think))

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
OddBird
Xiam
Gizzmo kitten

I can't help but wonder if it is the rare horse that ends up growing a cutaneous horn. I mean, it would be rare, but it happens. Even to people!

But it's not a horse. Even many modern depictions retain the goat beard.
Often times the people couldn't believe the monstrous acts that humans could do, so they'd label them as monsters. =)
Lochness Monster, Bigfoot, Cupacabra, Fae, unicorns(LOOK AT NARWALS PEOPLE!!)....i think that covers it
well really there aren't such things as unicorns, vampires, werewolves, witches, and so on... but i wish there was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff