Welcome to Gaia! ::

I spent about two hours typing a reply, and decided to post it on a different website so that I can keep this short and sweet. Mine would be "Selkie," but not as anyone else knows the creature. If anyone is interest in reading about a superstition that scarred my rational mind, here it is.

Hygienic Genius

Mine would be........ Yamata no Orochi? Maybe the Kappa. But I like rainbow serpants too

Invisible Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
R a i n b o o h
In our country the Philippines, there is a creature called manananggal.

She is a woman that can seperate her body in half through the waistline and flies at night with her upper body (and leaves the other half in a hidden place), looking for pregnant women to feed on or sometimes children. It is said that the only way to kill a manananggal is to put salt on her lower body, so that she can't re-connect with it anymore. When the sun comes up and when the creature still can't return to her body, she gets burned by the sunlight.

Even today, there are some people who have encountered a manananggal, however, none of them have sufficient evidence.

User Image My master is everything to me...

I read in a book once that they're a type of vampire. xd
And you can not only use salt, you can also use ash.

...I hope I am everything for him too.

Invisible Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dalgonlily9
I love all myths, but my favorite is Cerberus! biggrin

I like Cerberus(VERY MUCH)...I think he's a cute Rottweiler with three heads. xd

Invisible Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
FouP r i n c e s s e

I also can’t believe no one has said Succubus yet! They’re frightful too! Imagine having one of those in YOUR house. Although people believe them to be real even today, they still have old stories. gaia_diamond

Lilith is a the first succubus right? ^^ She promises to steal all of Adam and Eve's children.

Invisible Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

My fave would be the angel...but on the scary category it would be the basilisk and fallen angels. They're very interesting...ghouls and hydras and sirens and nymphs and (continues to enumerate)

Mythical Demigod

Rei Akira-Chan
FouP r i n c e s s e

I also can’t believe no one has said Succubus yet! They’re frightful too! Imagine having one of those in YOUR house. Although people believe them to be real even today, they still have old stories. gaia_diamond

Lilith is a the first succubus right? ^^ She promises to steal all of Adam and Eve's children.

Yup!

Retro Kitten

16,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
I like the unicorns the best. 3nodding

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sallien
haha my dog is a kelpie. yes thats a breed... But i'd have to say my favorite is the leeds devil. Look it up. all the lore about it is insane. and theres a lot of proof for it too!! Super creepy! or when i was little the slender man scared the s**t out of.. me does LOL!
burning_eyes
The slender man? sad What's that? (Iol about the dog)

Dangerous Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
my is tooth fairy the real story when she kills ppl

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
luna the star child
I like the unicorns the best. 3nodding

unicorns are the s**t! rofl
I love old lore with unicorns. They stab guys and love maidens and it's a little wierd but they have freaking horns on their heads so it's okay.

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
Reaper_Virus
my is tooth fairy the real story when she kills ppl

holy crap! Darkness Falls all over again! eek
lol. The Tooth Fairy kills ppl?
I'd have to go for one of the unappreciated, will-o-the-wisp. It appears all over the world and in many stories, but always has a consistency that a lot of other 'universal' legends don't. They aren't always evil... but in many stories they are seen as lights that lead people to their deaths.

Cinema esamples~~~

IT - the clown Pennywise the clown's true form is, 'deadlight' a yellow glowing light that lures unsuspecting victims to feed on them.

Lord of the Rings - In the Dead Marshes frodo is warned not to go towards the lights... the lights being the dead under the marshes.

I'm sure there are others these two just come to mind instantly.

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
Doug Rattmann
Splintercat

cat_stare Splintercat? Is that a cat made of wood (splinter-cat) or something? cat_question
mosspath
Doug Rattmann
Splintercat

cat_stare Splintercat? Is that a cat made of wood (splinter-cat) or something? cat_question

splintercat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces