Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Gaian

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
i have to say the creature from the book Alice in Wonderland, the Jabberwocky. it was supposed to be ferocious. isnt that kinda like a dragon though?

Liberal Gaian

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
JunePearls23
i have to say the creature from the book Alice in Wonderland, the Jabberwocky. it was supposed to be ferocious. isnt that kinda like a dragon though?

thats from a book. now from mythology, it would have to be the gorgon sisters. three/four (depends on how u look at it) hideous women that turn u to stone, snakes as hair, nasty teeth, and pretty much epitomize death
Ping of Death
R a i n b o o h
In our country the Philippines, there is a creature called manananggal.

She is a woman that can seperate her body in half through the waistline and flies at night with her upper body (and leaves the other half in a hidden place), looking for pregnant women to feed on or sometimes children. It is said that the only way to kill a manananggal is to put salt on her lower body, so that she can't re-connect with it anymore. When the sun comes up and when the creature still can't return to her body, she gets burned by the sunlight.

Even today, there are some people who have encountered a manananggal, however, none of them have sufficient evidence.
I was gonna choose this too. wink I've read a lot of myths but nothing's scarier than the manananggal and its cousins (other variations) throughout Southeast Asia. We have one such item in The Nightmare (E.I.). The pose is called Penanggalan.

Aigooo, that creature really gives me the creeps. emotion_donotwant

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Darkfirefairy37
A kelpie is a water horse from Scottish folklore. Legend has it that this creature could shape shift into either a handsome young man or a beautiful horses, it is said that it would lure its prey to it and as the person touched it, it's adhesive skin would prevent its victim from escaping then dragging it down into the water and drowning them. After the person had drowned the kelpie would then eat its victim only leaving it's liver and heart.

seriously but not deadly scared of him cause i'm not a scareddy cat like u guys

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
i have to say the creature from the movie Alice in Wonderland, the Jabberwocky

Quotable Poster

8,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
im definately going to say the Siren is my favorite.

Quotable Poster

8,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Pyro BladeWing
El coco, which is basically spanish for "the boogy man"

awesome sauce. everyone knows who the boogy man is..but know one really knows...

Sparkly Fairy

Oooh, Hmmm
I'm caught between the Dullahan and the various takes on the hellhounds ( Barghest, Yeth Hound, Church Grim, Cwn Annwn, Cadejo, and the list goes on)

Dullahans come from irish myth and are headless men who are omens of death
Brief Summary

As for the various hellhounds I like the various depictions on them that span the entire world, its fascinating that similar themes pop up in all different country with these devilish dogs.

6,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I may be simple, but my faes. have always been Vamp, dragon, unicorn. in revers order from when I was a child

Interesting Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm probably a tad bit lame, but werewolves are still my favorite monster. I've always loved stories involving them, but for some reason they're also the one type of monster most likely to give me nightmares. O.o Something about them gets under my skin very easily, and a horror film involving them keeps me looking over my shoulder and jumping at shadows for the rest of the night. *laughs at self*

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
The Bogeyman and the Candyman. The Bogeyman had used to scare the crap out of me when I was little, which still gets to me to this day. Ever since I had watched Candyman, it scared the hell out of me

Feral Mage

9,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Probably Neko-mata (monster cat). But classic basilisks and Cerburus are cool too.

Interesting Gaian

My favourites are the undead. All kinds of undead: ghouls, banshees, ghosts, spectres, zombies, skeletons.. heart

7,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
vampires zombies siren

High-functioning Smoker

the chupracabra eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash