Welcome to Gaia! ::

or is it?? FAIRY TAILS WITH A TWIST!!!!!!!!

Partying Sweetheart

I don't really understand what you're trying to ask but I'm gonna post something about twist endings anyways. So, I'm just going to talk about the brother's grimm's cinderella and then I'm going to expand on the first version of cinderella.

The grimm's cinderella was based mostly on Charles Perrault's cinderella, which talks about injustice, avarice, and oppression. The brothers grimm made it into german and added certain impacts. For example, the evil step sisters no longer cut of parts of their feet. Also, the father is no longer as dominated by the step mother, which may be a reason why Cinderella managed to get the twig in the first place.

Still, I prefer Charles Perrault's version because it gives the step sisters their fitting reward: cleaning filth and doing hard manual labor. Kinda ironic, because the two sisters are filth.
Hence, for me, it kinda depends on what kind of twist ending, in this case, I prefer no twist ending at all, but for other stories, e.g. The Necklace by Maupassant, I find the twist ending wholly cruel yet strangely fitting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games