Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone ever heard of this movie? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED it as a kid. I used to watch it like every day and then hide in cupboards and try to find the 'secret passageway to see my great great great great...grandmother'.
I never heard of the movie, but I think I read the book when I was little and loved it even though it was somewhere around 1000 pages long.
Would it by any chance happen to be about a young princess (I think her name was Irene) who lives in a castle with evil, hard-headed goblins tunneling underneath, a wise hermit great great great grandmother in her attic, and the princess is saved by a young coal-miner? If not, then the movie has nothing to do with the book...
Marksmanx3
I never heard of the movie, but I think I read the book when I was little and loved it even though it was somewhere around 1000 pages long.
Would it by any chance happen to be about a young princess (I think her name was Irene) who lives in a castle with evil, hard-headed goblins tunneling underneath, a wise hermit great great great grandmother in her attic, and the princess is saved by a young coal-miner? If not, then the movie has nothing to do with the book...
YES, that is exactly what it is about! You should totally watch the movie, it's awesome haha.
thebestrose828
YES, that is exactly what it is about! You should totally watch the movie, it's awesome haha.

Alright, I'll look it up biggrin and if you haven't read the book yet, I recommend it--I read it in fourth grade, and it might have been 3000 pages long, so I found it a little tedious, but it was a great book.
Personally I liked it because it was a really different fairytale--the characters were not just lucky or beautiful, they got stuff done because they were clever, the story was unique, and it wasn't "twisted" nor would it ever need to be to make it special smile
I loved the book, and the movie.

I'd forgotten about it, though. Thanks for reminding me!

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
thebestrose828
Anyone ever heard of this movie? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED it as a kid. I used to watch it like every day and then hide in cupboards and try to find the 'secret passageway to see my great great great great...grandmother'.

I haven't read the book, but I used to watch the movie all the time when I was little. I still kinda like it and have it somewhere on VHS. (I still have a player I could watch it in too).
Earyn
thebestrose828

I haven't read the book, but I used to watch the movie all the time when I was little. I still kinda like it and have it somewhere on VHS. (I still have a player I could watch it in too).

Im diggin the Moltres you're riding.

Oh, and that book is gay.
I saw the movie a long time ago, but liked it. Another one I enjoyed was the Black Cauldron, which is similar in the sense that it isn't fluffy sparkly Princess stuff, but is actually pretty dark and action-packed.
OH MY GODS SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS THIS MOVIE EXISTS!!

i loved it as a kid SO much! we still have it on VHS with a bunch of other movies heart heart

Kawaii Shoujo

I have only seen either trailers or commercials but have never seen the movie before.

Eloquent Informer

The movie was alright. The book was better (as always happens). The book is a lot more complex than the movie, which I like. I very much enjoyed the book as a kid. I also liked "Red Moon, Black Mountain."

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
I loved that movie as a kid! do any of you remember the phone card that came with the movie? for some reason i do.

the book was good, it was a fun read. Thank you for makeing this thread.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Read the book and watched the movie, loved them both.

The book's got an out of print sequel too, I tried to find it with no luck.

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
boyamiconfuzed

Would this be it?

The Princess and Curdie

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Phoenixspade
boyamiconfuzed

Would this be it?

The Princess and Curdie

Yes. You are now my favorite person ever and shall remain so until I award the title to someone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff