Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rate this new series on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best!

1 0.058333333333333 5.8% [ 7 ]
2 0.016666666666667 1.7% [ 2 ]
3 0.025 2.5% [ 3 ]
4 0.025 2.5% [ 3 ]
5 0.11666666666667 11.7% [ 14 ]
6 0.1 10.0% [ 12 ]
7 0.125 12.5% [ 15 ]
8 0.1 10.0% [ 12 ]
9 0.091666666666667 9.2% [ 11 ]
10 0.34166666666667 34.2% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 120 ]
< 1 2

I love the grimms fairytales. I watched the first two episodes in this series and though parts of it intruiged me for some reason I din't continue to watch it. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. Thanks for reminding me maybe I'll watch a few more of them to see if it has gotten bettr or if i'd like it better.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
wow really thats crazy koo xp
NightDarkling13

I love Grimm! C:
User Image

I started watching it partly because I enjoy shows involving supernatural situations.
(I like Supernatural as well...)
I also started watching it because I love Grimm's fairy tales.
Especially the really obscure ones that no one has heard of.

While Grimm doesn't necessarily use obscure Grimm tales, it applies them to a modern day approach, which I appreciate. I enjoyed watching Once Upon A Time for a while, but Grimm has won out in my heart.
I love the characters, although my favorite is definitely Eddie Monroe.
Nick is entertaining and fun to watch.
My family and I both wish that Sergeant Wu was on the show more often.

I've gushed about the show to many friends and I've converted quite a few of them.
I do wish that the plot twists involving Renard would be more frequent and that the twists with the reapers were more present as well. I can live with modern day versions, though.
I don't really watch a lot of TV. :'D

7,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mistress BatNeko
I like the show a lot! I love that they actually film in Portland, which is near where I live. One of these days, I'll have to try and find some of the buildings they used.

University of Portland (where the girl leaves from in the first episode to start her jog AND where they find the dead music teacher a few episodes later)

Forest Park (the majority of the outdoorsy/wilderness/forest stuff)

Toyota docks at Terminal......2 question under the St. Johns Bridge (where the DJ/ violinist lives and releases all the rodents from)

Warehouse district under the Morrison question bridge (where the Island of Dreams is) near OMSI

Sandy River Bridge in Troutdale... I don't remember what episode this was in but there was a body found in the middle of the two-lane bridge. They said this was near Multnomah Falls and Milwaukie but neither of those places are very close to that bridge.

Stanton Yard (where Nicks trailer is kept) is under the Freemont Bridge on-ramps and is a maintenance area for City of Portland vehicles.

They've also been out in Linnton a few times at abandoned saw mills (where they fights were in 'Last Grimm Standing' <-- I think that's what it's called) I think they may have been out on Swan Island a few times as well, but this could have been "Leverage" filming. There are always signs out directing people to locations down there when I go to work.

Hope this helps you find a few places! I've loved seeing so much local stuff, too!

Hallowed Healer

17,675 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
Mistress BatNeko
Lily_Fairegarden
Just a couple of questions for other Grimm fans - does anyone else get the feeling that there is more to Juliet than meets the eye? There have been a couple of situations where she has acted counter-intuitively to what a normal person would do that have just "pinged" me as being something off. I mean, she didn't scream when she saw the ogre in her house and her man down, she ran for the knives and the boiling water. She didn't scream for dragon-girl, she knocked her out. While I'm very in favour of strong women characters, the woman is supposed to be normal, a veterinarian, not someone who faces down ogres or kidnappers.
So... "normal" women aren't supposed to be brave and protect themselves or their loved ones?

Didn't actually say that. She has been presented to us as a "normal" human as opposed to a Grimm or Wesen. And I know that even with my training, I'd not have gone for a knife when an ogre of a man has broken up my home and taken down a trained detective. I'd have had my cell out and calling for help as I tried to lead the ogre away. Her reactions are just not quite right, IMO. And no one shoots that well their first time.

On the other hand, in another discussion of Juliette, it was suggested by a few other people, who think that there is something more than meets the eye with her, that perhaps Juliette is a unactivated Grimm herself. Or perhaps from a lineage that marries Grimms. Or perhaps of the same type as Renard is, since the captain does not set off any "Grimm" senses.

Either way, I suppose we'll find out by the end of the season. I hope.

Zira Angel's Significant Otter

Obsessive Lover

Lily_Fairegarden
Just a couple of questions for other Grimm fans - does anyone else get the feeling that there is more to Juliet than meets the eye? There have been a couple of situations where she has acted counter-intuitively to what a normal person would do that have just "pinged" me as being something off. I mean, she didn't scream when she saw the ogre in her house and her man down, she ran for the knives and the boiling water. She didn't scream for dragon-girl, she knocked her out. While I'm very in favour of strong women characters, the woman is supposed to be normal, a veterinarian, not someone who faces down ogres or kidnappers.
So... "normal" women aren't supposed to be brave and protect themselves or their loved ones?
They were filming an episode of Grimm up the street from my house the other day!
xd heart

6,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Remy _ LeBeau
Quote:
Grimm is an American dark fantasy drama television series created by Stephen Carpenter, David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf. It debuted on NBC on October 28, 2011. The series follows a homicide detective (David Giuntoli) who learns that he is a descendent of a group of hunters known as "Grimms", who fight to keep humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world.

I tuned in and thoroughly enjoyed the debut episode of this brand new series, and admit that I liked it more than "Once Upon A Time". So I thought that "Grimm" deserved it's very own "official" thread here so fans can jump in and discuss everything from the episodes themselves, to the stars and everything in between!

Enjoy folks!

sounds, fun, btw I love your avi heart
Lily_Fairegarden

I didn't mind either of those examples - I think punching dragon-girl is fine. Screaming would have been pointless - she had the element of surprise because she'd hidden that Monroe had untied her hands so punching the kidnapper was the logical thing to do. And about the ogre attack - sure, if she'd been alone in the house then running would have been obvious but Nick was down and she could reasonably assume if she didn't do anything to try to stop Stark then he'd seriously injure, possibly kill Nick and its not like she had any way of knowing Stark wasn't human. Throwing boiling water on a normal home invader in defense of you family would be pretty reasonable.

What does bother me about her is that she went alone to check out the address of someone who'd been watching her house where she lives with her boyfriend who is a cop... a few weeks at most after his being a cop got him targeted by an ex-con with a serious grudge. And after Nick told her it was too dangerous and said he'd have some uniformed officers check it out. That is not something a reasonable person should do.

And I don't think her name is anything more than being like the names in Harry Potter where bad guys have names like Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy that telegraph their roles in the story. So its like the writers needed a name for the main character's one true love and started thinking of names that would suit and of course Juliet would come up. In which case, I think its also an indication of a lack of devotion to her as her own character. I mean, have you noticed how dismally Grimm fails the Bechdel Test? Yeah we saw Aunt Marie kick a** for one scene but even she only talked to Juliette about Nick and now she's gone.

Hallowed Healer

17,675 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100

I keep hearing the line from Shakespeare - "Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet." every time I hear him call her Juliet.
i
And I CANNOT wait to find out more about Renard. The fact that he isn't on Nick's radar really intrigues me. What *is* he???? Is he protecting Nick? Or biding his time? And what was that creature that he unleashed in the fight episode?

Soooo many questions.

The only problem I have with the show is the theme music. Or rather, extremely lame theme music. Someone really should have come up with something that triggered "Grimm" when you hear it. Frankly, I can't even come up with what they play now in my head at the moment. All I know is that the theme music is totally forgettable.

~Lily

* edited to correct a nasty typo.

Mythical Flame

16,900 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
i love the show so much biggrin

Demonic Raider

8,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Befriended 100
I like how they provide some background on the fairy tale folklore and deconstruct all fairy tale cliché

Zira Angel's Significant Otter

Obsessive Lover

I like the show a lot! I love that they actually film in Portland, which is near where I live. One of these days, I'll have to try and find some of the buildings they used.

5,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kilted
No I agree with you there. I wouldn't expect him to know everything that's in the Grimm books. I was talking more about how he doesn't seem to be more than vaguely connected with other Wesen in the city. He hasn't seen a Fuchsbau in ages and yet we've seen what, 3 in 13 episodes? And he's heard of Marie Kessler by name prior to meeting Nick, but nothing's ever come up to even hint that Monroe knows anything about who's important in the Wesen community in Portland - like he doesn't even know that there is one of whatever Renard is getting things done in Portland even when Nick is running across multiple Hexenbeists who apparently serve royalty. That's what I think seems kind of strange.

I can see where you're coming from there. But isn't he a rather solitary Bludbad (sp. ch.), in that because he doesn't eat people anymore, he's kind of an Outcast? that may be an explanation as to why he isn't really in the know... Or maybe even because he doesn't really want to get in the middle of this almost political side of the Wesen community, because you have to admit, that the s**t with Renard is very military-operation-esque in the way that he's taking orders from an unknown source, rather than doing what he thinks would work. /:

Magical Shoujo

25,950 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I've only seen the first episode, but it looked to have great potential. It's on my list of things to watch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff