Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rate this new series on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best!

1 0.058333333333333 5.8% [ 7 ]
2 0.016666666666667 1.7% [ 2 ]
3 0.025 2.5% [ 3 ]
4 0.025 2.5% [ 3 ]
5 0.11666666666667 11.7% [ 14 ]
6 0.1 10.0% [ 12 ]
7 0.125 12.5% [ 15 ]
8 0.1 10.0% [ 12 ]
9 0.091666666666667 9.2% [ 11 ]
10 0.34166666666667 34.2% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 120 ]
1 2 >

3,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Quote:
Grimm is an American dark fantasy drama television series created by Stephen Carpenter, David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf. It debuted on NBC on October 28, 2011. The series follows a homicide detective (David Giuntoli) who learns that he is a descendent of a group of hunters known as "Grimms", who fight to keep humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world.

I tuned in and thoroughly enjoyed the debut episode of this brand new series, and admit that I liked it more than "Once Upon A Time". So I thought that "Grimm" deserved it's very own "official" thread here so fans can jump in and discuss everything from the episodes themselves, to the stars and everything in between!

Enjoy folks!

Prophet

None of the characters really seem likeable to me, and I don't like that the main character is in law enforcement, but it was still pretty fun and I'll continue watching.
OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITS
I watch it every week but sometimes, I don't really know why I like it.

I like the storyline with Renard a lot and wish they'd go more into that - we get little hints here and there that something deeper is going on and Nick and even Monroe are pretty clueless about it (which I think makes Monroe look like a bit of a bumpkin sometimes especially when he seems so knowledgeable and connected about other things). I'd like to see more development there. I think that sort of global political background could make it more epic (in the literary sense, not the fangirl sense) and give it something to bridge the single episode, low fantasy creature crimes plots into a more compelling story.

What bothers me though is that the show seriously lacks internal logic sometimes. Like in the Geier episode where within the span of five minutes we go from hearing that the victim was in good health 'for a street kid' to hearing that all the organs were in perfect condition to suddenly looking for missing street kids without anyone thinking "hey, I wonder how they knew which street kids were healthy... wait, they all go to the same clinic... hmmm."

I also don't like the constant reliance on German - yes the Grimm fairy tales are German but in the show universe, the creatures just exist, all over the world (the jagerbars are tied in with Native North America, the spinetod scroll was in Japanese) so there's no reason they should necessarily call themselves by German names.

Dapper Pup

8,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
I LOVE this show because I LOVE the Grimm fairytales and how they tie them into the show. It's interesting, but I stopped watching them after episode three. . . don't know why. . . just stopped. . . maybe I'll continue watching it since it is a really awesome show. If it'd develop an even deeper story plot, then it'd be even more epic. biggrin blaugh
Kilted
What bothers me though is that the show seriously lacks internal logic sometimes. Like in the Geier episode where within the span of five minutes we go from hearing that the victim was in good health 'for a street kid' to hearing that all the organs were in perfect condition to suddenly looking for missing street kids without anyone thinking "hey, I wonder how they knew which street kids were healthy... wait, they all go to the same clinic... hmmm."
Also in the dragon episode where they go from "where do you get that much human fat? A morgue," to a DNA match on a person that not one has seen lately and yet even Hank isn't so much as slightly surprised when they find out he's alive.
I wish that they would give Monroe MORE. heart
And honestly. When are the Reapers going to move?

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

I love Grimm! C:
User Image

I started watching it partly because I enjoy shows involving supernatural situations.
(I like Supernatural as well...)
I also started watching it because I love Grimm's fairy tales.
Especially the really obscure ones that no one has heard of.

While Grimm doesn't necessarily use obscure Grimm tales, it applies them to a modern day approach, which I appreciate. I enjoyed watching Once Upon A Time for a while, but Grimm has won out in my heart.
I love the characters, although my favorite is definitely Eddie Monroe.
Nick is entertaining and fun to watch.
My family and I both wish that Sergeant Wu was on the show more often.

I've gushed about the show to many friends and I've converted quite a few of them.
I do wish that the plot twists involving Renard would be more frequent and that the twists with the reapers were more present as well. I can live with modern day versions, though.
I don't really watch a lot of TV. :'D

5,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I LOVE the series, but does anyone know where they're getting their quotes from now? The first couple of episodes, I knew which Grimm Fairytale they were from, but for a while now, I've been secretly thinking they're starting to make stuff up. Lol

Adored Cat

20,450 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
emobatman69
OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITS

me to xp

Questionable Borg

I can't get into it. I only watched the first few epsiodes.

5,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kilted
I watch it every week but sometimes, I don't really know why I like it.

I like the storyline with Renard a lot and wish they'd go more into that - we get little hints here and there that something deeper is going on and Nick and even Monroe are pretty clueless about it (which I think makes Monroe look like a bit of a bumpkin sometimes especially when he seems so knowledgeable and connected about other things). I'd like to see more development there. I think that sort of global political background could make it more epic (in the literary sense, not the fangirl sense) and give it something to bridge the single episode, low fantasy creature crimes plots into a more compelling story.

I also don't like the constant reliance on German - yes the Grimm fairy tales are German but in the show universe, the creatures just exist, all over the world (the jagerbars are tied in with Native North America, the spinetod scroll was in Japanese) so there's no reason they should necessarily call themselves by German names.

See, the way I see Monroe's insights is, he just knows about the characteristics, or even one could say stereotypes, about the different races of creatures (anyone remember what the generic term was for the creatures? I know it was mentioned once...). I mean, it'd be like a human talking about Mexicans, or Africans, or other races of people as opposed to Caucasians. But yea, I do agree with the depth with the Reapers and such. It'd be great to see some of these crimes relate back to them in some obscure but insightful political way.

Also, when it comes to the German aspect, I agree that its strange they picked German to be their universal language or whatever. Yes, it is Grimm Fairy-tales, but you're right, throwing the Japanese in there without going anywhere with it... Twas suckish. If anything, one would think that the names would change with whatever language was dominant in the world at the time Grimm's being somewhat nomadic hunters. But I guess English would be a bit anti-climatic huh? "Oh, you want to know about the Spider-Women?" lol
Kyoretsu Bijin
See, the way I see Monroe's insights is, he just knows about the characteristics, or even one could say stereotypes, about the different races of creatures (anyone remember what the generic term was for the creatures? I know it was mentioned once...). I mean, it'd be like a human talking about Mexicans, or Africans, or other races of people as opposed to Caucasians.
No I agree with you there. I wouldn't expect him to know everything that's in the Grimm books. I was talking more about how he doesn't seem to be more than vaguely connected with other Wesen in the city. He hasn't seen a Fuchsbau in ages and yet we've seen what, 3 in 13 episodes? And he's heard of Marie Kessler by name prior to meeting Nick, but nothing's ever come up to even hint that Monroe knows anything about who's important in the Wesen community in Portland - like he doesn't even know that there is one of whatever Renard is getting things done in Portland even when Nick is running across multiple Hexenbeists who apparently serve royalty. That's what I think seems kind of strange.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff