Welcome to Gaia! ::

Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
How are you going to cast the pansky teenager kid SWEENEY TODD as Jace???? scream FAIL

What do you think?

whos jace?

Lover

deedra flynn
iL0vE2
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
Miii Boo
D: there going to get him to play Jace??? D: pffftttttttttttttttt thats so bad >.<" when u think of jace u would not think of that kid. >.<" idk if i even want to see him butcher that role lol just like dakota fanning in twilight >.<" its going to ruin the movie. The guy who played in beastly would be sooooooo much better as jace!

THANK YOU!

i also agree too... ive read the books and i think its supposed to make girls scream over jace and i dont think jamie is that type.... yes he is a good actor but he is not scream material... that just my opinion

I don't think that actor fits the description in the book. While reading it, I was always picturing Alex Pettyfer emotion_bigheart (the guy from beastly), hefits the description much better emotion_kirakira

totally. its because he is appealing to the eye.
It's really starting to irk me how many people are just so quick to criticize Jamie Campbell Bower just because Alex Pettyfer didn't get the role. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but some of the negativity is just plain ruthless.

1) "Jamie Campbell Bower can't act."
I believe he demonstrated his acting ability in both King Arthur and Sweeney Todd. This insult is usually followed by praise for Alex Pettyfer. I've seen the way Alex Pettyfer acts. It's stale at best. The guy is a real looker, I'll give him that, and were he to hit on me I'd swoon for his physical appearence...but the fact remains that he can't act. In all of his work he seems as if he does not want to be there, and I swear he's looking at the guy behind the camera sometimes with a look that says, "Are we done yet?"

2) "Jamie Campbell Bower is ugly."
Okay, so someone is going to have to get their eyes checked and it's either me or his haters. I believe Jamie is absolutely stunning. He's not even handsome, cute, or 'hawt'....he's gorgeous. His facial structure is unbelieveable. Again, I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and people can believe he is unattractive if they wish...but seriously! What are they seeing that I'm not, because all I see is a gorgeous guy!

3) "Alex Pettyfer should have gotten the role."
Everyone knows this, yet no one seems to get it. I'm going to go ahead and do the equivalent to online yelling and use caps to get it through people's heads: ALEX DID NOT WANT TO PLAY JACE. ALEX TURNED DOWN THE ROLE! WHY DO YOU GUYS WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT THE ROLE TO PLAY JACE. YOU GO ON AND ON ABOUT HOW JAMIE IS GOING TO RUIN THE MOVIE, YET YOU WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO BE THERE TO PLAY HIM!

4) "The movie is going to bomb because of Jamie."
I highly doubt it. Mortal Instruments has a very strong following, and even people who haven't read the book will probably check it out. It has a good story. All that needs to be done is proper promotion and advertising. Also, as many people who think Jamie is unattractive there are probably far more that would agree with me. Remember Robert Pattinson? I was against him playing Edward in Twilight before I even read the book. I did not think he was attractive at all and he didn't fit the vampire profile to me. On the other hand, Stephanie Meyer didn't write Edward to be a typical vampire and there were far more women and girls who disagreed with my point of view and thought he was 'hawt.' I still don't like Twilight or Robert Pattinson, but what is my feeble little opinion against so many opposing others. It didn't matter what I thought about Twilight or Robert Pattinson, because the movie went on to be a success.

So there you go. This is my opinion and you have yours.

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
iL0vE2
deedra flynn
iL0vE2
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
Miii Boo
D: there going to get him to play Jace??? D: pffftttttttttttttttt thats so bad >.<" when u think of jace u would not think of that kid. >.<" idk if i even want to see him butcher that role lol just like dakota fanning in twilight >.<" its going to ruin the movie. The guy who played in beastly would be sooooooo much better as jace!

THANK YOU!

i also agree too... ive read the books and i think its supposed to make girls scream over jace and i dont think jamie is that type.... yes he is a good actor but he is not scream material... that just my opinion

I don't think that actor fits the description in the book. While reading it, I was always picturing Alex Pettyfer emotion_bigheart (the guy from beastly), hefits the description much better emotion_kirakira

Are you kidding me? The guy looks like he's thirty. He's certainly not who I'd choose to play a seventeen year old boy.

Lover

Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
deedra flynn
iL0vE2
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
Miii Boo

THANK YOU!

Are you kidding me? The guy looks like he's thirty. He's certainly not who I'd choose to play a seventeen year old boy.

Jamie campbel bower or alex pettyfer? because alex is younger than jamie.

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
iL0vE2
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
deedra flynn
iL0vE2

But Jamie actually looks like a seventeen year old boy unlike Alex. Despite his good looks Alex, dare I say, is much harder looking. We should also consider that Alex didn't even want to play Jace. Someone not wanting to be there would definitely kill the movie. I think Metheshrew summed it up quite nicely in her post.

Lover

Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
deedra flynn
iL0vE2

But Jamie actually looks like a seventeen year old boy unlike Alex. Despite his good looks Alex, dare I say, is much harder looking. We should also consider that Alex didn't even want to play Jace. Someone not wanting to be there would definitely kill the movie. I think Metheshrew summed it up quite nicely in her post.

that is true but, cassandra clare wrote Jace as a guy to gush over.... would you fall in love with jamie campbell bower? some would but not a lot

Lover

Jay kalar
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2

y u quoting?

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
iL0vE2
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2
Doodieballsdotcom
iL0vE2

that is true but, cassandra clare wrote Jace as a guy to gush over.... would you fall in love with jamie campbell bower? some would but not a lot

I beg to differ. When I saw Sweeney Todd with my friends in the theatres more women gushed over Jamie than Johnny Depp. The guy is gorgeous, and as many girls are whining about his appearence there are just as many excited to see him play Jace. I've even spoken with people who say that they pictured someone like Jamie as Jace. Don't get me wrong, Alex Pettyfer is good looking...but honestly, his looks are generic. Jace is supposed to be part angel. Someone with generic looks does not fit that profile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff