Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you remember the series?

Oh my gawd. I had forgotten all about this. 0.13071895424837 13.1% [ 40 ]
Wolf. <3 0.57843137254902 57.8% [ 177 ]
...no. (in which case you should check it out!) 0.29084967320261 29.1% [ 89 ]
Total Votes:[ 306 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
I watched the entire series once at a friend's house one Saturday. I've loved it since. heart
Just thinking about it makes me want to watch it even though I just watched it a few weeks ago. razz I love it so much, it's so nostalgic and amazing. heart It'll forever be my favourite fairy tale, and when I have kids, I'll be sure to make them watch it too. lol
And I just realized that I had a crush on Wolf when I was a kid... I used to have dreams about him, hehe.

Lonely Informer

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God I am watching this now

and wanted to scan wikipedia and see if anything I didnt notice or at least learn more about the characters

anyways
they have a teaser for the plot of the potential sequel and ti sounds so kewl
argh why cant they make the sequel I wanna visit the Nine Kingdoms one more time,

even if Ed O Neils character is dead

Romantic Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
WileyDairyGnome
Enchanted_Girl
rofl THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

This is my childhood right here!!! They were suppose to make a 2nd one...nope. But ohmahgoodness this was the best ever!!! When I saw Kimberly Williams in According to Jim I was like..HOLY POOP ITS VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDD

No lie this has to be one of the best Fairy Tale related movies/shows ever <3 <3 <3

Oh my gosh I know, every time I see Kimberly Williams, I just think "Aww Virginia, where's Wolf??"

The 10th Kingdom is also my favourite fairy tale. smile People say that Snow White or Cinderella is their favourite, well I say The 10th Kingdom, and no one understands. sad

Hahaha I know the feeling, its so rare to find anyone that knows about The 10th Kingdom which is really sad cuz it was really good!

Shy Bunny

How I wish my copy of this wasn't so damn buggy...it was so good

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Quiet Daydreamer
User Image

I don't know about anyone else, but I have fond memories of this miniseries. I watched it with my mom and sister, huddled together on the futon, as we watched Virginia's self-discovery, Tony's stupidity, and Wolf's zeal (split between food and Virginia).

If you haven't heard of 10th Kingdom, you should totally check it out. It's campy, but it's also heartwarming and a fun adventure.

Here's the hauntingly beautiful opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKgcF-FU9M]/youtube]
If that doesn't get you hooked, I don't know what would.

Who were some of your favorite characters? What about some of your favorite scenes?

(This is probably my favorite with the frog and the riddle.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGo31JR-iTI[/youtube]

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes I remember and never really
forgot about this show.. the opening theme song
was done so well... it always
messes with my heart and mind...

and just puts me in a great mood...
Oddly enough I didn't have a fav..
Love the way they did it overall...

and how they told the story so differently..
Love the deep of the char's...

emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_facepalm emotion_dealwithit
I haven't seen this in a long time and don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember the day my sister, my brother, and I watched it. We spent the entire day watching it. I remember how my mom and dad went some where and when they came back they were like, "You're still watching it?"

I should rewatch this.
kazuki ruki 11
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes I remember and never really
forgot about this show.. the opening theme song
was done so well... it always
messes with my heart and mind...

and just puts me in a great mood...
Oddly enough I didn't have a fav..
Love the way they did it overall...

and how they told the story so differently..
Love the deep of the char's...

emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_facepalm emotion_dealwithit

User Image
burning_eyes
I just love that darn song.. hahaha

User Image

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Do I remember it?

Ha!

I bought the thing on VHS and still try to re-watch the entire thing from beginning to end at least once a year.

It is BY FAR my favorite miniseries.
I haven't seen that in so long i want to watch it now, i wonder if its on netflix smile

Feral Vampire

I adored the 10th kingdom and even brought myself the dvd boxset. I might have to wap it out and watch it again over the holidays.
The opening is probably the best opening to a tv series I have ever watched. Its so interesting and wonderful, its slightly disappointing no-one else has really pushed the opening of episodes like the 10th kingdom had.
I was wondering how the book was. Is it better then the series or does the series follow very closely to the book?

My favourite character has to be wolf. I had/have such a crush on him. heart

Witty Humorist

I need o get the DVDs and book hnng. I have an old casette XD. Are there any Wendell fans here? I think I'm the odd one out to say I hardcore crushed on him once upon a time.

Eloquent Dabbler

16,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
I loved/love this series! All because of Wolf heart I even bought the soundtrack just for the opening theme 3nodding The three trolls were also hilarious User Image I kept wishing they would make a second, but I would be disappointed if the same guy wasn't Wolf.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games