Do you remember the series?

Oh my gawd. I had forgotten all about this. 0.13071895424837 13.1% [ 40 ]
Wolf. <3 0.57843137254902 57.8% [ 177 ]
...no. (in which case you should check it out!) 0.29084967320261 29.1% [ 89 ]
Total Votes:[ 306 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Advanced Enabler

User Image

I don't know about anyone else, but I have fond memories of this miniseries. I watched it with my mom and sister, huddled together on the futon, as we watched Virginia's self-discovery, Tony's stupidity, and Wolf's zeal (split between food and Virginia).

If you haven't heard of 10th Kingdom, you should totally check it out. It's campy, but it's also heartwarming and a fun adventure.

Here's the hauntingly beautiful opening:
[youtube mad oem0o51]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKgcF-FU9M]/youtube]
If that doesn't get you hooked, I don't know what would.

Who were some of your favorite characters? What about some of your favorite scenes?

(This is probably my favorite with the frog and the riddle.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGo31JR-iTI[/youtube]
OMG!!! I didn't think that anyone remembered this!!! My favorite character has to be WOLF!!!! I also like Blabberwort, Burly, and Bluebell. I have two favorite scenes: the first is when Wolf first makes it to New York and he sees the Grill on the Park, when he goes inside, just as the woman is putting the piece of steak in her mouth he stops mid-stride and yells, "I SMELL DOG!!!", and the woman lays down the steak. My second favorite scene is where they are in the forest after Prince was just turned golden and as Wolf is trying to recite something from his book, he sniffs several times and finally yell, "TONY,YOU'RE RUINING THE BACON, I CAN SMELL IT BURNING!!!" LOL!!!! I've been borrowing the DVD from my local library and have read the book. Maybe I should consider buying both. heart

Dapper Vampire

It's nice to see that people still remember this show. I loved the show. It was rather interesting and different. I liked wolf, I think he was one of my favorite characters. My favorite part is when Tony and Virginia are in the forest and start singing with the mushrooms. I can't help but find that hilarious. This movie had a lot of great scenes.
Definitely the troll triplets and the Huntsman!!

I'm REALLY surprised anyone else watched it. My dad, brother and i tend to go without TV in phases and buy movies instead... and we found this miniseries on sale after seeing one of the episodes randomly. We go back and re-watch it every couple years.

So cheesy and amazing XD

Advanced Enabler

BriBri6893
OMG!!! I didn't think that anyone remembered this!!! My favorite character has to be WOLF!!!! I also like Blabberwort, Burly, and Bluebell. I have two favorite scenes: the first is when Wolf first makes it to New York and he sees the Grill on the Park, when he goes inside, just as the woman is putting the piece of steak in her mouth he stops mid-stride and yells, "I SMELL DOG!!!", and the woman lays down the steak. My second favorite scene is where they are in the forest after Prince was just turned golden and as Wolf is trying to recite something from his book, he sniffs several times and finally yell, "TONY, THE BACON, I CAN SMELL IT BURNING!!!" LOL!!!! I've been borrowing the DVD from my local library and have read the book. Maybe I should consider buying both. heart

Haha, I totally forgot about the steak/dog bit! XD But the bacon scene is great. I gotta memorize that line as Wolf turns the bacon sandwich in his hands and says all the different ways you can eat bacon.

Was there I a book? O_o And you should definitely buy the DVD. I think it was the first DVD my family owned. XD

Advanced Enabler

xDarkWinterx

It's nice to see that people still remember this show. I loved the show. It was rather interesting and different. I liked wolf, I think he was one of my favorite characters. My favorite part is when Tony and Virginia are in the forest and start singing with the mushrooms. I can't help but find that hilarious. This movie had a lot of great scenes.

Every time I hear "A Whiter Shade of Pale" I have to think of this series. Every time.

Advanced Enabler

bwargle
Definitely the troll triplets and the Huntsman!!

I'm REALLY surprised anyone else watched it. My dad, brother and i tend to go without TV in phases and buy movies instead... and we found this miniseries on sale after seeing one of the episodes randomly. We go back and re-watch it every couple years.

So cheesy and amazing XD

Haha, are you kidding? I've met a bunch of other people who have watched it. And when I encounter someone who hasn't seen it, I make them watch it. XD

Hmm, interesting choice with the Huntsman! Why him?
burning_eyes I remember and never really
forgot about this show.. the opening theme song
was done so well... it always
messes with my heart and mind...

and just puts me in a great mood...
Oddly enough I didn't have a fav..
Love the way they did it overall...

and how they told the story so differently..
Love the deep of the char's...

Advanced Enabler

EthelbertOddity

Oh gosh...the opening is absolutely amazing. I dreamed about it all the time as a kid. And that rendition of the song is even better than the original.

Haha, I think I edited in the intro video at the same time you did for your post! XD I was just about to quote you to say that you inspired me to go out and find the clip and put it in the first post. Man, now this song is going to be in my head all night tonight...
Quiet Daydreamer
EthelbertOddity

Oh gosh...the opening is absolutely amazing. I dreamed about it all the time as a kid. And that rendition of the song is even better than the original.

Haha, I think I edited in the intro video at the same time you did for your post! XD I was just about to quote you to say that you inspired me to go out and find the clip and put it in the first post. Man, now this song is going to be in my head all night tonight...

burning_eyes Hahaha yea a great song from a great series...

Dangerous Friend

16,040 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I love the 10th kingdom! (Even though it's really, really long)

I like the ring that talks. I know it maybe has about ten minutes or less of actually show time and it didn't have a big part but it's so cool! It sings, it's pretty, it gets eaten by a fish. heart

Blessed Seeker

That was a great series. I think wolf was my favorite character. I was rather dissapointed they didnt continue on with it but I suppose that is the fickle way of the entertainment industry.

3,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
After watching this on television, my mother and I went out and bought it. It was a little bit too predictable but still fun to watch. I would have liked to see more, the ending was a bit abrupt and you had to wonder what happened afterwords.

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Quiet Daydreamer
BriBri6893
OMG!!! I didn't think that anyone remembered this!!! My favorite character has to be WOLF!!!! I also like Blabberwort, Burly, and Bluebell. I have two favorite scenes: the first is when Wolf first makes it to New York and he sees the Grill on the Park, when he goes inside, just as the woman is putting the piece of steak in her mouth he stops mid-stride and yells, "I SMELL DOG!!!", and the woman lays down the steak. My second favorite scene is where they are in the forest after Prince was just turned golden and as Wolf is trying to recite something from his book, he sniffs several times and finally yell, "TONY, THE BACON, I CAN SMELL IT BURNING!!!" LOL!!!! I've been borrowing the DVD from my local library and have read the book. Maybe I should consider buying both. heart

Haha, I totally forgot about the steak/dog bit! XD But the bacon scene is great. I gotta memorize that line as Wolf turns the bacon sandwich in his hands and says all the different ways you can eat bacon.

Was there I a book? O_o And you should definitely buy the DVD. I think it was the first DVD my family owned. XD

Yep!! There was a novelization of the miniseries. ^^ I found it in my library a while back and HAD to check it out~ Just as good. biggrin

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
i love love love love the 10the Kingdom.
I remember when it aired on TV, i'd rush home to catch it.
and now every couple of years or so i take it out on dvd from my library and devote like an entire day and just watch the whole thing.
SO good.
I love Wolf, i love the part where your not sure whos side he's on.
Very interesting!!!

one of my fave funny parts is the groovy part with the mushrooms and Whiter Shade Of Pale.
and of course the trolls XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces