• Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Romeo and julite is actually a play not a fairy tale =/

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
The anime version is awesome. Its a bit different , or a lot. I think its different. But its really nice to see that they remade it. 4laugh

Liberal Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The story of Romeo and Juliet has been romanticized for its 'True Love', when in fact, it is sheer stupidity. Shakespeare wrote the story as a WARNING to the people of his age, not to support young love. I mean, two days and then you off yourself for the guy? WTFudge? C'mon? Why do we love this story? I agree with you!

Rainbow Seeker

7,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
i think it is a masterpiece. it has some really crude jokes at the beginning but that just adds to it and the way Shakspeare makes it where not one person in the play is innocent or didnt contribute to the young lovers deaths. ut also causes you to stop and think were they really in love? after all Romeo began the play heartbroken over a different maiden. i really enjoy Shakespeare and ive only read Romeo & Juliet and Julius Ceasar but his talent is obvious

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Marathon 300
FairyTamer1313
i think it is a masterpiece. it has some really crude jokes at the beginning but that just adds to it and the way Shakspeare makes it where not one person in the play is innocent or didnt contribute to the young lovers deaths. ut also causes you to stop and think were they really in love? after all Romeo began the play heartbroken over a different maiden. i really enjoy Shakespeare and ive only read Romeo & Juliet and Julius Ceasar but his talent is obvious

I am not saying that he didn't write these stories, but back in that time, a lot of ideas and stories were stolen from the people who thought of them and done before those people could. It is possible that Shakespeare had taken all of those stories from other players and just made them popular under his name. It is possible, but not likely. I don't support it, just thought i could relay the bit of knowledge.

Sparkly Humorist

12,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
my daughters middle name is juliet

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
zacx666
so... how 'bout it? i mean, they both died after knowing each other for a few days, and y'know, to me, it's kinda rediculous
what do u think?

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Lord Scipio de Faeles
FairyTamer1313

I am not saying that he didn't write these stories, but back in that time, a lot of ideas and stories were stolen from the people who thought of them and done before those people could. It is possible that Shakespeare had taken all of those stories from other players and just made them popular under his name. It is possible, but not likely. I don't support it, just thought i could relay the bit of knowledge.

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Twilit Eternity
The story of Romeo and Juliet has been romanticized for its 'True Love', when in fact, it is sheer stupidity. Shakespeare wrote the story as a WARNING to the people of his age, not to support young love. I mean, two days and then you off yourself for the guy? WTFudge? C'mon? Why do we love this story? I agree with you!

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
zacx666
so... how 'bout it? i mean, they both died after knowing each other for a few days, and y'know, to me, it's kinda rediculous
what do u think?

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
I guess you can say love at first sight. Although lust is often confused with love. I don't know man, ask Shakespeare.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Marathon 300
Serene Dippity
I guess you can say love at first sight. Although lust is often confused with love. I don't know man, ask Shakespeare.

Good point. Lust tends to get in the way of love. Stupid Greed. mad

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
There is a youtube video by the Reduced Shakespeare Company that makes me laugh.
Here's the vid (part 1 of 2.
But I generally find the story pretty dry. I'm not one for love at first sight, or any kind of instantaneous romance, so it could just be me.

Edgy Fairy

19,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • The Edgiest 250
I think Romeo's annoying because he was just jumping from girl to girl because he had just gotten over Rosaline! And Juliet really didn't know any better because before that day, she hadn't really known many guys...but she still shouldn't have fallen in love that fast...

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
xToxicRainbowss
To all people who think Romeo an juliet was romantic, its a story about a 13 y/o and a 17 y/o having a 3 day relationship that ended in 6 deaths.

I agree with this. As romantic as it may seem (to those of you that HAVEN'T read or at least researched it) it was a terrible thing to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff