Have you seen Puss in Boots?

yes 0.61194029850746 61.2% [ 41 ]
no 0.38805970149254 38.8% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
< 1 2

Greedy Entrepreneur

meep12345
User Image
Eh, to be honest... It was okay... At least, as long as you don't really think about how this film does not explain how or why Puss shows up in the Shrek storyline cat_sweatdrop

...Major, major continuity errors... cat_xp

BTW, the Three Diablos or whatever that mini-sode on the DVD is, well, an example of how some jokes (the whole cute eyes thing Puss does) are taken way, way too far to be funny, IMHO cat_rolleyes

They never once claimed that this had anything to do with the Shrek movies. They wanted to give Puss in Boots his own movie because so many people liked him. You're supposed to see it as a seperate story line from Shrek entirely (which is hard to do considering).
As for the overused jokes, I completely agree with you on that basis. The three kittens aren't that cute in my opinion. More annoying if anything.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The Eds
meep12345
User Image
Eh, to be honest... It was okay... At least, as long as you don't really think about how this film does not explain how or why Puss shows up in the Shrek storyline cat_sweatdrop

...Major, major continuity errors... cat_xp

BTW, the Three Diablos or whatever that mini-sode on the DVD is, well, an example of how some jokes (the whole cute eyes thing Puss does) are taken way, way too far to be funny, IMHO cat_rolleyes

They never once claimed that this had anything to do with the Shrek movies. They wanted to give Puss in Boots his own movie because so many people liked him. You're supposed to see it as a seperate story line from Shrek entirely (which is hard to do considering).
User Image

Actually, the movie is suppose to be a prequel (although sometimes argued to be a midquel) to the events of Shrek 2 (see the Shrek wiki as well as wikipedia, but you could probably just google this if you're really so inclined). In addition, I have yet to read anything that suggests Puss in Boots was supposed to be un/non-canonical to the Shrek series cat_rolleyes
If you had said evidence, please provide it cat_3nodding

The Eds
As for the overused jokes, I completely agree with you on that basis. The three kittens aren't that cute in my opinion. More annoying if anything.

Eh, I expected better too... I really did... cat_neutral

Grand_Kai88's Datemate

Magical Pumpkin

22,190 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Two things:

"Hi little plant!"
BOOM

"I was always there . . ."

That is all
Btw did he watch puss and the white cat get it on at the beginning of the movie?! XD

emotion_bigheart

5,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
UndoneAndWanting
Have you seen Puss in Boots? was it good?

my kids and i rented it. i was REALLY disappointed. puss didnt have the same voice as usual. that in itself didnt make any of us happy. i let it play when i first rented it and my kids wouldnt even sit and watch the whole thing. when we rent movies, we get some of them for 2 day; well, i tried to get my kids to watch it many different times within those 2 days a;nd they werent having any parts of it lol. my advice; save ur money lol. have a good one.

Junior Explorer

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The story that got us laugh, first pet was the cat and this cat had the white boots.

Unforgiving Phantom

The one thing that really tickled my funny bone was that grey cat that always held its paw up to is face as he did "oooohhhhhhhh"
I didn't like the whole....humpty dumpty crap though :/ other then that its was ok.

Chii_Chan16's Husband

Timid Loiterer

Koduka
The one thing that really tickled my funny bone was that grey cat that always held its paw up to is face as he did "oooohhhhhhhh"

I found that the only funny thing in the movie.
I didn't like the rest of it though...

9,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
My son and I really enjoyed the movie. It was very entertaining.
I saw Puss In Boots on 11/11/11 for a first date. Missed my wish... >_< Awesome movie. biggrin

3,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
no have not

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
I want to see it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I liked the other Shrek movies, and I like Puss, so we'll see. It may suffer from Pirates of the Caribbean syndrome, but I don't know.
it was pretty good i have 4 kids and half of them liked it.

Swashbuckling Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ah, I haven't seen it yet! crying I'll have to try though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff