Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you don't want to ruin you're preppy perception on nursery princess and whatnot, stop reading at this point.

On this millennium, Disney showed us how beautiful fairy tales can be. but frankly, they're not perfect. AT ALL.

like Pied Piper who drowned all the kids instead of returning them.

Cinderella, whose stepsisters cut-off their feet in order to fit the slippers

Rumplestiltskin rip off his limbs to death instead of running away

Sleeping Beauty was raped by her father and had 2 kids

And Snow White was dead after all, although the prince came... to have :do want: moments with her corpse

sources:

sources
others...
igermanfreak
If you don't want to ruin you're preppy perception on nursery princess and whatnot, stop reading at this point.

On this millennium, Disney showed us how beautiful fairy tales can be. but frankly, they're not perfect. AT ALL.

And Snow White was dead after all, although the prince came... to have :do want: moments with her corpse

sources:

sources
others...

Depends upon your sources. The Grimm version of Cinderella is as you described, but Charles Perrault's version is more similar to what Disney had. As Disney did adapt their movie based on his version.

I've read the Sleeping Beauty (Briar Rose) version of Grimm and it wasn't her father that raped her. In many of the version I've read the entire castle is put under the spell as well. It was a prince that had sex with her because of her beauty and she had twins. One of the twins got hungry and sucked on her finger, which dislodged the object (I believe it was flax), and allowed her to wake up.

The prince in the Grimm's version wanted the glass coffin. He offered to take the entire thing (princess and all) to have that glass coffin. When the dwarves moved the coffin the apple was dislodged from Snow White's throat and she magically awoke. Though I do remember she was younger than teenager in the Grimm's version...

Partying Millionaire

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
FallenSin
igermanfreak

sources:

sources
others...

Depends upon your sources. The Grimm version of Cinderella is as you described, but Charles Perrault's version is more similar to what Disney had. As Disney did adapt their movie based on his version.

I've read the Sleeping Beauty (Briar Rose) version of Grimm and it wasn't her father that raped her. In many of the version I've read the entire castle is put under the spell as well. It was a prince that had sex with her because of her beauty and she had twins. One of the twins got hungry and sucked on her finger, which dislodged the object (I believe it was flax), and allowed her to wake up.

The prince in the Grimm's version wanted the glass coffin. He offered to take the entire thing (princess and all) to have that glass coffin. When the dwarves moved the coffin the apple was dislodged from Snow White's throat and she magically awoke. Though I do remember she was younger than teenager in the Grimm's version...

I'm pleased to meet another fan of the original Grimm fairytales. Too many people read the watered down versions

NotxTodayxSatan's Husband

Anxious Avenger

Fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm were faR from having happy endings thats for sure...

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
Brothers Grimm

Up in the top of my "favorite authors list" Next to Edgar Allan Poe and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ^^
some of that things that you said are true , but some disney movies had a teaching wink

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
You left out the part in Snow White where when they found out her evil stepmother tried to kill her they made her put on shoes made of white-hot iron and dance until she fell down dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff