Welcome to Gaia! ::

Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed
East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin

Beauty and the Beast has nothing on that story. NOTHING.

I'm also fond of Ancient Egyptian mythos, like the story of how the other gods got one of the goddesses to stop killing mortals by getting her drunk, and that's the reason ancient Egyptians had a wine festival every year. Good stuff, good stuff.
Thoth did a great job of tricking Sekhmet xd
I love the story furball emotion_bigheart

Perfect Shapeshifter

I'm looking for obscure fairy tales, myths and folk lore. Does anyone here have a book or website that they know of that I could find that in?

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I don't know maybe they'll make some smile
this sounds koolbeans
Ryu HItendra
I'm looking for obscure fairy tales, myths and folk lore. Does anyone here have a book or website that they know of that I could find that in?

try googling it u should come up with something

Codebreaking Investigator

Kelesrael
Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed
East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin

Beauty and the Beast has nothing on that story. NOTHING.

I'm also fond of Ancient Egyptian mythos, like the story of how the other gods got one of the goddesses to stop killing mortals by getting her drunk, and that's the reason ancient Egyptians had a wine festival every year. Good stuff, good stuff.
Thoth did a great job of tricking Sekhmet xd

If I could tip you until you drowned in my love, I would. <3

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I still remember the old Brothers Grimm book I had that showed Rose Red and Snow white rescuing a dwarf from an eagle by grabbing on to his beard.

Got to say that one is weird.

Love also The Boy Who Learned Fear, or whatever the proper name of it was.

Oddly enough I seem to remember some of the odder fairy tale actually being done in short cartoons by Disney. They were really old ones though, like 80s or early 90s. And of course Disneyfied.

Fanatical Man-Lover

22,575 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
me and my friend made a story, (idk if it counts) about chaos and tranquility falling in love. their realms were natural enemies, and instead of dying like romeo and juliet, they became gods and ruled over the worlds together. chaos cheated with a young mortal,(he was like 15 XD) and tranquility actually upset balance by killing him. realizing what he did, he stripped the powers of chaos and himself, and threw them into the lives or regular mortals. chaos became a poweful witch for her lust of power, and tranquility became a preist. (sorry for the crappy recap) XD (this was for a romeo and juliet assignment from freshmen year)

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
E.Beth
I still remember the old Brothers Grimm book I had that showed Rose Red and Snow white rescuing a dwarf from an eagle by grabbing on to his beard.

Got to say that one is weird.

exclaim I had a picture book of that story when I was little! I'd forgotten all about it!
The Three Little Men in the Woods is a favorite of mine. For some reason I like the notion of strawberries in the snow.

Sparkly Prophet

Ryu HItendra

Do you have a Kindle? If you do, you could get the free version of Grimm's fairy tales. The translation is very good, and many of the tales aren't well known. You can also find Charles Perrault's fairy tales and Andrew Lang's Fairy Books free on the Kindle. You can probably find all of these books other places on the internet, if you don't use a Kindle, but I don't have a link or anything.

As for my favorite, I also like The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

Kawaii Shoujo

eowyn celeste
boyamiconfuzed
Yanno the ones Disney hasn't made movies of and that are so weird they probably never will?

What are some of your favorites? Share the really weird ones!

My favorites are probably The Twelve Dancing Princesses, The Pied Piper and East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin
barbie did the twelve dancing princesses and i think i heard of east of the sun not sure though. i really like the original stories from Disney the ones that had to be edited for children (ex. Cinderella the step sisters actually cut off their toes and heels to try and fit the slipper.) i am also enjoying seeing our child hood stories being turned into more adult Gothic ones (ex. snow white and the huntsmen, red ridding hood)
Snow White and the Huntsman... I am so planning on going to see this movie, will you?

Kawaii Shoujo

I guess I am gonna have to say Diamonds and Toads since it involves child abuse, and another I remember reading in my school's library called Curly Locks and Golden Tresses since it involves cannibalism.

Gaian

11,225 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
The Juniper Tree.

I'd like to see Disney turning that into some fairy tale cartoon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff