Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Yanno the ones Disney hasn't made movies of and that are so weird they probably never will?

What are some of your favorites? Share the really weird ones!

My favorites are probably The Twelve Dancing Princesses, The Pied Piper and East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin

Codebreaking Investigator

boyamiconfuzed
East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin

Beauty and the Beast has nothing on that story. NOTHING.

I'm also fond of Ancient Egyptian mythos, like the story of how the other gods got one of the goddesses to stop killing mortals by getting her drunk, and that's the reason ancient Egyptians had a wine festival every year. Good stuff, good stuff.

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I've a soft spot for The Twa Sisters (which has so many other names it's not even funny). It's the one about the singing harp strung with hair.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed

I'm also fond of Ancient Egyptian mythos, like the story of how the other gods got one of the goddesses to stop killing mortals by getting her drunk, and that's the reason ancient Egyptians had a wine festival every year. Good stuff, good stuff.

I know right? Beauty had it easy.

Aw man Egyptian mythology is fun. biggrin I'm rather fond of Norse mythology too, they're both delightfully weird.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Seeky
I've a soft spot for The Twa Sisters (which has so many other names it's not even funny). It's the one about the singing harp strung with hair.

Ooo that sounds like a fun one, I'll have to find a version.
Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed

Tell me what it's about I've never really heard of these... sadly.. and I CALL MYSELF A LITERATURE LOVER! I am shamed.
boyamiconfuzed
Yanno the ones Disney hasn't made movies of and that are so weird they probably never will?

My favorites are probably The Twelve Dancing Princesses, The Pied Piper and East of the Sun and West of the Moon. biggrin
barbie did the twelve dancing princesses and i think i heard of east of the sun not sure though. i really like the original stories from Disney the ones that had to be edited for children (ex. Cinderella the step sisters actually cut off their toes and heels to try and fit the slipper.) i am also enjoying seeing our child hood stories being turned into more adult Gothic ones (ex. snow white and the huntsmen, red ridding hood)
How Sun, Moon, and Wind went out to Dinner is definitely one of my favorites (even though I tend to view the Sun as Feminine and the Moon as Masculine, it's still a lovely story).

The Twelve Months is another favorite.
I also haven't heard some of these, redface
Thank you for sharing, I'll be sure to look into them. : )

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Sneaker Pimps
Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed

Tell me what it's about I've never really heard of these... sadly.. and I CALL MYSELF A LITERATURE LOVER! I am shamed.

It's too complicated to summarize accurately but there are plenty of versions online.

4,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
boyamiconfuzed

I love The Twelve Dancing Princesses emotion_kirakira
boyamiconfuzed
Sneaker Pimps
Waaurufu Private Eye
boyamiconfuzed

It's too complicated to summarize accurately but there are plenty of versions online.
Okay thanks, where is a good place to look online, any site suggestions?
I've read the whole Brother's Grimm anthology, and in all honesty, it's hard to pick a favorite. I loved them all.

Beloved Garbage

24,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
blackhayete13
I've read the whole Brother's Grimm anthology, and in all honesty, it's hard to pick a favorite. I loved them all.

I love the dragon thing in your sig.

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

Two of my favorite fairy tales are Tam Lin and Donkeyskin. I also like Donkey Cabbages. None of them will EVER be remade by Disney. Tam Lin involves a pregnant teenager, Donkeyskin involves incest, and Donkey Cabbages has the hero take revenge on the "heroine."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff