12,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
EthelbertOddity
Angel Feline
EthelbertOddity
Yumiki G
My sister likes this show very much. For me it its kind of boring. I gave it up after watching four episodes. It is like a mixture of all the shows around and some of the stories are similar to Bufffy. I may give it a try some time later when I have nothing else to watch. Although my favorite character is Kenzi.

And has anybody realized Dyson looks way too much like Chris Martin from the band Coldplay.

burning_eyes When I first saw it, the show,
I was like Hay that's the guy from
the newest Underworld. ahahaha

Though I have seen the similarities.. hahaha
He is in the new Underworld!

burning_eyes Yeah you didn't know, he was the main
huge a** werewolf.. hahaha

I haven't actually seen it. I want to but seeing movies is not something I can do very often.
Trigger Knight Navarre
I love this show! It's a great spin on folklore. It reminds me of the series Charmed. My favorite character thus far is Kenzi (Ksenia Solo). Her eyes are memorizing not to mention her character is just fun.

burning_eyes yeah if I find a real female like her, she's going to be my wife and mother to my evil spawn.. hahaha

I loved Charmed, the theme song rock's..
Angel Feline
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes Wowwwww just saw the latest lost girl.
does that mean that the bar owner(Trick) is also the Blood King??

bit confused now?? hahaha
Owwwwww my poor
Kenzi get hurt...

Biting my tongue so hard I think it might come off. It is odd knowing that I am almost an entire season ahead of everyone else in this thread.

burning_eyes Somewhat I've been watching
it here and there online, and saw the end of this season,
and some of the next, so trust me I understand your..
pain as it where.. hahaha
Angel Feline
EthelbertOddity
Angel Feline
EthelbertOddity
Yumiki G
My sister likes this show very much. For me it its kind of boring. I gave it up after watching four episodes. It is like a mixture of all the shows around and some of the stories are similar to Bufffy. I may give it a try some time later when I have nothing else to watch. Although my favorite character is Kenzi.

And has anybody realized Dyson looks way too much like Chris Martin from the band Coldplay.

burning_eyes When I first saw it, the show,
I was like Hay that's the guy from
the newest Underworld. ahahaha

Though I have seen the similarities.. hahaha
He is in the new Underworld!

burning_eyes Yeah you didn't know, he was the main
huge a** werewolf.. hahaha

I haven't actually seen it. I want to but seeing movies is not something I can do very often.

burning_eyes Nor can I, with the prices and then
almost every things in 3d.. I just watch from streaming websites...
I'm broke like that hahahha
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes LOST GIRL
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lost Girl follows supernatural seductress Bo (Anna Silk),
a Succubus who feeds on the sexual energy (sometimes called “Chi”) of humans.

Growing up with human parents, Bo has no reason to believe she's anything other than the girl next door – until she drains her boyfriend to death in their first sexual encounter.

Once she hits the road, Bo discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend and folklore, who pass as humans while feeding off them secretly, as they have for millennia. Relieved yet horrified to find out that she is not alone, Bo is faced with choosing an allegiance between the Dark and Light Fae clans. Bo decides to take the middle path between the humans and the Fae while embarking on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

Alrighty this is a great great show.. at lest to me and it came out in 2010 in Canada and there already doing there 3rd season there, it just came out this in in the USA on the SciFi/SyFy network..

If you give it a try I think you can really enjoy this show, and learn a lot more about Fae or Fairy Tale creatures.. though the main character is a Succubus meaning loads of sexual type matter so get your parents permission if your underage in your household/ country..

I'm sorry too have to be the one to burst your bubble, but a succubus is a demon, not a Fae. There is a sort of Celtic equivalent to a succubus, called a Gahn ca nah, ( sorry, that may be misspelled.) But syi fy should really get their facts straight before making a show.

And before anyone wants to be rude and tell me I don't know what I am talking about, just know, I am currently working on my masters of Celtic studies with a concentration in mythology at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. =] And so far, I've never come across a succubus being called a fae.
Your Queenie of Hearts
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes LOST GIRL

Growing up with human parents, Bo has no reason to believe she's anything other than the girl next door – until she drains her boyfriend to death in their first sexual encounter.

Once she hits the road, Bo discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend and folklore, who pass as humans while feeding off them secretly, as they have for millennia. Relieved yet horrified to find out that she is not alone, Bo is faced with choosing an allegiance between the Dark and Light Fae clans. Bo decides to take the middle path between the humans and the Fae while embarking on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

Alrighty this is a great great show.. at lest to me and it came out in 2010 in Canada and there already doing there 3rd season there, it just came out this in in the USA on the SciFi/SyFy network..

If you give it a try I think you can really enjoy this show, and learn a lot more about Fae or Fairy Tale creatures.. though the main character is a Succubus meaning loads of sexual type matter so get your parents permission if your underage in your household/ country..

I'm sorry too have to be the one to burst your bubble, but a succubus is a demon, not a Fae. There is a sort of Celtic equivalent to a succubus, called a Gahn ca nah, ( sorry, that may be misspelled.) But syi fy should really get their facts straight before making a show.

And before anyone wants to be rude and tell me I don't know what I am talking about, just know, I am currently working on my masters of Celtic studies with a concentration in mythology at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. =] And so far, I've never come across a succubus being called a fae.

Oh, and that also goes for an incubus. Again, demon. Werewolf isn't fae, its a characteristic of its own. there are fae who can shapeshift, though. Vampires are undead. I forget what other ones you had listed....damn....

Moonlight Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Your Queenie of Hearts
Your Queenie of Hearts
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes LOST GIRL

Oh, and that also goes for an incubus. Again, demon. Werewolf isn't fae, its a characteristic of its own. there are fae who can shapeshift, though. Vampires are undead. I forget what other ones you had listed....damn....

I am going to simply point out that SyFy did not make the show, Showcase in Canada did. For the series (which does not follow traditional or accepted mythos) any creature that is not Human is considered Fae for the series. This is a fictional show and they took names of mythical creatures but have put their own spin on them. I am aware that many of the creatures in the show are not traditionally part of the fae (Sirens, werewolves, muses, basilisks, the headless horseman to name a few), however this is a fictional show and artistic lisence has been given to the writers and creators of the show.
Angel Feline
Your Queenie of Hearts
Your Queenie of Hearts
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes LOST GIRL

I am going to simply point out that SyFy did not make the show, Showcase in Canada did. For the series (which does not follow traditional or accepted mythos) any creature that is not Human is considered Fae for the series. This is a fictional show and they took names of mythical creatures but have put their own spin on them. I am aware that many of the creatures in the show are not traditionally part of the fae (Sirens, werewolves, muses, basilisks, the headless horseman to name a few), however this is a fictional show and artistic lisence has been given to the writers and creators of the show.

Sirens, actually are fae. I don't know, it may not matter to you, and I am all for creative licence, my B.A. being in English with a creative writing minor, but to me I guess I find it insulting. Like they are butchering facts. Plus, add the extra insult that people who are not as well educated as yourself are going to be running around thinking that the show is fact, and that werewolves and what not are indeed fae. I find this idea quite upsetting.
Your Queenie of Hearts
Angel Feline
Your Queenie of Hearts
Your Queenie of Hearts
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes LOST GIRL

Sirens, actually are fae. I don't know, it may not matter to you, and I am all for creative licence, my B.A. being in English with a creative writing minor, but to me I guess I find it insulting. Like they are butchering facts. Plus, add the extra insult that people who are not as well educated as yourself are going to be running around thinking that the show is fact, and that werewolves and what not are indeed fae. I find this idea quite upsetting.

burning_eyes
Wow not sure if it's because I'm sleepy or what
but I have no ideal why you'd even, bring those things up

when in the very topic/thread start, it clearly states that
this is a Show, that came out in Canada two years ago,
I also stated in said topic start... as well as I believe
they used the word Fae to mean ie Fairy Tale creatures..

Then in the very next post I post the type of Fae
that we have seen in the show thus far, and a clip
on some of the funny cuts from the show..

No where in any of these post from myself or others
did we saw this is your typical take on creatures.. no we
only say these are the ones the show's showed us...

It really just makes me think you, either did read everything
or just wanted to start a fight or argument of some sort..
I really hope it was just some type of misunderstanding..

Otherworldly Muse

19,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Angel Feline
Sada-chan4
any idea where i could find ep 1?
It depends where you are.

im in NY that help?

Moonlight Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Sada-chan4
Angel Feline
Sada-chan4
any idea where i could find ep 1?
It depends where you are.

im in NY that help?
A little, try a site like tv-links.eu . If you were in Canada I was going to suggest the showcase.ca website however if I am correct it will only allow those in Canada to view the videos.

rhapsody of armageddon's Significant Otter

Desirable Lunatic

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER! I so addicted to it, it's the only thing that brings me happiness these days heart

Also, yes showcase will only let Canadian residents watch Lost Girl on their website (pretty shitty if you ask me). I'd try tvgaze.com. That's where I watched most of the seasons episodes. It's a little glitchy, and sometimes random music plays on the page..which I can't figure out where it comes from, but most of the time they play the episodes well. I have a mac though, so I'm not really worried about picking up viruses.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I love this show. Kenzi is my favorite. She's so adorable and sassy and her outfits are to die for. Bo is awesome and I love her outfits. Dyson is hot and his best friend is hilarious.

I only started watching this show cause I found out it was fae creatures and I immediately jumped in. Worth every minute of my time. 4laugh

rhapsody of armageddon's Significant Otter

Desirable Lunatic

norakun91
I love this show. Kenzi is my favorite. She's so adorable and sassy and her outfits are to die for. Bo is awesome and I love her outfits. Dyson is hot and his best friend is hilarious.

I only started watching this show cause I found out it was fae creatures and I immediately jumped in. Worth every minute of my time. 4laugh

Agreed! Dyson is so smexy ninja And omg Kenzie is my favorite too!! I yearn to be her, and have her ridiculously awesome fashion sense emotion_dealwithit I think Kenzie and Hale should be together! Hale is always so taken aback by Kenzie, I love it mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff