Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lover

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So Everyone which is your favorite version of Little Red Ridding hood , come here to discuss your favorite version and share your own Interpretations of this fairy tale .

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
The version from Sandman was pretty dark... I like that one.

Though I suppose my favorite is the one where the grandma is eaten for certain, but the girl is saved. So the girl gets to live, but she at least suffers the knowledge that her incompetence cost her grandmother her life.
There's a book called 'Sisters Red' by Jackson Pearce. The theme of girls wearing red and wolves and a grandma in a cottage are involved. Has to be my favourite ^^
There are so many different versions of the story available. I'd say my favorite version is the Grimm version of Little Red Riding Hood. Though I do like the version (can't remember a specific author) where Little Red Riding Hood and Granny both die, there is no woodsman to save them. It does teach people a lesson, don't let strangers in your house.

Interesting Shapeshifter

5,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
The making of little red riding hood came from Brothers Grimm and its called The red cap weird huh? but now-a-days their making the fairy tale scary again and not all kiddish lol

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Just about any version that wasn't that recent movie or that really short story where she is packing a gun.

The kiddy version, the pg-13 version with the hunter, the one without the hunter and granny dies. Where they both die. Modern tales were Red is psycho, Red is crazy and the wolf is her pet/friend or a figment of her imagination, the Path game, Red is a clever girl who entraps ***** and makes them confess and commit suicide out of guilt. I rather like the story and the many variations of it as long as it doesn't get too melodramatic.

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
My favorite "fractured" version would have to be the film Freeway starring Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland. Rather twisted and funny.
I always imagined Red Riding Hood as this little child who doesn't know any better so meeting a wolf isn't such a big deal and stuff and the wolf is a deciever type of character (like the wolfand3pigs) and he tricks her and maybe feels some small type of affection torwards her but isn't going to change for a girl like 99.9%%% of all characters and he eats her and big horrific gorey scene and tragedy and whatnot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7wN8mj94s
i know i will receive hate for this, and people will think im uneducated about a million other different versions. But I do like what Once Upon A Time Did. And make Red the Wolf. Also Granny is so awesome in the show.
I actually liked how Carol Anne Duffy referred to herself as little red riding hood and spoke of the wolf as her first and only sexual experience with an older man.

Though I do like Grimm's version of events.
she is sooo lame she thinks that she is soo cute walking through the woulds looking all cute but she is just a snack for the wolf evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream
the Brothers Grimm version of it is my favorite, but the movie that came out of it last year was pretty good too, even if it did have werewolves in it

3,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Beloved Bloodsucker

20,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My fav is Red Riding Hood directed by Catherine Harwick....it gives this fairytale a dark twist.

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
I've always been a little creeped out and fascinated by Little Red Riding Hood. I, mean, there are some creepy versions where Grandma gets eaten and not cut out of the wolf in rescued, an older French version I read once where I think it implied the wolf molested poor little Red, and so on. Anyways, I really like Red/Ruby on Once Upon a Time, and I'm trying to dress my avatar as her in FTL. I'd appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff