Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Why would anyone go up a hill for water when water travels downhill…unless this really isn’t a tale of liquid refreshment and unsure footing. One common interpretation is that it’s about the beheading of King Louis XVI (“lost his crown”) and his queen Marie Antoinette (“who came tumbling after”) during the French Revolution. But the small town of Kilmersdon, England proudly claims (to the point they make it a tourist attraction) that the poem is about a couple in 1697 who used to sneak up the hill for some alone time (making “fetch a pail of water” one of the more disturbing euphemisms for “sex”). The story goes that the woman got pregnant, the man died from a falling rock, and then the woman died in childbirth, thus resulting in one of the most depressing nursery rhymes ever since “I Shot Little Jack Horner Just to Watch Him Die.”

Oracle Pidgey's Significant Otter

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
wow. is this really true? o;

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

every word of it.

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

every word of it.

see i believe you but on the other hand i don't. i see how this can be true. it actually makes sense now that i'm thinking about it. that's pretty cool actually.

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

every word of it.

see i believe you but on the other hand i don't. i see how this can be true. it actually makes sense now that i'm thinking about it. that's pretty cool actually.

i have other one's Humpty Dumpty and Ring around the rosie.

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
i know the story behind ring around the rosie, about a plague. and the humpty dumpty one is about a fall of a empire or ruler right?

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
i know the story behind ring around the rosie, about a plague. and the humpty dumpty one is about a fall of a empire or ruler right?

quick reading of the rhyme above shows at no point does it ever mention that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. Some believe that’s because “humpty dumpty” was actually a new type of cannon used in the English Civil War, only to shatter when first lit. Others, however, believe the term refers to a type of brandy or a clumsy person, which together gives you “fall down drunk.” Of course, the fact that horses would be called upon to solder a military weapon back together or perform surgery on a problem drinker’s shattered spine tells us all we really need to know about Old England’s vocational and medical schools’ lax admissions polici

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

quick reading of the rhyme above shows at no point does it ever mention that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. Some believe that’s because “humpty dumpty” was actually a new type of cannon used in the English Civil War, only to shatter when first lit. Others, however, believe the term refers to a type of brandy or a clumsy person, which together gives you “fall down drunk.” Of course, the fact that horses would be called upon to solder a military weapon back together or perform surgery on a problem drinker’s shattered spine tells us all we really need to know about Old England’s vocational and medical schools’ lax admissions polici

so i was right on about the ring around the rosie one right? and i knew the part where it never actually mentions he is a egg. they only portrayed him as a egg since the whole shattering when falling off a wall thing. but that's cool you actually know that. i never heard about it about the drunk thing.

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

so i was right on about the ring around the rosie one right? and i knew the part where it never actually mentions he is a egg. they only portrayed him as a egg since the whole shattering when falling off a wall thing. but that's cool you actually know that. i never heard about it about the drunk thing.

yeah there are some really creepy ones to. and the true message of rock a bye baby stares you right in the face.
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

every word of it.

i think most people know about ring around the rosie(the plague), but tell me more about humpty dumpty

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Lexi_Claire
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

every word of it.

i think most people know about ring around the rosie(the plague), but tell me more about humpty dumpty

quick reading of the rhyme above shows at no point does it ever mention that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. Some believe that’s because “humpty dumpty” was actually a new type of cannon used in the English Civil War, only to shatter when first lit. Others, however, believe the term refers to a type of brandy or a clumsy person, which together gives you “fall down drunk.” Of course, the fact that horses would be called upon to solder a military weapon back together or perform surgery on a problem drinker’s shattered spine tells us all we really need to know about Old England’s vocational and medical schools’ lax admissions policies

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

yeah there are some really creepy ones to. and the true message of rock a bye baby stares you right in the face.

isn't it basically a baby falling out of a tree?

Hilarious Guildsman

4,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

yep XD

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX
the study of wumbo
Xx-JustinzSxcSlavii-xX

yep XD

lolz. you have to be dumb not to see that one. x3 you got any others?
most songs like that have other meanings but its cool to find out the meaning of this one

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff