Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this forum. Has anyone seen it? Last semester in my Dramatic Lit class we read the script and watched a recording of a fantastic production of it and I'm completely in love. The script was enchanting and I had to fight the urge to read ahead. I actually felt legitimately sad for everyone at some point or another in Act 2... I'd have to say my favourite character might be the Witch, mostly because she's the only one seeing reason and logic.

Thoughts? C:

( Also, in our reading, I was Cinderella's Prince and I was awesome and hammy and masculine. People were surprised that such a masculine voice could come from a squeaky-voiced dame like me... let's just say I summoned my inner Captain Hammer. Our reading was also kind of funny because the only person that didn't once have to be cued was the Mysterious Man, who managed to silently change seats between scenes without the rest of us realizing! )
My highschool did that the year before I went there. It was so awesome! I laughed, I cried, I laughed so hard I cried. It was the best.
And then the next year, we did Sweeney Todd. I loved my drama directors heart

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
My favorite part is when the characters sacrifice the narrator. I don't understand how there isn't a film version yet...

6,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I love Into the Woods. sang the music in high school and love watching the broadway performance.

Hopeful Girl

YES! ALL MY YES! mrgreen I love, LOVE this play! I watched with Bernadette Peters (SPOILER! In this version of the play, she was the Witch who stowed away Rapunzel) Gosh I love her! 4laugh My high school did it also, Granted, I had already graduated and I ended up singing along to the majority of the songs! xd My favourite story is the Baker and his wife. emotion_awesome

Moonlight Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My high school also did it. I was Jack's Mother.

Angel cora's Significant Otter

Romantic Hunter

I've seen the play on TV its got an odd (yet great) plot and charicters yum_puddi

My favoret song is Last Midnight (prefurebly sung by Ms.Bernadet Petters -I didn't spell that right redface )

Conservative Survivor

Bernadette Peters was great in it - as she is in most things.

Hopeful Girl

pandarosebud
I've seen the play on TV its got an odd (yet great) plot and charicters yum_puddi

My favoret song is Last Midnight (prefurebly sung by Ms.Bernadet Petters -I didn't spell that right redface )
Bernadette Peters. 3nodding But, this one?

Truthful Seeker

One of my favorite shows, seriously XD

Hopeful Girl

Hajimeilosukna
Play, but I get you. 3nodding

Truthful Seeker

Odd Cinderella
Hajimeilosukna

Sorry XD;
I call them shows when its like a musical/Broadway show. I always think of plays as the non-musical stage shows. Like Shakespeare ^w^;;

Hopeful Girl

Hajimeilosukna
Odd Cinderella
Hajimeilosukna

Sorry XD;
I call them shows when its like a musical/Broadway show. I always think of plays as the non-musical stage shows. Like Shakespeare ^w^;;
Oh then, I stand corrected. It is a musical. 3nodding

Truthful Seeker

Odd Cinderella

Yes, musicals for everyone 8D
*starts humming title song*

What's your fave song btw? I think mine is actually the Witches' Lament, though its hard to pick for sure. Its in my top three though XD;

Hopeful Girl

Hajimeilosukna
Odd Cinderella

Yes, musicals for everyone 8D
*starts humming title song*

What's your fave song btw? I think mine is actually the Witches' Lament, though its hard to pick for sure. Its in my top three though XD;
Children will Listen. 3nodding I always seem to find my way singing that song. And the original Title song. 3nodding My favourite story, as I mentioned above is the Baker and his wife. I also like the baker's wife after the prince kissing her. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff