Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
What would it be?

I wanna see "The Red Shoes" or something dark like that. Ooh, or maybe "The Three Golden Hairs". For comedy, I'd recommend "Seven in One Blow".

Any other thoughts? Enthusiasts and dabblers alike are welcome to share their ideas.
I love the story of The Red Shoes. There's a Korean horror film based on it, that I watched only because I liked the fairy tale so much. The movie was awful.

I would love to see a modernized Thumbelina. I wonder how that would go.

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The original True story "Pied Piper", instead of leading mice out the town he was leading children to their doom. It could be like the goonies, but darker.

Shadowy Bilge rat

I think Rapunzel would be interesting to see modernized.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
I'd like to see Little Red Riding Hood modernized, in the inner-city, with a really sad ending...

Shirtless Werewolf

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
all of the original (grimm) fairy tales, and the p.o.c.'s disney comes out with.

4,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
all of the original (grimm) fairy tales, and not the stuff that disney puts out there (and tries to pass off as original)

Widow

Winter Seeker

14,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Princess and the Pea

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Pax Britannica
Princess and the Pea

Damn, I was going to say that one.

Uh... how about Rumpelstiltskin? This one is heavily underused.
hansel and gretal

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I would love if someone modernized The Juniper Tree, it's my favorite Grims tale. I've been batting around the idea of writing a short story with it for ages, but can never seem to find the time. There's a English version of the story called The Rose Tree.

At least I can find solace that Disney will never adapt it. Kinda hard to make a kids move out of a story where the step mother murders her son and turns him into stew. >.>

The story is also the source of the myth that if you bury someone's body beneath a Juniper tree they'll come back from the dead.
sagegalaxy
hansel and gretal

I don't know how modern it'll be, but they are making a movie about Hansel and Gretel.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428538/

As for me, I'd love to see Donkeyskin modernized, or just made known period. I always thought it was a fun story.

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
Mulan, maybe because of the strong heroine.

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
notmuch_23
I'd like to see Little Red Riding Hood modernized, in the inner-city, with a really sad ending...

Hmm, that sounds good...reminds me of the old Beauty and the Beast TV show that took place in modern day, I think in NYC....I'd go for a version with a kick-a** Little Red who fights off muggers and criminals, though. I don't know if I'd go for a sad ending.
i would love to see rupunsel or thumbalina or the princess and the pea. another one i liked was im not sure of the name, i think it was snow white and rose red, they were sisters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff