Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Yes I have several stories that are fantasy/ scifi based floating around. In my head that is, and when I have the urge to write about one I do.

Sparkling Treasure

13,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Wall Street 200
Does this count?

Old Mother Hubbard,
went to the cupboard,
to get her poor daughter a dress.
But when she got there,
the cupboard was bare,
and so was her daughter I guess.

xp
Actually I wrote a short fairy tale not so long ago... http://s3r3n17y.deviantart.com/art/Bedtime-Fairytale-262840918 I think the first thing you have to do, is choose a style of fairytale; there are A LOT of them out there. After that it's just a very basic/simplified novel.

Tipsy Lunatic

Not since Sophomore English.

Our teacher made us write some Arthurian type legend. Before I understood that he wanted us to do something original I started writing the Arthur legend from the perspective of Excalibur,
It was a pretty good story if I do say so myself. I could probably write it better now that I know a little more about it.

As far as fairytale type stories go I do have one in the works. About the youngest daughter out of 7 children and such. It's not finished though. And it's sort of abstract for a fairytale.

Liberal Noob

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
yupp!~

not as professional as these pro's, tho (:

i was just sorta "writing for fun" XDD
Oh yeah who doesn't think up a good fairy tale and think to themselves "Why isn't this a movie?"
Wrote one a few years back. 11 full chapters! Great feedback from readers! ....then my computer got wiped out because of a virus... emo Lost everything.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I_CamiRoo_Love_Guru_I
Oh yeah who doesn't think up a good fairy tale and think to themselves "Why isn't this a movie?"
Wrote one a few years back. 11 full chapters! Great feedback from readers! ....then my computer got wiped out because of a virus... emo Lost everything.

I feel your pain. The same goes for me, except I did not submit the work to readers for feedback. About two to three months back my computer wouldn't boot and to retrieve my data before the reboot wipes everything clean I need a docking station or an external hard drive case to retrieve what I need then start it over.

I could take it to the Geek Squad or someone like that but they quote me at $125. And I need a reboot CD that they never included with my computer which they should have but it will still cost me about $25. So I'm looking at $150 that I don't have to get back my work which I just can't restart on. That was just too much written down and I hate trying to do over what I struggled to write at first. It took too long before I was satisfied with a single chapter.

So many years of work lost in less than six hours from when I turned my computer off that night to that morning. So the moral of the story you serious writers always have a backup of your work.

Lover

thraxbaby
Once I wrote a quick story of Rapunzel and how the prince fell to his death because she didn't tell him about her hair extensions... (I know, pretty evil...) Now I'm writing a story that's a bit like a few fairy tales mixed together with a bit of a darker storyline, but I can't give too many details at the moment... sweatdrop

^Ahaha! Hair extensions! rofl
Lady Bern
I_CamiRoo_Love_Guru_I

I feel your pain. The same goes for me, except I did not submit the work to readers for feedback. About two to three months back my computer wouldn't boot and to retrieve my data before the reboot wipes everything clean I need a docking station or an external hard drive case to retrieve what I need then start it over.

I could take it to the Geek Squad or someone like that but they quote me at $125. And I need a reboot CD that they never included with my computer which they should have but it will still cost me about $25. So I'm looking at $150 that I don't have to get back my work which I just can't restart on. That was just too much written down and I hate trying to do over what I struggled to write at first. It took too long before I was satisfied with a single chapter.

So many years of work lost in less than six hours from when I turned my computer off that night to that morning. So the moral of the story you serious writers always have a backup of your work.

That's horrible! I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Same with me but in total they wanted to charge me over $200 and even though I worked so hard, I was young and didn't have the money for it. I actually considered selling my things to raise the money but it didn't happen.

It hurts me to think if I only had even made a copy of it, I could still have it here. Those little mistakes leave a scar on your mind to never let it happen again! It wasn't even the fact that I lost the story it was more so the fact that I had put so much effort, time, and soul into writing it so when it was suddenly gone it was like the air was knocked out of me.

I completely agree, serious writers always need to backup of your work. Lesson learned.

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
haha...I tried...epic fail....XD
User Image
Callie Blackwell
Has anyone tried writing their own fractured fairy tale? Or even a regular fairy tale? I'm taking a stab at it and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or anything they feel is absolutely required to write a successful fairy tale fractured or not?

i had to write a mythology explaining the placement of one of the constellations in the night sky for my astronomy class. i actually wrote how a combination of constellations were placed in the sky, and it was quite awesome. super proud of the creativity. unfortunately i don't want my ideas to be stolen, so i can't post it here for you to read/critique sad
User Image

Noob

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
Yes,but I failed.I have a wild mind,and make awesome ideas,but I don't know if it's good.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
gaia_nitemareleft I wrote a fractured fairy tale for my drama class last year. It was hysterical when we had to read our stories with funny voices, the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood is now French and ate Red because no one, including the grandma, liked her. gaia_nitemareright

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I don't think It would b a good story If I tried XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items