Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love the tales they collected. I had an English copy when I was a kid, and last semester my German professor gave me an old German copy of the full anthology. biggrin We read them fairly often for translation practice in my German classes at school.
they make me happy inside, greatest bedtime stories ever!
The Grimm's are my favorite. I have a whole illustrated collection. Of course, you can't ignore the fact that there was some pretty ******** up s**t in their stories. For instance: http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/grimm/bl-grimm-jew.htm

Friendly Millionaire

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Kiyo Doll
Has anyone read their original version of Cinderella? I like it alot better than the Disney one.

It really is I loved it, Disney ruined it like they did with peter pan, the little mermaid and everything else.

Lonely Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
shadow walker akira-son
its funny....someone once told me the grimm brother's stories where the original way the fairy tales we know were written before everything got disney-fied.
It's true

Wealthy Genius

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Yes, the Grimm fairy tales were written long before Walt Disney was even alive I believe. I don't mean to say he stole the stories from them, but...well he did and changed them, almost beyond recognition. Don't get me wrong, I, like any other kid, adored Disney moves when I was young. I just think with a mind like his he could've come up with more of his own stories rather than taking them from old, nearly forgotten ones.

3,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I love their stories. One is never too old for fairy tales. They appeal to me more than the Disney version.
There is this pretty cool books called Calling the Witch that takes the tales and makes then fold into one another-and Cinderella is a lesbian in it. O.O
And there's also a good book written by multiple authors called A Troll's Eye View that is even cooler.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff