Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shaddex's Wife

Mewling Muse

14,625 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
What are some of your guy's favorite retold fairy tales? I really enjoy Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman. I also enjoy Peter and Max by Bill Willingham. Trying to acquire more of those types of things, and would love some recommendations.

Edgy Fairy

19,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • The Edgiest 250
The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker is one I loved
The Witch's Boy by Michael Gruber
Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C Wrede is one of my faves (and most of the other Tor fairy tale series books).

As is Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley.

I have a lot of fairy tale books, original, anthology, retold, etc...
A lot of fairytale retellings that I've read were part of the "Once Upon a Time" series published by Simon Pulse and there are a lot of different authors attached. I had a friend recommend Beauty Sleep (Sleeping Beauty) and Golden (Rapunzel), both by Cameron Dokey. And I adored them!
I will warn you, they may be cheesy! I read them when I was 16 and I haven't gone back to them (22 now), but they're cheesy in a romantic, fairytale sense I think heart I also read Before Midnight (Cinderella) also by Dokey, and I also adored it (same thing tho, beware the cheesiness).

This series isn't 100% reliable; I've read some good ones, but I've read a lot of crap ones. They're very short and light. Even though I've come across a lot of bad ones, I don't regret sticking with it till I found one I enjoyed.

Btw, I would recommend The Crimson Thread (Rumpelstiltskin) by Suzanne Weyn. Idk, maybe because I was preparing myself for another disappointment from this series and the surprise that it was not made it better.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I will be honest with you, I really loved the movie Ever After because of it's approach of retelling The Little Cinder Girl.

Quotable Poster

8,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Anasui
I will be honest with you, I really loved the movie Ever After because of it's approach of retelling The Little Cinder Girl.

ditto

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Merissa Hino
What are some of your guy's favorite retold fairy tales? I really enjoy Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman. I also enjoy Peter and Max by Bill Willingham. Trying to acquire more of those types of things, and would love some recommendations.

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Dalgonlily9
The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker is one I loved
The Witch's Boy by Michael Gruber

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Ishilied
Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C Wrede is one of my faves (and most of the other Tor fairy tale series books).

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
Anasui

ditto

Greedy Genius

4,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Profitable 100
Anasui

6,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I liked the red riding hood movie. The one where her father was the wolf and in the ener her boyfrend turned ... dang I cant remember what that movie is called

Celestial Contributor

37,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
any and all classics! I love seeing them in different forms and views! heart

Moonlight Healer

9,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ishilied

Robin McKinley is great. Did you know she also did a Sleeping Beauty one?
Most people won't know this movie, but The Devil's Carnival. (It's really new and I guess many would classify it as a cult movie? Point is, it's on a road tour rather than a mass release.)

In it, three people die and go to Hell, and their sins and lifestyles are basically portrayed as adaptions of Aesop's Fables. For example, one person, a thief blinded by greed, is compared to the dog in The Dog and It's Reflection.

It's really hard to explain but it's really good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff