Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
Has anyone read or tried Fables at all? I remember back a bit ago, maybe 2009 or 2010, when ABC optioned Fables to become a TV show. The deal panned, and then the writers of Lost opted to make Once Upon a Time instead.

I haven't read past the 15th trade, but I'm completely in love with this series, and I've been reading it for about 4 years now. I recently got my boyfriend into it, and he's been borrowing all of my trades. He is HOOKED.

How about anyone else? Do you enjoy the escapades of Bigby, Snow, Pinocchio, Boy Blue, and Jack, too?

If you have not, I highly recommend this comic.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Haha, just looked it up. It looks pretty intresting!

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
stefan1921

It's very good. I've not been unhappy with who turns into who in the series.

I don't really enjoy its spinoff, Jack of Fables (mostly because Jack isn't a strong enough character to carry his own series), but if you're into American folktales, you might enjoy that one.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Poisonivyism
stefan1921

It's very good. I've not been unhappy with who turns into who in the series.

I don't really enjoy its spinoff, Jack of Fables (mostly because Jack isn't a strong enough character to carry his own series), but if you're into American folktales, you might enjoy that one.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. I enjoy comics when I can, but I don't live by any of those great old comic stores, and the massive Barnes and Noble store closed like a year ago, so the reading part of my life has been pretty weak, except Pride and Predigice, for L.A. class (it sucks).

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
stefan1921
Alright, I'll take your word for it. I enjoy comics when I can, but I don't live by any of those great old comic stores, and the massive Barnes and Noble store closed like a year ago, so the reading part of my life has been pretty weak, except Pride and Predigice, for L.A. class (it sucks).

You can easily find it on Amazon, and it's usually cheaper than the price at B&N, anyway.
This series is really good. I enjoy it!

Anxious Millionaire

Somehow never heard of this before, but it looks like exactly my kind of thing.

Thanks! smile
I like fables. heart

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Got the comics up until the end of the....big conflict. Kinda fell off after that though.

Seriously, they needed to make Fables. Not the pale imitation that is Once Upon a Time.

5,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
i am reading Aesops Fables! I even wrote a few. They're so strange, and harsh, someone always dies, or gets tricked in some way. Some of them dont make any sense though and i can seem to figure out what the moral is to be.

5,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
wait, i dont think we are on the same page...is it a series or something?

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
poptart_princess11
wait, i dont think we are on the same page...is it a series or something?

Comic series.

User Image

Here's a clip of a conversation in book 1 between Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio:

User Image

kittensdaddys's Partner

Married Husband

6,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Voter 100
I have a book of fables my favorite one is the Kangroo and his father

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
This is not about Aesop's Fables. This thread is about Bill Willingham's Fables.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff