Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think happy endings are over-rated?

Yes 0.27237354085603 27.2% [ 70 ]
No 0.3579766536965 35.8% [ 92 ]
Kinda.... 0.36964980544747 37.0% [ 95 ]
Total Votes:[ 257 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

4,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Autobiographer 200
How are they over-rated? :<

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ryan Craigos Love
How are they over-rated? :<

Alot of them etc
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
I Electra I
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
I love happy endings. You never hear about any real life happy endings. So why would you hate on a fairytale one.

Because they are all the same "they live happily ever after"
There is no climax to be honest
I do not mind happy endings but there are too many
Maybe if the endings were different.

There are plenty of not happy endings. And the climax comes before the ending.
Not to mention. Fairy tales are meant for children mostly. Just like old school nursery rhymes. They are handed down. And who wants to end a story with a sad/angry/ gruesome ending. Its kind of like "whats the point".

I dunno, the Brother Grimms version of Cinderella was pretty gruesome. They cut off bits of their feet trying to fit in that shoe...

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Kijaera
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
I Electra I
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick
I love happy endings. You never hear about any real life happy endings. So why would you hate on a fairytale one.

Because they are all the same "they live happily ever after"
There is no climax to be honest
I do not mind happy endings but there are too many
Maybe if the endings were different.

There are plenty of not happy endings. And the climax comes before the ending.
Not to mention. Fairy tales are meant for children mostly. Just like old school nursery rhymes. They are handed down. And who wants to end a story with a sad/angry/ gruesome ending. Its kind of like "whats the point".

I dunno, the Brother Grimms version of Cinderella was pretty gruesome. They cut off bits of their feet trying to fit in that shoe...

A bit desperate o_o

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
I Electra I
Kijaera

A bit desperate o_o

By the way, notice how in the Grimm's version the Prince is told by the birds he has to look inside the shoe, while in the more known version Cinderella is wearing a glass slipper?

That's because when the story was translated into French and eventually retold by Perrault, the words for squirrel fur/leather (vair) and glass (verre) are homophones: they sound exactly the same.

That's right, the shoes were very fine leather, so the blood wasn't showing. He had to "turn and peep" to see one stepsister had cut off her heel and the other stepsister had cut off her toe.

A glass slipper makes the self-mutilation unnecessary so that was left out in the modern versions.

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Gigi Deveraux
I Electra I
Kijaera

A bit desperate o_o

By the way, notice how in the Grimm's version the Prince is told by the birds he has to look inside the shoe, while in the more known version Cinderella is wearing a glass slipper?

That's because when the story was translated into French and eventually retold by Perrault, the words for squirrel fur/leather (vair) and glass (verre) are homophones: they sound exactly the same.

That's right, the shoes were very fine leather, so the blood wasn't showing. He had to "turn and peep" to see one stepsister had cut off her heel and the other stepsister had cut off her toe.

A glass slipper makes the self-mutilation unnecessary so that was left out in the modern versions.

Intriguing

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Fashionable Nerd

5,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
Sakura_angel92
I personally think that happy endings are over-rated... but they're fairy tales and not real life so what can you expect? yum_strawberry

i agree with you . yum_puddi

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
vLaineLlodavi
Sakura_angel92
I personally think that happy endings are over-rated... but they're fairy tales and not real life so what can you expect? yum_strawberry

They give false-hopes.

Fashionable Nerd

5,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
I Electra I
vLaineLlodavi
Sakura_angel92

They give false-hopes.

totally . yum_puddi

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
vLaineLlodavi
I Electra I
vLaineLlodavi
Sakura_angel92

They give false-hopes.

totally . yum_puddi

Like if you ask a kid,who do you want to be like when your older? They reply something like a princess! It doesn't fix with reality,as it is made up,and when they realise they are like crying
I love happy endings but sometimes they just go too far

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

In a relationship with Kellywho

Fashionable Vampire

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I think that like romance novels, fairy tales end at a particular time in a relationship.......that is the start or honeymoon period. And that it doesn't show anything after that point......for all we know Prince Charming could be a drunk or abusive.

But true happy endings are possible. We're just programed at a young age to try and obtain that fairy tale ending.......and therefore critique things that just aren't perfect all the time.

Its like the idea of the nuclear family......perfect in theory but real life, not so much.

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
I agree - if we can't find one in real life - it's nice to imagine one for someone else. After all, isn't that what we watch stuff for - an escape from reality?
Britt_the_Cemetery_Chick

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff