Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think happy endings are over-rated?

Yes 0.27237354085603 27.2% [ 70 ]
No 0.3579766536965 35.8% [ 92 ]
Kinda.... 0.36964980544747 37.0% [ 95 ]
Total Votes:[ 257 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Well, I like happy endings, but I always wonder if the characters get bored living happily forever.

Edgy Fairy

19,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • The Edgiest 250
I love happy endings because they stick with the fantasy of a fairy tail, cuz they don't always happen in real life sad

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
I Electra I
I personally think happy endings are over-rated but usually in fairy tales there are always happy endings xp
What is your opinion?
they should ahve the happy ending and like have a twist ... like they get together and find one of them has an std and passed it on tot eh other one emotion_awesome
ummm personally,i think its over-rated...but..y not?
i dont think a bunch o' ppl will like a sad ending story o.O

Feral Fatcat

9,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
The truth is, Fairy Tales were originally directed at Adults, not children. Notice the gore in the stories and the hidden sense of sadism (E.g. Little Red Riding Hood - Big Bad Wolf EATS her Grandma, Snow White - Eats a POISON apple). Later on, as these stories were transfered from generation to generation orally, they were adapted to convey certain morals and the target audience changed towards the children, creating a greater impact on our modern day society. So if you think about it; YES. The Happy-Endings are in fact a bit over-rated. For those of you who want to view a darker side towards Fairy Tales, you may consider watching this show that I have found quite interesting: 'Grimm'. It depicts the Grimm brothers as detectives working to solve murder cases related to characters from a certain Fairy Tale.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Not all fairy tales have happy endings but why would you prefer despair over happiness. It's only natural for most humans to choose happy endings over sad or tragic ones.

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
sweeneytodd98
In the end, don't you always want there to be a happy ending?

I sometimes like it if the ending is vague,so you can guess what happens later.
Like in some books the endings are "Was it just a dream?..."
So you can use your own imagination and collaborate an ending.

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
fire monkey95
I Electra I
I personally think happy endings are over-rated but usually in fairy tales there are always happy endings xp
What is your opinion?
they should ahve the happy ending and like have a twist ... like they get together and find one of them has an std and passed it on tot eh other one emotion_awesome

Lmao
I agree rofl

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ping of Death
Not all fairy tales have happy endings but why would you prefer despair over happiness. It's only natural for most humans to choose happy endings over sad or tragic ones.

In general books (not ONLY fairy tales)
Wouldn't it be better if you could relate to a story?
Like the majority of people won't have a happy ending (SORRY!)
So I prefer the books to have a twist.

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Neph_Axel
The truth is, Fairy Tales were originally directed at Adults, not children. Notice the gore in the stories and the hidden sense of sadism (E.g. Little Red Riding Hood - Big Bad Wolf EATS her Grandma, Snow White - Eats a POISON apple). Later on, as these stories were transfered from generation to generation orally, they were adapted to convey certain morals and the target audience changed towards the children, creating a greater impact on our modern day society. So if you think about it; YES. The Happy-Endings are in fact a bit over-rated. For those of you who want to view a darker side towards Fairy Tales, you may consider watching this show that I have found quite interesting: 'Grimm'. It depicts the Grimm brothers as detectives working to solve murder cases related to characters from a certain Fairy Tale.

I watch it 3nodding

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Qryu
ummm personally,i think its over-rated...but..y not?
i dont think a bunch o' ppl will like a sad ending story o.O

Just because it doesn't have a happy ending
Doesn't mean it has to have a sad ending!
Like it can end in a mystery
And let the audience judge what happens.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
I Electra I
fire monkey95
I Electra I
What is your opinion?

Lmao
I agree rofl
or like the princess gets with a prince, she thinks the prince is cheating on her, so she calls the Jeremy kyle show for a lie detector test

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I Electra I
Ping of Death

Most of the fairy tales with happy endings that we see are revised versions for kids. The older versions are usually dark and tragic and have messages that modern readers can't relate to.

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
fire monkey95
I Electra I
fire monkey95
I Electra I
What is your opinion?

Lmao
I agree rofl
or like the princess gets with a prince, she thinks the prince is cheating on her, so she calls the Jeremy kyle show for a lie detector test

We asked Prince Charming at the start of the relationship with Cinderella a year ago if he had intercourse with any other person.

He said no

But he was lieing

*CROWD OOOOOH*

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ping of Death
I Electra I
Ping of Death

Most of the fairy tales with happy endings that we see are revised versions for kids. The older versions are usually dark and tragic and have messages that modern readers can't relate to.

emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces