Welcome to Gaia! ::

how is it everytime I watch a movie from disney productions, like bambi, little mermaid, cinderella, sleeping beauty, snow white, and many more, it just has to have a sad feeling to it, its like disney just wants to make kids cry, bambi the mother dies, little mermaid the mother is dead, cinderella the mother and father are dead, sleeping beauty shes taken from her family, snow white the father and mother are dead... see what i mean
I think before you criticize Disney for the way they make their movies you need to look up the original versions of the fairy tales you've just mentioned. Disney makes them child FRIENDLY, the originals are horrific.
Sweet x Far x Thing
I think before you criticize Disney for the way they make their movies you need to look up the original versions of the fairy tales you've just mentioned. Disney makes them child FRIENDLY, the originals are horrific.

thats not what i mean, everytime I watched them, i even put one on when I was babysitting and both the little kids started crying, I know the originals are horrific but I've asked friends and they said the same thing I'm saying, I just don't like how they have sad backgrounds
If it wasn't for the sad backgrounds there would be no point to the story at all. When you consider this the majority of children that watched these movies actually learned lessons from them despite them making us upset or angry, when you compare Disney's classics to today's movies where they try to take that out and forge new politically correct movies there isn't really much left in the way of learning from them. At least that's my opinion.
Sweet x Far x Thing
If it wasn't for the sad backgrounds there would be no point to the story at all. When you consider this the majority of children that watched these movies actually learned lessons from them despite them making us upset or angry, when you compare Disney's classics to today's movies where they try to take that out and forge new politically correct movies there isn't really much left in the way of learning from them. At least that's my opinion.

ok I get what your saying, sorry sweatdrop
It's okay, I wasn't trying to upset you or anything. I apologize if I made you feel that way. sweatdrop
Sweet x Far x Thing
It's okay, I wasn't trying to upset you or anything. I apologize if I made you feel that way. sweatdrop

nah I'm fine dude 3nodding

5,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
the only one i think is horrific is fox and the hound and that is because you only use the fox for its pelts not anything else in that time line. Also the lead up to the mother fox getting shot is rather scary and then that loud bang from the shot gun that feels like its only 10 feet away.
people528
the only one i think is horrific is fox and the hound and that is because you only use the fox for its pelts not anything else in that time line. Also the lead up to the mother fox getting shot is rather scary and then that loud bang from the shot gun that feels like its only 10 feet away.

yeah but still he found a home from the owls help, the old lady soon learned that the fox needed to be with his real species and let him go then soon he found a female fox, so it ends great

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyu Mori
how is it everytime I watch a movie from disney productions, like bambi, little mermaid, cinderella, sleeping beauty, snow white, and many more, it just has to have a sad feeling to it, its like disney just wants to make kids cry, bambi the mother dies, little mermaid the mother is dead, cinderella the mother and father are dead, sleeping beauty shes taken from her family, snow white the father and mother are dead... see what i mean

Disney uses formulaic plot devices and characters in most of their movies. In most cases both the plot and the characters are shallow. Having something 'sad' in the tale adds a (mostly artificial) element of depth to the story so it seems less vacuous. The majority of Disney movies are targeted at children so the 'sad' events and other plot twists are typically rather heavy handed and 'in your face' so the kids don't miss it while something shiny is bouncing across the screen.
Sweet x Far x Thing

You said it, Bud!!

Desirable Sex Symbol

Sweet x Far x Thing

OG GO

It creates conflict and a resolution and how to overcome things. Compared to the tales they originated from, they are pretty kid orientated.
Disney does what it does best, entertain. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Not all fairy tales have happy endings. Do you expect to tell a kid everything will turn out fine with love stuff and rainbows, and that the disney princesses got their prince charming in a snap?

And yes, Disney made it a lot more child friendly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff