Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Blob

I am interested to see how two versions of a live-action Snow White turns out. Though I do want to see other Fairy Tales done... hmm
I'd like to see Rose Red.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
WileyDairyGnome
I agree, all these Snow White remakes are getting out of hand... We all know how it ends afterall.

Snow White's not nearly as remade as Cinderella is and that's gotten some shitty remakes.

I don't know if I'd watch it but I'll keep an open mind if I do. I like to see the stories change with the times.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Bunai
I am interested to see how two versions of a live-action Snow White turns out. Though I do want to see other Fairy Tales done... hmm

Most unfortunately Rose Red isn't 'famous' enough. The most that we can hope for is that someone does something with that Rose Red: Snow White's less famous sister, or whatever the title is called but a play where she is torn between finding her 'thing' like the other fairy tale ladies and just being normal.

I think more than likely we'll be seeing a Cinderella movie if that 'Cinder' book is famous enough to spawn a movie deal like all of the others tend to do.

Questionable Borg

Bunai
I am looking foward to Mirror Mirror more than the Huntsman, but I'm biased because Julia Roberts is one of my favorite actresses.

What's Rose Red?

Party Member

Lady Bern

So was "Snow White: A Tale of Terror" to me Snow was such a little brat who didn't want daddy to be happy with her new mother.
User Image

Omg that movie was awesome. Sigorney Weaver ftw. biggrin

Angelic Blob

Mayor Gravity
Bunai
I am looking foward to Mirror Mirror more than the Huntsman, but I'm biased because Julia Roberts is one of my favorite actresses.

What's Rose Red?

Rose Red is sister of Snow White, but both are a part of a different story.

Questionable Borg

Bunai
Mayor Gravity
Bunai

What's Rose Red?

Not gonna lie, had no idea Snow White had a sister.
Chirigasm
Yanueh
Sacrificial Sandwich
Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in.

Wait, what, she does? I wasn't aware Twilight could be ruined.

I love that the majority of twilight haters never even read the books.

As for snow white.
Get the ******** over it.

I love that all Twilight lovers automatically assume that all twilight haters have never read the series/seen the movies. :/

Party Member

Mayor Gravity
User Image

Technically, the Snow White you're thinking of, didn't.
Snow White and Rose Red

Sacrificial Sandwich
No, really. It's getting ridiculous now. First, Once Upon a Time made her into the other woman, and now Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in. To top that off, Julia Roberts is raping the evil queen as I type this! The ******** wrong with Hollywood?It really pisses me off, since she was one of my favorite Disney Princesses as a kid. emotion_eyebrow
Live long enough, and you'll see everything you once loved in the world of entertainment be destroyed, and drained of all its former beauty.

Questionable Borg

Kinny Fear
Mayor Gravity
User Image

Technically, the Snow White you're thinking of, didn't.
Snow White and Rose Red

I'll read that when I'm not doing homework. smile Thanks. smile

Trash Kitten

6,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I agree that the Julia Roberts movie looks stupid (and I even like Julia Roberts), but I have to disagree about Once Upon a Time. I really like what they're doing with Snow White. The point of her being "the other woman" is because of the Evil Queen's curse. She's not supposed to be happy in our world, none of them are. That's the whole point of the show. And really, it's not like she didn't know or care about what she was doing. She felt guilty about her feelings for him while he was married. Several times she pushed him away, despite being in love. So she's still the sweet, innocent Snow, just in a difficult situation.

Honestly, I love Once Upon a Time because even though they obviously cast some of the actors/actresses to look like Disney's versions, they are putting their own original twists (for example tying them together or just the entire background story for Rumpelstiltskin or the twist about Red Riding Hood).

Also, about the Kristen Stewart version. I've only seen one ad, but I have to say I'm actually interested in seeing more. I hate Twilight, but it's not her fault that she's in a crappy movie with a crappy director. She's shown in the past (like in Panic Room) that she has talent. And I have always believed that it's not even about the talent of the actor but the talent of the director. It's the director's job to tell the actor how to act and what to feel and bring that out. If they can't get what they want out, it may not exactly be the actor's fault that the director isn't hitting the right cord.

So for the tl;dr, crowd: Once Upon a Time is awesome and you can't blame Kristen Stewart for being in a crappy movie.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Sacrificial Sandwich
No, really. It's getting ridiculous now. First, Once Upon a Time made her into the other woman, and now Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in. To top that off, Julia Roberts is raping the evil queen as I type this! The ******** wrong with Hollywood?It really pisses me off, since she was one of my favorite Disney Princesses as a kid. emotion_eyebrow

Its just a movie. If you dont like how they are doing it then dont go see it.

Anxious Bloodsucker

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Sacrificial Sandwich

technically and Im going by your opinion ( I dont believe Kristen stewart ruined the character, just didnt act very well ) Kristen Stewart didnt ruin the role. The casting director did.
Sacrificial Sandwich

You are aware that Disney has managed to rape like every fairytale in existence right? Snow White is actually attacked several times by the Queen in the original story and in the end they put the queen in a spiked barrel and rolled her to death. Just like the Little Mermaid is supposed to die in the end because she couldn't bare to kill the Prince who betrayed her and fell in love with another.

I doubt anyone could murder Fairy Tales more then Disney has smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces