12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wow... Snow White is a complete retard, so I actually find the actress playing her to be a fitting role...

Just think of it as Bella actually getting killed.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Questionable Borg

Gio Gio Star
User Image

Wow... Snow White is a complete retard, so I actually find the actress playing her to be a fitting role...

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image
Why is Snow White a retard?

and Kristen Stewart, while she isn't immensly talated, she's not bad, when she isn't in Twilight.

Romantic Lover

12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mayor Gravity
Gio Gio Star
User Image

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image
Why is Snow White a retard?

and Kristen Stewart, while she isn't immensly talated, she's not bad, when she isn't in Twilight.
User Image

I wrote that when I was tiered as ********. But Snow White isn't the smartest person in the world.

In the fairy tale, the dwarfs warn her not to open the door to strangers, not to accept anything from them, and all of that junk because her step mother was also a sorceress and she could disguise herself to look like anybody. And 3 times, Snow White falls for the exact same trick. Her step mother disguises herself to look like a hag (not 1oo% sure on this because it's been a while since I read the story), seamstress, and a merchant in order to try and kill her. The first time was by getting a poisonous brush and tricking her to brush her hair with it. The second time was with a ribbon literally strangling the life out of her. And the third time was with the apple. And it wasn't even the kiss that actually woke Snow White up. It was actually the fact that the dwarfs sold her dead body to a random prince that fell in love with her and he dropped her coffin and dislodged the apple piece in her throat.

Nothing bad ever happened to her step mother and Snow White was around 1oo years old when she was awoken.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image
Sacrificial Sandwich
No, really. It's getting ridiculous now. First, Once Upon a Time made her into the other woman, and now Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in. To top that off, Julia Roberts is raping the evil queen as I type this! The ******** wrong with Hollywood?It really pisses me off, since she was one of my favorite Disney Princesses as a kid. emotion_eyebrow

I'd like to point out that--although not necessarily the point you are trying to make--Disney kinda screwed the fairytale a bit also(though not in any egregious manner).
To start, Disney makes its first error in Snow White's age. The Grimm tales clearly state that she was only seven years old when the queen banished her. In Disney's version she is an adult at that point, of course, the Grimm tale implies that she grew up a bit as the queen had to cross seven mountains back and forth three times before the prince is even mentioned. Secondly, if I recall correctly, the Disney movie leaves out two of the queen's attempts to assassinate Snow White, but those were probably left out due to time constraints. Lastly, the prince did not wake up Snow White by kissing her--in the original story she was held in a glass coffin/casket and the dwarfs had agreed to let the prince take her body. While they were travelling, they dropped Snow White, dislodging a piece of the poison apple from her throat and that is what caused her to wake up. Also they killed the queen at their wedding banquet (or some similar event) by making her dance to death in burning shoes... neutral
But I will agree with you that Hollywood does make some pretty weird and nonsensical "adaptations" of fairytales.

Newbie Noob

**PMS ALERT, DO NOT MAKE A SOUND**

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Chirigasm
Yanueh
Sacrificial Sandwich
Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in.

Wait, what, she does? I wasn't aware Twilight could be ruined.

I love that the majority of twilight haters never even read the books.

As for snow white.
Get the ******** over it.
i read the first book just so i could actually confirm thats its litracy rape. i didnt buy a copy of course i got one from the libary because if u give that myers b***h more money she will only use it to brain wash more tweens are write more crap.

Beloved Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Technically, it's Mary that was the other woman...but was she really, considering it was her prince charming husband in the first place.

I hated what they did to him more in OUAT.

I'm willing to give Kristen Stewart a chance. I liked her in The Messengers. To her credit, she plays Bella which is a very...non expressing character in the first place.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

10,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I only like Once Upon A Time's Snow White. The Disney versions voice is too high pitched and she annoys the living ******** out of me. I haven't seen the other two movies to judge them yet.

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
Sacrificial Sandwich
User Image

this gif is just way to funny, I had to tip. rofl
edit: for humorus snow white gifs I needed to add this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Wow, this thread got popular while I was gone. emotion_c8

Some things to address:
1)I am aware that Disney did not 'invent' Snow White. I'm not a ******** idiot. I read.
2)Twitard is HORRIBLE. Again, I read.
3)Kristen Stewart was only good in the movie 'Speak'. Because she just had to be herself. emotion_awesome

5,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
At this point, the fairytale has been SO OVERDONE it's not even funny!

Kawaii Sex Symbol

17,500 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
I'm looking forward to Snow White and the Huntsman.

As for Once Upon A Time, I think Ginnifer Goodwin does a splendid job in portraying Snow White.

No complaints here.

Junior Explorer

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Think Snow White has a children's logic that sometimes disappears before the real world, and that her period of childhood disappeared befor the bad apple.The story has an interesting plot, and the necessity of understanding the specific characteristics.

Blessed Autobiographer

7,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I feel like I'm the only person giving Mirror, Mirror a chance. For one, comparing it to Huntsman is just stupid. They aren't the same genre. Mirror, Mirror is billed as a comedy. More importantly, it's a kids' comedy and a "family" film. That means, it will be sillier and vastly different from Huntsman, which is more of an adventure/drama geared to an older set. I think Julia Roberts is perfect in Mirror, Mirror. You're not supposed to take it seriously. I would more understand the whole "OMG, she's not a real evil queen" or whatever backlash if Mirror, Mirror was a drama and meant to be taken seriously. But, it's a comedy for kids, so it's all good.

As for remaking fairytales, they've been remade since before Hollywood. There's a system of cataloging them (can't remember the name of it) but it's like, Catagory 213: Talking Animals. And Catgory 319: Fairy Godmothers. That's because you have many versions of the same story.

Hansel and Gretel has another version called Brother and Sister, which goes beyond the witch in the woods. Donkeyskin, All Furs, and Princess in Disguise are all the same story with a few small differences that fall under the "Father wants to marry his kid" heading, with a male version called Bearskin. There are a bunch of Kind Girl/Unkind Girl stories where you have two extremes to show how a child should act, such as in Mother Hulda. The Grim version of Cinderella wasn't even the original version. There were two before the Brothers Grimm got to it, not to mention that there were other countries with their own versions as well. While I don't like that Hollywood hasn't had an original thought in ages, I can't really blame them for remaking fairytales. We humans have been doing that since we first started telling stories.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
Chirigasm
Yanueh
Sacrificial Sandwich
Kristen Stewart is gonna ruin her like she ruins everything she's in.

Wait, what, she does? I wasn't aware Twilight could be ruined.

I love that the majority of twilight haters never even read the books.

As for snow white.
Get the ******** over it.

I completely agree with you. I for one love Kristen Stewart's acting style. And Snow White and the Huntsman looks incredible. And about the twilight haters they just want to put something down that's popular. Like the saying says haters gonna hate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games