Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Buddy

I'm the same way; I absolutely refuse to see the movie. It's a prime example of "Hollywoodifying" things. Just like Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I was so irritated by that movie. >.> What we can't have nerdy, wallflower looking girls in the movies as main characters?

Greedy Entrepreneur

Warrior_Nun801
I've seen the film after reading the book, like I have expected...the book is better. The only saving grace that film had is Neil Patrick Harris as the snarky blind tutor.

Neil Patrick Harris was in it? I didn't know that! I love that guy!

Malevolent Firestarter

★★☆

I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie when it first came out. I enjoyed it, but probably mainly because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale. After reading everyone's opinions, I'm definitely planning on picking up the book!

"Live each day as if you're
the protagonist of the Earth."

Demonic Raider

8,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Befriended 100
The Eds
Warrior_Nun801
I've seen the film after reading the book, like I have expected...the book is better. The only saving grace that film had is Neil Patrick Harris as the snarky blind tutor.

For reals! biggrin And btw, awesome avatar!

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
I've never read the book but I have seen the movie, and truthfully i think the movie was pretty good. you shouldnt base movies off of the books they come from. If movies were exatcly like the book then what would be the point in watching it? really I think it is better watching the movie before reading the book (and i speak from experience for this) because if you do that then you wont be so judgemental or closeminded twards the movie.

Angelic Assailant

10,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
The book was beautiful but I don't think a movie could capture that emotion unless it is done really well.

I'm sure it's still good though. It looked good in the trailer. biggrin

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I've only watched the movie and it was a little disappointing from a fairy tale lover's point of view. I love modern twists on classic stories, but the movie could have been way better. It wasn't mystical or magical enough for me.
I LOVE BEASTLY!! <3

6,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gender Swap 100
But what was most disappointing was who they cast for beauty...
cheesecakeaddiction
I've never read the book but I have seen the movie, and truthfully i think the movie was pretty good. you shouldnt base movies off of the books they come from. If movies were exatcly like the book then what would be the point in watching it? really I think it is better watching the movie before reading the book (and i speak from experience for this) because if you do that then you wont be so judgemental or closeminded twards the movie.

I agree, but the main character in the movie looks so unlike the title that I can't stand it. I'm not comparing it to the book, I just don't like what they did with the movie. I was uninterested before I even knew there was a book. I don't see why Kyle felt he had to lock himself up or whatever he did in the movie because it wasn't that bad.

Barton Werewolf

6,850 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I love Beauty and the Beast!
However, I was disappointed with the movie though. The guy had tattoos, bald, and piercings. It actually looked cool, not hideous or "beastly". The guy wasn't that great with acting either.
I liked how it was an old tale with a modern twist, but I was hoping for it to be way better.

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
ldjkghbezg
[[My librarian had a giant Beastly party where the company responsible for the movie gave us t-shirts, iPod covers, tattoos, stickers, etc. All Beastly related. We loved the book that much, so obviously we looked forward to the movie.

Then we saw the trailer... It looks like they changed too much, and while i haven't seen it, it doesn't look good.
]]

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
ya, that book rocked! i don't normally read much outside historical fiction, but Alex Flinn is my best friends mom so it was to support my friend kinda. it was awesome!

PS....you will NEVER beat Alex Flinn at words with friends!

Greedy Entrepreneur

Warrior_Nun801
The Eds
Warrior_Nun801

For reals! biggrin And btw, awesome avatar!

Thank you! I love your signiture! It made me laugh! dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces