Welcome to Gaia! ::

Riltatopants's Waifu

Supportive Friend

Disney definitely! They were inspirational and fun films to watch and even good family movies.
Barbie is just... remade things with a Mary-sue starring for little girls to watch.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Havoc Symphony
Disney definitely! They were inspirational and fun films to watch and even good family movies.
Barbie is just... remade things with a Mary-sue starring for little girls to watch.

Exactly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the exact way to put it until now. As much as I find the Barbie dolls a great toy for girls (better than the Bratz...well just about any doll is better than the Bratz) for inspiration of what to one day grow up to be those films are just horrible!

I watched the Rapunzel one once and wanted to kill someone. Why even have a prince in her movies? Everyone loves her, she never does any wrong, always have the strength and courage to do whatever, has no real problem and if she does it sort of solves itself so that she gets the best of everything. The Barbie movies are Mary-Sue movies. UGH! At least the cartoons in the late 80s to early 90s were better than this.

I don't care for how Disney sugarcoats and changes some of my favorite fairy tales but I'll take it over Barbie any day.

Shameless Shapeshifter

ToLaZyTaCaRe
Which side told the best fairy tales in your opinion and which one will always be apart of your childhood?

Barbie didn't start releasing fairy tales until I was pretty much an adult, and they looked so saccharine I was never interested.

So, Disney.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
as much as I like barbie, disney def. wins.

Beloved Lunatic

15,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Barbie isn't a fairy-tale silly. It only manipulates fairy tales into barbie to make it seem more appealing.

Disney wins by a landslide. A big one at that.
They both are bad at sticking to the actual story

Mewling Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Disney, although I didn't mind the barbie ones, they were just awful cheesy sometimes.

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Disney all the wayyy... They are so cute! AHHHHH 4laugh
but true the some times change it so much it get's suuuper annoying stare

Shameless Shapeshifter

Kelesrael
They both are bad at sticking to the actual story

What actual story? Just about every fairytale out there has at least nine gazillion variations.

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
Yanueh
ToLaZyTaCaRe
Which side told the best fairy tales in your opinion and which one will always be apart of your childhood?

Barbie didn't start releasing fairy tales until I was pretty much an adult, and they looked so saccharine I was never interested.

So, Disney.

It's hard to digest Barbie movies unless you're very young or watched some when you were little. Trying to watch them when you're out of their target audience is difficult!!

It looks like Disney crushes by Barbie by a LOT!

Shameless Shapeshifter

ToLaZyTaCaRe
It's hard to digest Barbie movies unless you're very young or watched some when you were little. Trying to watch them when you're out of their target audience is difficult!!

Yeah - from what I've seen of them I can understand why younger children would like them, but they don't really seem to have a lot of substance for older viewers.

I did actually watch one awhile back. It didn't really strike me as outright bad so much as a pastiche of what executives think little girls are interested in.
Undoubtably definitly Disney, I grew up with most of there fairytales and Barbie just seems to be pretty harsh to a lot of the girls out there considering that all of the barbies out there are like uber skinny and would make any girl feel self conscious. That and in all honesty even though this chiquita grew up play with Barbie dolls ( super sorry but back then I was unaware of what I would really love and what I wouldn't) , but that and Disney's films always put a smile upon my face.
I like the new movie they made "The Princess and The Frog"
So go Disney go baby! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart pirate
twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted whee whee whee whee whee whee whee 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
I obviously like disney better 3nodding

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Barbie told fairy tales?

Well, now you know my answer.

illukimao's Oppa

Feline Hunter

Disney all the way! whee

Quick Reply