Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fairy

He has some pretty crazy fractured fairy tales sweatdrop

I can say that I have read:
Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister (Cinderella)
Mirror Mirror (Snow White)
Wicked, Son of A Witch, A Lion Among Men (Wizard of oz series)

I am currently reading Lost, which is basically a novel that is among the lines of Scrooge from Christmas Carol, and Jack The Ripper.

Personally, out of all the books I've read by him...My favorite has to be Wicked, mainly because the storyline is based around the wicked witch of the west and how she came to be, well "wicked."
The storyline goes in depth to how she became a witch, her background, Schooling, How she met Galinda, and how she became to loathe the Wizard of all Oz land and everyone else.

It is very emotional and amazing how detailed Gregory Maguire writes. 3nodding

If you have read any of Gregory Maguire's fractured fairy tale novels, (assuming you've read more than 1) which one is your favorite and why?

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
I tried to read Lost, but I just could not get into it.

A good friend of mine is pretty sure I just won't like Gregory Maguire, period, though I wouldn't mind checking out Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.
I read some of his books in high school. I thought they were gripping once you get into the story and very emotional.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
I've read Wicked and Mirror Mirror, they were good books but not my favorites. And some parts of Mirror Mirror were just gross.

Fairy

boyamiconfuzed
I've read Wicked and Mirror Mirror, they were good books but not my favorites. And some parts of Mirror Mirror were just gross.

I have to agree with you on the Mirror Mirror fact.
I didn't like reading on how the wicked step mother liked squid so much...... sweatdrop

User Image

OMG! I love Gregory Maguire! He's filthy... twisted
I love mirror mirror and wicked

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I've read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and Mirror Mirror. Started Wicked, but never really warmed up to it. I do plan on reading it someday. So far my favorite was Confessions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff