Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Explorer

Are there any fairy tales you hate? If so for what reason?
Hunchback of Notre Dame. Too sad.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
I love fairy tales but in general I don't like the expurgated versions of stories. Give me the traumatizing versions any day.

The only exception is the original version of the Little Mermaid, I hate that one.

Original Giver

8,050 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
Lexima
Hunchback of Notre Dame. Too sad.

so ture the hunch back of notre dame... was really sad and confusing too... i liked the little mermaid, aladdin, and my most favorite PETER PAN!!!! I LIKE JEREMY SUMPTER HE'S COOL xd

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
0.0 ; let me think on that... Sleeping beauty i think is the most annoying to me, Only thing i liked from that one were the fairy's
Yeah, Sleeping Beauty felt weakest. I mean, Mulan saved a country, Jasmine distracted Jafar and left the palace, Cinderella worked tirelessly for her family, Rapunzel left without her mother's consent, and Belle accepted that which she didn't know to save her father.

And then Sleeping Beauty just kind of sleeps.

The original Little Mermaid was actually SOO much more believable than Disney's.

I love the Lion King though. Even if it's based on Shakespeare.
Sleeping Beauty kinda sucked in the Disney version, but the original german tale of Briar Rose? Freaking awesome. I'd have to say my least favorite (hell, I LOATHE it) is Snow White. I mean seriously, how STUPID can you be?????

4,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I tend to dislike Cinderella. Not only do I find the Disney character design extremely unattractive when she goes to the ball, it also teaching kids that if you work hard it doesn't do anything, it takes someone else coming along to save you. That always really bothered me. And I thought she was a lot prettier in her working clothes. But that's just as far as the Disney version goes. ^___^

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
i hated cinderella and snow white. the original versions are more interesting. (love some white and rose red thats my favorite grimm fairy tail out of them all and blair rose) i just dont like them because they both take such abuse like its no problem and they needed someone to come and save them in the end(sleeping beauty did too)

Tenacious Hellhound

I like all of them.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
Not disney related, but I"m sure they've made it: Tom thumb. I'd get four pages in, even when I was five years old, and lose interest after that. Thumbelliana just sort of followed along the same route and felt like a bad companion book to it as well. I love the idea of fairies and all manner of tales, but I could never enjoy those books.

Wheezing Raider

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Few people know this, since no one ever asks this question... I HATE James and The Giant Peach with a burning PASSION! I hate every ounce of that story with like.. burning soul acid of hate that disintegrates all peaches that ever were. As a child, (during the short time I lived with my parents,) my drug addicted parents would leave us (4) kids over our aunt's house, to babysit us, and our aunt would put on that movie over and over.. my little brother LOVED it, and would carry on if she didn't, so it was a guarantee... I fell asleep to that movie so many times. There were times where we were told not to leave the room, and to go to sleep, and that movie would be playing. It just made you want to die, when it would end, and my little brother ran up to the tv to rewind the vhs tape... I hate that movie. I really hate everything about it. Don't even get me started. I found it to be a mediocre movie, at best, when I saw it the first time.. like... 3000 times later? That movie is why I'm insane, today, as if I needed a reason! eek I don't just blame the situation, either. I honestly hate the story, the picture.. everything.
All of Disney's adaptions.

They take the form and beauty out of traditional märchen.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
boyamiconfuzed
I love fairy tales but in general I don't like the expurgated versions of stories. Give me the traumatizing versions any day.

The only exception is the original version of the Little Mermaid, I hate that one.

Agreed and agreed.

So sad for her that she did all of that for a guy who didn't even know that she loved him. But I don't think it had much to do with love as it did about the Mermaid gaining a soul or something like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff