Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should we make Fishing Trophies unsoulbound?

Yes 0.61421319796954 61.4% [ 121 ]
No 0.38578680203046 38.6% [ 76 ]
Total Votes:[ 197 ]
This poll closed on June 27, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Unholy Abomination

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, recently they updated the house feature to allow you to place equitable items and display them in your house.
Because of the soul bound trophies are excluded from this, so unbinding them would benefit users that want to display their trophies in their Gaia houses. emotion_dowant
They should have never been bound in the first place.

Gaia's policy on making things rare is misplaced more often than not.

I'll be glad to see this gone. Might actually have the desire to win one again.
I'm on the fence with this one. If they were unbounded it would kill fishing competitively for me. Why fish for a month when I can vend for a day and buy it? On the plus side I could fish casually on an alt and earn another angelic rod.

O.G. Hoarder

All the self righteous fishers so no...all the fishers who do it for friends and s**t say yes....Oh how I see the fishing community hasn't Changed since 2006.
Really and truthfully I don't care....Only the greedy and gold hungry trophy holders will sell the trophies...The only reason people are getting mad is because they think having their name in the top ten makes them feel better than other Gaians get over it...just pixels.

Tipsy Noob

5,625 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sigma Blu
All the self righteous fishers so no...all the fishers who do it for friends and s**t say yes....Oh how I see the fishing community hasn't Changed since 2006.
Really and truthfully I don't care....Only the greedy and gold hungry trophy holders will sell the trophies...The only reason people are getting mad is because they think having their name in the top ten makes them feel better than other Gaians get over it...just pixels.

RainbowLady
Here's a radical thought ... for those few who have so many they don't know what to do with them .... after getting one of each trophy, why not let others try to get to the top to get one, instead of being at the top every single month at every single lake just amassing more that you can complain about? You don't have to stop fishing or anything, just don't try to push out anybody new trying to get there. Do you really HAVE to fish that much?

biggrin *applauds enthusiastically* 3nodding

Aged Codger

RovingReporterSandy
Sigma Blu

RainbowLady
Here's a radical thought ... for those few who have so many they don't know what to do with them .... after getting one of each trophy, why not let others try to get to the top to get one, instead of being at the top every single month at every single lake just amassing more that you can complain about? You don't have to stop fishing or anything, just don't try to push out anybody new trying to get there. Do you really HAVE to fish that much?

biggrin *applauds enthusiastically* 3nodding
Does a Crack-Head need his next fix? Of course he dose not NEED it, it is an addiction, and can't help but to go for it. rofl

Shy Exhibitionist

I guess I finally decided to drop by, longer than to cast a vote.

I'd rather not see the trophies to be un-bound. But, whatever happens, happens guys.
As it has most likely been said before, it's your choice on what you want to do with the trophy.
You keep them or you don't. Simple.

heart

Romantic Fairy

10,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
They should not be unsoul bound.. It isnt fair for someone to buy one and put it on their avi like they have earned it, when the real person spent hours EARNING it.

I think in order to have a trophy you should have to earn it, not buy it. talk2hand

Romantic Fairy

10,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
DJ Trouble
They should have never been bound in the first place.

Gaia's policy on making things rare is misplaced more often than not.

I'll be glad to see this gone. Might actually have the desire to win one again.

Why would them being unbound make you want to fish again? So you can sell it for a profit.. Thats just wrong...

Romantic Fairy

10,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
dV_Vb
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, recently they updated the house feature to allow you to place equitable items and display them in your house.
Because of the soul bound trophies are excluded from this, so unbinding them would benefit users that want to display their trophies in their Gaia houses. emotion_dowant

I would agree making them so they can be put in your house.. I would like that..
xx_Crayola_xx
They should not be unsoul bound.. It isnt fair for someone to buy one and put it on their avi like they have earned it, when the real person spent hours EARNING it.

I think in order to have a trophy you should have to earn it, not buy it. talk2hand

I would agree with this.

I do think making the soul bound items available to put into users home a good idea that way those users who want can display their trophies there, but I still say they should remain soul-bound to allow them to be seen as an award.

Scurvy Pirate

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion in our thread! We appreciate all the feedback you've given and have weighed it accordingly. Unfortunately, it appears that one or more users took it upon themselves to create a multitude of mule accounts (~50) in order to skew the votes in favor of the "No" option at the last minute. As a result of this, we have reverted the poll back to the state it was in around 12am PST which is when these illegitimate votes started to come in. Based on the results of the poll at that time, as well as, the comments made within the thread, we feel that the majority of the community favors unbinding the trophies to give everyone the choice of how to use them. Due to this, we will stick to our word and go ahead with the plan of unbinding them for you.

That said, we also are looking into the feasibility of adding stat tracking to trophy winners and potentially adding this information on the Fishing stats page or somewhere more visible. Once we have more information on this idea, we'll let you know.

Thanks again for all your feedback and all the passion you've shown to the Fishing game and its community!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff