Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should we make Fishing Trophies unsoulbound?

Yes 0.61421319796954 61.4% [ 121 ]
No 0.38578680203046 38.6% [ 76 ]
Total Votes:[ 197 ]
This poll closed on June 27, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Invisible Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If there is a visual way of showing that *said gaian* won this gold fishing trophy for being at the top of the charts. compared to *another gaian* equipping the trophy to have on their avatar because they bought it from the Mp.

The sentiment will stand with the visual information stating that *said gaian* fished for it. Not with the pixel 3 posed icon sitting in each individuals inventory.

Most are wanting it has a statement that they worked hard for it. When allowing a visual representation either on a profile or when you look up the user would be proof of the same feat if not more so. A Tally shown on a chart would allow All of a users trophies to be accounted for. not just the 3 that they can show off visually.

Invisible Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
deity_007_99
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99
You also need to do that with zOMG rings and Orbs as well
Yeah... I mean... If this becomes un-bind then the same has to go with zOMG rings, Orbs, Inventory items, etc. At least be fair about this. You can't just un-bind one thing and not un-bind the rest.

Thank you for for agreeing with me... heart

I don't agree here. If they unsoulbind the rings and orbs. It allows users to Cheat their way through the game.

If they unsoulbind the trophies no matter how many one may acquire you cant cheat the fishing game.

Think of what you are saying. Please. We do not need to give people a way to cheat this game.

Mega Lunatic

Although at first i thought to keep it soul-bound, i did change my mind fairly quickly. Fishers who put there life into the game and come out with something that not many people would get the privilege to compete for such great awards. Its like getting a Rare fish. Some people want to keep them, like a medal to say that they caught it. Other's just want to sell it for something they have been saving for, or maybe they just want the gold to have just in case something shows up later down the road.

All im saying is that keeping fishing trophies soul-bound, limits the need for fishers to well.. fish, unless they are in it for the fish (like myself) and then they just have trophies wasting space in their inventory, collecting dust where other people may use them for avatars or maybe even horde them for a quest to a certain amount. The possibilities are endless.

The fisher is the one who tried to hard to get it, let them choose what they want to do with it,
I voted to unsoulbind. The freedom to choose is a good thing, even if we think others will choose unwisely (to sell their trophies or to buy an unearned trophy). Apart from that, the ability to bring your mule-earned trophies back home to the main is reason enough. I don't think they should have been soul-bound to begin with.
They are only trophies people. if you earn them and want to keep them. then keep them. if you want to sell them, then sell them. Who cares if someone bought it who didn't earn it. This debate is completely useless.

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
Ivan Van Malice
Although at first i thought to keep it soul-bound, i did change my mind fairly quickly. Fishers who put there life into the game and come out with something that not many people would get the privilege to compete for such great awards. Its like getting a Rare fish. Some people want to keep them, like a medal to say that they caught it. Other's just want to sell it for something they have been saving for, or maybe they just want the gold to have just in case something shows up later down the road.

All im saying is that keeping fishing trophies soul-bound, limits the need for fishers to well.. fish, unless they are in it for the fish (like myself) and then they just have trophies wasting space in their inventory, collecting dust where other people may use them for avatars or maybe even horde them for a quest to a certain amount. The possibilities are endless.

The fisher is the one who tried to hard to get it, let them choose what they want to do with it,

i think u made a really good point comparing trophies to rares. tho, rares r unbelievably more hard to get than trophies.

Friendly Nerd

11,125 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DukeDouche
They are only trophies people. if you earn them and want to keep them. then keep them. if you want to sell them, then sell them. Who cares if someone bought it who didn't earn it. This debate is completely useless.

Frankly I feel offended that you say this debate if completely useless, if you find it is why even post? Alot of people care about their trophies and until you work hard enough to earn one they are not just trophies. to everyone here....well maybe not everyone but to alot of people these trophies are a symbol of how hard they fished, and show their accomplishment.

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
Candii Nomii
DukeDouche

Frankly I feel offended that you say this debate if completely useless, if you find it is why even post? Alot of people care about their trophies and until you work hard enough to earn one they are not just trophies. to everyone here....well maybe not everyone but to alot of people these trophies are a symbol of how hard they fished, and show their accomplishment.

i second that.
Candii Nomii
DukeDouche

I'm not saying they are meaningless to those who find meaning in them. but keeping people from doing what they want with them simply because someone else holds value for it isn't right. I posted because because of that fact. denying the people who want to be able to sell them the ability to do so, is simply, not right. If you want to keep your trophies, then keep them. If you don't then sell them. The ability to make that choice is all this poll is about. in my opinion, i'm offended that people are trying to block this potential for everyone.

Loved Sweetheart

15,725 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Foxglove Tea
deity_007_99
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99
You also need to do that with zOMG rings and Orbs as well
Yeah... I mean... If this becomes un-bind then the same has to go with zOMG rings, Orbs, Inventory items, etc. At least be fair about this. You can't just un-bind one thing and not un-bind the rest.

Thank you for for agreeing with me... heart

I don't agree here. If they unsoulbind the rings and orbs. It allows users to Cheat their way through the game.

If they unsoulbind the trophies no matter how many one may acquire you cant cheat the fishing game.

Think of what you are saying. Please. We do not need to give people a way to cheat this game.

What is the difference on un-bindding the trophies and rings... Its still the same thing... You cant cheat in the game to get more gold or anything So I really dont see your point in this... When you are capped out thats it... Weather if its iin Smeb, SS, Ps Its all capped... So there for there is NO way to Cheat

Conservative Genius

10,400 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Marathon 300
keep the trophies soulbound....the making money thing is just ridiculous because if you fished enough to get a trophy you can sell the fish for a profit..i felt a sense of great accomplishment for my trophies, and in my opinion they would lose their meaning, and value if just anyone could buy them.

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
I can't even believe I'm seeing a thread on this. It's totally astounding to see so many views on this subject. In some ways it just feels SO WRONG sad .

While I agree that trophies on mules should be given to the original people who earned them the rest of it really is disturbing. PLEASE don't lump all the different issues into a yes or no because this is not just one issue.

For those few who have amassed a mountain of trophies .... WHY did you get so many in the first place? If it was for prestige, how much will you think that prestige will be worth now if you just gave every joe shmoe an opportunity to just buy it on the market what you had to work for so hard? It wouldn't be that special would it? To see just anybody have one? Isn't that like somebody just buying a college degree without actually having to study, take classes, and then just displaying it on a wall? To me that cheapens the meaning, and the intent on why you tried so hard to get one in the first place.

Here's a radical thought ... for those few who have so many they don't know what to do with them .... after getting one of each trophy, why not let others try to get to the top to get one, instead of being at the top every single month at every single lake just amassing more that you can complain about? You don't have to stop fishing or anything, just don't try to push out anybody new trying to get there. Do you really HAVE to fish that much?

Fishing is just more than catching and selling fish. Where will the incentive to new fishers be besides that, if you take away the challenge of EARNING a trophy? Why would they even go through the process for a whole month if they just could pick one up conveniently in the market in a few seconds? Everything else on gaia you can trade or buy, but THIS you have to EARN. THAT is what makes it SPECIAL and UNIQUE.

I think that if you want to get rid of them by selling them, let gaia set something up so that they can buy them back/set a store sellback price on them if you need/want the gold. But please DON'T PUT THEM OUT ON THE GENERAL MARKET. Trophies should be EARNED, not sold like a common everyday item, so that anybody can have them as a cheap bauble to display. Gaia ALREADY has plenty of those. It's because of this that I had to vote NO NO NO.

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
rainbowlady1
I can't even believe I'm seeing a thread on this. It's totally astounding to see so many views on this subject. In some ways it just feels SO WRONG sad .

While I agree that trophies on mules should be given to the original people who earned them the rest of it really is disturbing. PLEASE don't lump all the different issues into a yes or no because this is not just one issue.

For those few who have amassed a mountain of trophies .... WHY did you get so many in the first place? If it was for prestige, how much will you think that prestige will be worth now if you just gave every joe shmoe an opportunity to just buy it on the market what you had to work for so hard? It wouldn't be that special would it? To see just anybody have one? Isn't that like somebody just buying a college degree without actually having to study, take classes, and then just displaying it on a wall? To me that cheapens the meaning, and the intent on why you tried so hard to get one in the first place.

Here's a radical thought ... for those few who have so many they don't know what to do with them .... after getting one of each trophy, why not let others try to get to the top to get one, instead of being at the top every single month at every single lake just amassing more that you can complain about? You don't have to stop fishing or anything, just don't try to push out anybody new trying to get there. Do you really HAVE to fish that much?

Fishing is just more than catching and selling fish. Where will the incentive to new fishers be besides that, if you take away the challenge of EARNING a trophy? Why would they even go through the process for a whole month if they just could pick one up conveniently in the market in a few seconds? Everything else on gaia you can trade or buy, but THIS you have to EARN. THAT is what makes it SPECIAL and UNIQUE.

I think that if you want to get rid of them by selling them, let gaia set something up so that they can buy them back/set a store sellback price on them if you need/want the gold. But please DON'T PUT THEM OUT ON THE GENERAL MARKET. Trophies should be EARNED, not sold like a common everyday item, so that anybody can have them as a cheap bauble to display. Gaia ALREADY has plenty of those. It's because of this that I had to vote NO NO NO.
'''

i was starting to think the same thing. i dislike the idea of trophies being on the market and your sellback to gaia is a great counter proposal. i agree with u that unbounding trophies from mule accounts to move back to the main account, i feel, is a different issue.

Divine Cat

18,275 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
deity_007_99
What is the difference on un-bindding the trophies and rings... Its still the same thing... You cant cheat in the game to get more gold or anything So I really dont see your point in this... When you are capped out thats it... Weather if its iin Smeb, SS, Ps Its all capped... So there for there is NO way to Cheat
If you unbind rings anyone could just buy their way through the game and get strong rings without actually playing.
If you buy a trophy it wont make you catch better fish; they don't even have an actual use in the fishing game.

Invisible Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
SnowbaIl
deity_007_99
If you unbind rings anyone could just buy their way through the game and get strong rings without actually playing.
If you buy a trophy it wont make you catch better fish; they don't even have an actual use in the fishing game.
this is the same thing I said but they dont seem to understand that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff