Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should we make Fishing Trophies unsoulbound?

Yes 0.61421319796954 61.4% [ 121 ]
No 0.38578680203046 38.6% [ 76 ]
Total Votes:[ 197 ]
This poll closed on June 27, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Unbind them please, I still have trophies stuck on a mule. emo I like to have them on my main account.

High-functioning Counselor

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
Oh I forgot about putting them in houses...I think that is where I originally put mine too. I would love to have a little achievement for fishing ranks (1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect. at the different lakes) to put under my avatar. I think that would be a good way to be able to show off the effort I put in.

I also want to say some of the people voting to unsoulbind have put in huge amounts of effort too.

Noob

I think they should be unbound.
I know that trophies show hard work and effort that you put into fishing but no one likes to fell like they're stuck with an item.
Also, I think the fishing stats page should be updated to tell what trophies a person has EARNED.
That way, you can check to see legit trophies or trophies that were gifted/bought/traded.
3nodding

Blessed Businesswoman

14,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Raining Miroku
I rather to have them soul bound ;c There is a lot of ways to earn gold.

Winning a trophy and have it soul bound just shows that you earn with your hard work. I earned 47 trophies and I wouldn't dare to sell a single of them cuz I earned them. I like to have a pride and it shows you have a pride >.>

Why would anyone WANT to buy a trophy? >> If you want one, just fish for it ;c It's not that hard and it's fun to fish for a trophy while competing/chatting with your friends.

Sure I would love to see if they have a way for us to transfer our trophies from mule to an account or w/e. I have 46/47 trophies on this account. I have one trophy that's stuck on my mule II Lady Lucy II and I would like to have that transfer to this account ;P
I agree completly i vote keep them soulbound.If others want them earn them or whats the point of fishing to compete for them when can be just bought in mp.i dont have a mule. smile

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
after reading what's posted so far, i got to say im all for having trophies remain soul bound. as said before there r many other ways in making gold and the time invested in a trophy is something that should remain earned and not bought.

i see unsoulbounding them would lead to complications. i mean it will be good that there will be more competition but these competitors r here for gold and not for fishing itself. we are giving reason for ppl to cheat/bott. nor i want to see someone walking around with a trophy they bought and brag about it. its insulting to me and others who invested much time and effort earn ours. and if it does goes thro, i just hope gaia will find away to protect a fisher's pride in defending what was earned.

Fashionable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
deity_007_99
You also need to do that with zOMG rings and Orbs as well
Yeah... I mean... If this becomes un-bind then the same has to go with zOMG rings, Orbs, Inventory items, etc. At least be fair about this. You can't just un-bind one thing and not un-bind the rest.

Aged Codger

I guess in short i am still on the fence about it. i can see both sides pro's and cons to both, and as far as i can see, i leaning more towards freedom of choice. i mean, the more i think about it the more it becomes clear that binding them while a noble idea adds too much restriction. as Gaidin pointed out, "there are only 3 poses at the moment for trophies, so why not have the ability to send spares to mule accounts to show off there? they are still me" (not exact words, but i think i got the gist of it with out looking up the exact wording.)

Each person see's trophies in their own unique way. to some they are an icon of accomplishment to be treasured. to others they are an item earned like any other item on the site to be traded and sold as their whims guide them. what they may treasure as an item one month may change the next month when they decide to work for another item or goal. and if that goal is more important to them then certain items, they should have the ability to sell all the items including trophies to achieve their new goal, because that new goal once achieved is just as fulfilling an accomplishment in their own individual book as earning a trophy is in some hard core fishers books.

and the final reason so far i am leaning more towards UNSB trophies is.... Gaia is a GAME. and fishing is a way in which some people play that game. some people fish in order to make gold to spend on other things through out Gaia, while others fish because it is fun, and like the competition which brings us back to CHOICE. i can not see it being fair to forced people to keep a item just because some die hard fishers think of trophies as i do, as an item to be earned as a cherished accomplishment, rather then an item up for trade or sale. It is not my place to tell people how they should look at a pixelated item, nor do i believe it is the place anyone else to do so either. the freedom to choose should be there.

(also edited this into my original post in this thread)
words are not my forte, but hopefully my point makes it across.
Vathilia
after reading what's posted so far, i got to say im all for having trophies remain soul bound. as said before there r many other ways in making gold and the time invested in a trophy is something that should remain earned and not bought.

i see unsoulbounding them would lead to complications. i mean it will be good that there will be more competition but these competitors r here for gold and not for fishing itself. we are giving reason for ppl to cheat/bott. nor i want to see someone walking around with a trophy they bought and brag about it. its insulting to me and others who invested much time and effort earn ours. and if it does goes thro, i just hope gaia will find away to protect a fisher's pride in defending what was earned.

Yes. Yes. And Yes again. Agree with this.

INSULTING. that is the word to use here.

A lot of users are posting here about 'free will' and it's their item they should be able to do what they want with it. NO. The trophy is a trophy, and should be seen as a TROPHY. thus having trophy in the title of the item. If you are trying to get the trophy to give away/sell and not own yourself .. Don't compete for the trophy!!!!!

A trophy is a symbol to show your skill and represent YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS. Trophies should not be able to be bought or given away to other users that have not earnt them. If they are unsoulbound you may as well go ahead a re-name the items whilst your at it, as it would no longer be a trophy, it'd JUST ANOTHER GAIA ITEM.

From my perceptive it looks as if the main reason this poll was created is older users have trophies stored on mule accounts that they can't get back to there main. Sort a system for them to get there trophies back. BUT DO NOT allow these to be sold again.

This Poll is completely invalid. Only users with trophies should have been able vote, as all the users that are too incaplible of earning there own trophy will just vote "unsoulbind" so they can own them. And as a fair percentage of the users voting will not own trophies the vote is clearly going to end up in favour of users that have no right to vote on this topic in my opinion.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

iPodgy
Vathilia

Yes. Yes. And Yes again. Agree with this.

INSULTING. that is the word to use here.

A lot of users are posting here about 'free will' and it's their item they should be able to do what they want with it. NO. The trophy is a trophy, and should be seen as a TROPHY. thus having trophy in the title of the item. If you are trying to get the trophy to give away/sell and not own yourself .. Don't compete for the trophy!!!!!

A trophy is a symbol to show your skill and represent YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS. Trophies should not be able to be bought or given away to other users that have not earnt them. If they are unsoulbound you may as well go ahead a re-name the items whilst your at it, as it would no longer be a trophy, it'd JUST ANOTHER GAIA ITEM.

From my perceptive it looks as if the main reason this poll was created is older users have trophies stored on mule accounts that they can't get back to there main. Sort a system for them to get there trophies back. BUT DO NOT allow these to be sold again.

This Poll is completely invalid. Only users with trophies should have been able vote, as all the users that are too incaplible of earning there own trophy will just vote "unsoulbind" so they can own them. And as a fair percentage of the users voting will not own trophies the vote is clearly going to end up in favour of users that have no right to vote on this topic in my opinion.

Insulting? I understand your viewpoint, because in a way trophies are an achievement, but I'm not quite sure insulting is a "valid" description here.

There are many reasons why someone might obtain a trophy-- it can even happen by accident, I've seen it happen. Not everyone going for a trophy wants some imaginary status. Some just wanted a lot of X fish that month. Some wanted to break a score record. Some wanted the actual item because it looks good. And, of course, some want the achievement.

The thing is, your achievements are always kept in the trophy winners sticky, and pretty much everything else on this site is free to be traded. Even the super rare Art Arena medals were not soulbound when the function hit the site, and they were far more a representation of skill or whatever than trophies for Fishing are.

As for why this thread was created, I can't fully say why, because I don't know. But I do know that myself and others have been requesting the soulbind be removed since it was put into place years ago. It largely comes back down to "I put in the effort, I should get to decide the fate of the item".

As for the validity of this poll, it's valid no matter who votes. Anyone on Gaia is a potential trophy winner, and as such their voice counts as much as anyone else's. Should my vote from this account count as 21 votes simply because I have won 21 trophies on this account alone? I would say not. I'm no more important than you in this debate even if I've won more trophies, so I don't see why people who have won trophies are more important than those who might yet win trophies. If we want a way to show off our achievements, we have the items that we can keep, as well as links to the winners for each month. If others just want a shiny looking handheld item, why shouldn't they be able to buy it if one of us is willing to sell it?

Business Entrepreneur

6,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99
Yeah... I mean... If this becomes un-bind then the same has to go with zOMG rings, Orbs, Inventory items, etc. At least be fair about this. You can't just un-bind one thing and not un-bind the rest.

The trophies were unbound when Gaia started with them. Only after a year or so they suddenly soulbound them, without informing people. That's unfair.

Fashionable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
rocbouguet
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99

The trophies were unbound when Gaia started with them. Only after a year or so they suddenly soulbound them, without informing people. That's unfair.
I know that. Same with ZOMG items. They were first unbound. Then they made it a rule to bind them.

Business Entrepreneur

6,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
People weren't able to trade the trophies over to accounts where they liked them to be. Those people are stuck with trophies on mules for many years now.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

The Mad Hatter Disease
rocbouguet
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99

I know that. Same with ZOMG items. They were first unbound. Then they made it a rule to bind them.

Just as a note, they were bound because buying orbs/rings allows someone to literally buy their way through the entire game. We are talking about the fate of an equippable item in regards to Fishing trophies, not actual progress in a game. Buying rings/orbs is like buying levels in a game without playing it, while buying a trophy is like buying an MC in terms of it's affect on the actual site/balance of things.

Loved Sweetheart

15,725 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
The Mad Hatter Disease
deity_007_99

Thank you for for agreeing with me... heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces