Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
scullylam
siskataya

hey sisky i wanted to bring something up for a second. with the bloodstone amulet, there was a limit of how many was available to sell to users. if you and hq are planning to have the amulet unsoulbound and sellback, keep that little info in mind since it should be a "special edition" kind of item. well, something like that.

Thanks scully biggrin

Lonely Sex Symbol

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Love Machine 150
Parexus
Not to butt into your conversation but you did get something, early access to DMS, which includes all the drops and gold you received while exploring through it.

Did you also pay real money to buy it too? emotion_kirakira

Angelic Healer

XxPrincess_NanaXx
Parexus
Not to butt into your conversation but you did get something, early access to DMS, which includes all the drops and gold you received while exploring through it.

I purchased an amulet.

Perfect Saint

XxPrincess_NanaXx
Parexus

I, definitely did. It was worth it since I got the amulet at a discount during that promo last year.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
siskataya
scullylam
siskataya

hey sisky i wanted to bring something up for a second. with the bloodstone amulet, there was a limit of how many was available to sell to users. if you and hq are planning to have the amulet unsoulbound and sellback, keep that little info in mind since it should be a "special edition" kind of item. well, something like that.

Thanks scully biggrin

you're welcome sisky. biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback and the awesome discussions. Please feel free to continue to post here and let us know what you think! We want all opinions, good, bad, or otherwise!

Now, I have to tell you all, I have been up since 4am this morning, had my weight training followed by a full day of work plus a few hours extra, and am currently more closely resembling a zombie than a person. It is time for a hot bath, then sleep! Just letting you know because I don't want anyone to think I am ignoring their posts or this thread - I'm just wiped! I'll definitely be checking in tomorrow though, so I can continue to help out more then.

Take care and have an amazing night! ^^
Sisky

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
siskataya
Thanks for the thoughtful post - I appreciate it! I am wondering why you weren't able to access the area for almost a year despite having gotten the gem/amulet. If you care to pm me with more details, I am happy to look into this for you. As for the noobs, I understand the concern there too, but hopefully it won't be that bad. We hope the new people will want to learn to play zOMG! and make friends as many of you have. I myself am trying to play more these days, and am somewhat of a noob (less so on my mule who has better rings!) so maybe I can hop in sometimes and you more experienced players can teach me some things I don't know biggrin

Sisky

PM sent! Though I don't think it's very informational. sweatdrop

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Just by looking at my other friends' reactions, I can't wait to DMS with them! I think there's a tiny voice in my head that is screaming so loudly that my brain imploded, exploded, and regenerated fifty times within the past five seconds. I don't know about others, but I'll be super happy to see you in DMS!!!

Original Genius

11,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
At this point I'm indifferent. Not sure if I agree but I don't disagree.

Benevolent Codger

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to clarify; however, these sorts of announcements should really be made prior to a (seemingly) offhand Dev Notice, if your goal genuinely isn't to cause a stir. I don't want to be too critical, but it really, really seems poorly-thought-out, not to have announced this ahead-of-time. redface

May I ask how firmly decided you are on the one-week duration, or would you be willing to consider adjusting it based on user response? I've owned my own Amulet since before the area was released, but I can imagine that if it had been opened after only one week of use, I'd have been awfully perturbed. I'd personally feel a bit more comfortable with a duration on the order of a month or so, because it seems difficult to claim that a user who has had one month of access to the area hasn't had due opportunity to use their gem. I understand this means a lot more work on your end, but to be fair all of that work could've been avoided by simply announcing the change today, and enacting it a month from now. sweatdrop

The last nitpick I'd make is that the Dev Notice states that this was 'asked for' - as far as I'm aware, the only place in which such a discussion has been openly fielded (at least recently) was Ask-the-Admin. Unfortunately, AtA'ers represent an extremely small portion of the zOMG! Forum, and the zOMG! Forum in turn represents only a small portion of the zOMG! Community - I imagine you can see how that statement seems unfair, considering what a small minority it applies to. If the community had been given - at the very least - the opportunity to voice concerns prior to this change, then the uproar would likely not have been nearly as zealous. Not only would an earlier announcement have avoided more technical issues, but it would've given the community an opportunity to have its opinions - and all of its opinions - aired before the change actually came into effect.

EDIT: Alright, just one more: is there any particular reason why this couldn't have been delayed to coincide with DMS's release anniversary, a couple of months from now? The announcement (and removal of Gems from the shop) could've been made on the 16th of this month - one year from when Amulets first went on sale, if the Archives aren't misleading me - giving at least some objective justification for the timing of it. At least then it wouldn't feel like the decision was made on-a-whim, and I suspect the some of the negative response comes from the fact this feels senseless, or random. I feel that in the future, a bit of planning could go a long way toward avoiding these sorts of issues in the first place.
Wut Panda
Only the people that were too cheap to buy the bloodstone are rejoicing.

No offense intended, but it's always best to avoid unnecessary generalisations; I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought a total of 9 Amulets (8 of which were given away as gifts), and am perfectly happy to see the area finally opened. As has been stated, it was always intended that the area be opened eventually, and while I certainly agree that there were better ways to go about announcing it, the fact of its being open is hardly due cause for dismay... 3nodding

Desirable Cat

siskataya
We felt that enough good deeds and community spirit has been shown to open the area forever!

Does this mean you can take it out of maintenance mode since we've been so good?? emotion_kirakira

Lol, most likely not. But, even though I bought one for myself, my boyfriend and a few friends... I don't regret it. I bought them not only to play, but to support the game. I'm not disappointed in this decision. I'm glad for there to finally be a bigger pool of players to choose from when crewing, hopefully.

Also, I PAID for all those with cash, that I got through autocash subscription, not offers or gold. Although I think this notice was a little abrupt with no warning for users who have bought their amulet/gem the past month or so... There was always that risk. Just came out of the blue, really with all that's been going on.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Utterly disappointed. Was this purely marketing, I think so. *scoff*
Now to enjoy the trolling and noobish stupidity, we apparently worked
and spent our money for. Bravo.

Lonely Sex Symbol

14,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Love Machine 150
Myrielle
XxPrincess_NanaXx
Parexus

I, definitely did. It was worth it since I got the amulet at a discount during that promo last year.
I'm calming down now. I'm trying to look at the brighter side of all this... AKA I'll be doing more BL's and Tuna's

Tiny Cat

So wait, if we didn't buy it within a week ago, we don't get our refund? :c

Lonely Sex Symbol

14,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Love Machine 150
oMonstah

It would appear that way

Tiny Cat

XxPrincess_NanaXx
oMonstah

It would appear that way

Oh, pooh. Well there's 500k I'll never get back.
I barely even played dms because every time I did, people were like "oh no, you're only 10.1, I don't wanna play with a newb."
Oh well.
Atleast they give us the option to get 50k for a sellback, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff