great, i lost 690k on an item i bought a few weeks to a month ago T-T

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Asian Sins Asians
Robertinha
Honestly I also was never aware that the area would ever be made permanently public. If the amulet and bloodstone was meant to be just a head-start item then why was it so expensive? 749 gaia cash and I used it like twice since I bought, since it is impossible to solo DMS and people just wanted to go with their own friends. Also there should be something about that "head-start" on the item's description together with something about the intent to make DMS opened permanently after a while. So we could decide to either buy or wait... I feel like if I got scammed...

Yep, part of my point there exactly. And, I'm sure LOTS of people feel this way.

i agree 749 GC was too much for a temporary item that we never knew would be useless eventually
i bought better items that were cheaper than that and i can actually wear them and they are permanent. So why was the gem stone so expensive????

Gnarfy's Husband

Invisible Sex Symbol

14,225 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Yun San
Asian Sins Asians
Robertinha
Honestly I also was never aware that the area would ever be made permanently public. If the amulet and bloodstone was meant to be just a head-start item then why was it so expensive? 749 gaia cash and I used it like twice since I bought, since it is impossible to solo DMS and people just wanted to go with their own friends. Also there should be something about that "head-start" on the item's description together with something about the intent to make DMS opened permanently after a while. So we could decide to either buy or wait... I feel like if I got scammed...

Yep, part of my point there exactly. And, I'm sure LOTS of people feel this way.

i agree 749 GC was too much for a temporary item that we never knew would be useless eventually
i bought better items that were cheaper than that and i can actually wear them and they are permanent. So why was the gem stone so expensive????

Who knows? They're both a rip off now though, worthless. I spent about 8-9Mil just to hoard 10 of the amulets. Now, that hoard isn't even worth a Mil. What a joke! surprised

Clean Sex Symbol

thanks for this thread it will help put out a few fires! I still don't see why people are complaining if they look at it as a $7.49 cent donation made to a game that is fun and free. Because it may be free but it doesnt mean that gaiaonline doesnt have to pay to make the game. And seeing how good zomg is $7.49 is a good price to pay for this game (leaving aside glitches and all)

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Asian Sins Asians
Yun San
Asian Sins Asians
Robertinha

Who knows? They're both a rip off now though, worthless. I spent about 8-9Mil just to hoard 10 of the amulets. Now, that hoard isn't even worth a Mil. What a joke! surprised

yea i paid 749 GC for the bloodstone gem and went into dms only 4 times cuz of crews disbanding and was barely able to get past the first part. So thats why im upset and now even though they opened it up i joined a crew yesterday and they still disband everytime.

Bloodthirsty Nymph

56,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
    that wasn't obvious to me. as an owner of an amulet who never actually got to use it due to the difficulty of the area and how tightly knit crews to go in had been, not even mentioning the server lag, i feel pretty cheated. for anyone that feels it was a "donation," no. i bought an item i thought i needed to to access the area at all times. a "donation" is me giving out money, not "buying" something.

my main point is, i don't think it was made clear enough that the area would be made public past community involvement breaking the curse every once in a while; if i'd known that i wouldn't have wasted money on an amulet. kinda makes me think that's what the marketing department here intended.

also lmao at the nerve of making amulets un-soulbound now that they're useless. eh, still, the option of a refund is definitely appreciated for people who didn't get around to it, but considering it was rather falsely advertised imo i feel cheated that i myself can't get a refund.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Okay but what do you do about users who bought a gem and were never about to use it so it is not soul bound. what do you do about these people are they entitled to some sort of compensation?
pretty checky of you, gaia, to tell it was your intent to open dms some day for everyone, but not telling us about it. you let everyone believe that dms would remain close unless you had the amulet or gem to enter it. I could imagine that there would have been talk about it if it was known, but the only thing I was aware of was that dms would have times when it would be open for everyone. there wouldn't have been a need to create the amulet and the gem either, because I though the amulet was the head start-ticket and not just some exclusive item. I left gaia some weeks after dms opened and haven't been here since then, but at the time I was active I wasn't aware of it.

I am not mad and I don't really care that it is open for everyone though, at least more people have the chance to go into dms. I bought the amulet also, because I was mostly on gaia because of zomg. I didn't mind spending my gold for it. I also decided not to unbound my amulet.
personally i am a little dissapointed by dms being made open to the public, i used to love it there not because of the ability to pass cl10 but because it always attracted a more professional kind of zomger as you had to be comitted enough to save for the bloodstone, but now its open we are going to get the rookies running arround getting dead and spoiling it for the rest of us the same as every other area

Gnarfy's Husband

Invisible Sex Symbol

14,225 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
beoth
personally i am a little dissapointed by dms being made open to the public, i used to love it there not because of the ability to pass cl10 but because it always attracted a more professional kind of zomger as you had to be comitted enough to save for the bloodstone, but now its open we are going to get the rookies running arround getting dead and spoiling it for the rest of us the same as every other area

haha, yeh, you'd think they would've thought about something like that before they made that kind of change, but obviously, they don't care.

Aged Fairy

6,800 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
beoth

Or you could just buy a bloodstone...required no commitment. LOL
I honestly feel far too many people are getting butthurt in epic proportions for no real reason.
"PROFESSIONAL KIND OF ZOMGER" rofl It's a friggin game. Honestly if you get that upset over a video game, you need a therapist, not "compensation" for an item in a video game.. stare
But what about the Bloodstone gem? Now it's just useless. And I spent alot of time saving for it, and now it's just a waste. It would be great to be able to turn it in to SOMETHING. Or atleast get something for it back, since I spent alot of time and effort in getting it.

Swashbuckling Pirate

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trader 100
An Anon purchased the Bloodstone for me recently and it was a huge surprise to see such comradery after I had an awesome 'public days' run; thank you soooo much Bunny. My regret is that I haven't been dmsing much because of vacation time and the NSTG camp. I hope she was able to get 50k back for it but I can't help thinking of all the hard work that she must have put in to get that amount of gold to buy it in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff