Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
iPhone Gaia App has been released to the App Store!!!
It is the first version of the app. It lets you read announcements, notices, and PMs. You can also update your avatar's outfit. Future versions of the app will include more. We are working on incorporating forums, and marketplace. Current version of the app requires the most recent iOS, however we will try to make the next versions compatible with iOS3+ (so if you do not want to upgrade just yet, you can wait for the next version). Let us know what you think of the app, and what you would like to see in the future versions.

Updates:

- If you cannot log in with the app, and you have a space in your username, please try using your username without the space, or log in with your user id. We are working on fixing this issue!

- Looks like there is a lot of Android users here. We have started working on an App for you as well. But we cannot give you any estimates on when it will be available for download smile

- Next update (version 1.3) should be available for iOS 3 and up. It will also include updated Notifications - with a way to update your status, and we will bring Marketplace to the app - with search, user stores, a way to buy, bid and sell.

- Version 1.4 is out! What's in it: Mobile Daily Chance, Forums and Dressup. New build also includes some fixes for: marketplace (incorrect quantities of game items), private messages (enabling auto corrections) and re-sizable views (announcements, marketplace).

Peppy Lover

I have a question about the app. Do you have to have WiFi on? Because I've been trying to log in and it won't let me. I have the iPhone 3G, so I thought that my phone service would be fine. If not, tell me lol

Thank you
:]

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Anbu Kira
I have a question about the app. Do you have to have WiFi on? Because I've been trying to log in and it won't let me. I have the iPhone 3G, so I thought that my phone service would be fine. If not, tell me lol

Thank you

Your name has a space in it. Log in as AnbuKira and it'll work, and hopefully they'll get that glitch fixed soon.

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
4laugh
Anbu Kira

Thank you

I have an Ipod touch 2 gen updated to the latest OS 4....somthing of an other but tell me are you getting the wrong user name/or password??

I swear I've spelt it right for the past few mintues and it keeps giving me the same massage I nearly threw my ipod ....-.-

Unholy Smoker

It's pretty nifty for keeping up-to-date with notices, messages, etc. I honestly don't see myself using it all the time... maybe when forums and the marketplace are incorporated.

Also I'm an Android user... it would be nice to see it for Android-based devices, because not all of us use iPhones. (Currently using the app on my iPod) But I'm sure that you guys are already thinking about that. xD

Peppy Lover

Ryu Myojin
4laugh
Anbu Kira

Thank you

I have an Ipod touch 2 gen updated to the latest OS 4....somthing of an other but tell me are you getting the wrong user name/or password??

I swear I've spelt it right for the past few mintues and it keeps giving me the same massage I nearly threw my ipod ....-.-

You have to get rid of the space in your username, that's all

Peppy Lover

Mindset
Anbu Kira

Thank you

Your name has a space in it. Log in as AnbuKira and it'll work, and hopefully they'll get that glitch fixed soon.

thank you<3
:3

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Anbu Kira
Ryu Myojin
4laugh
Anbu Kira

Thank you

You have to get rid of the space in your username, that's all

Thank you!!!

Savage Wolf

7,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
deviantart | tumblr | msn - michaelastegall@live | facebook

When first trying to log into the app I was thoroughly disappointed to find that if you have a space in your username, you can't log in normally. When finally figuring out that removing the spaces allows a successful log in, I knew that the app's release had to have been a rushed job. I then noticed the slight poor quality of the images used on the buttons. This wasn't so much of a problem, as just an annoyance. When tapping the first button to view Announcements, I come to a screen that shows a list of the announcements in order of most recent to least, including the announcement of the release of the app. I clicked the top one, just to see what the announcements looked like in the app and had no complaints. It looked nice, and it the fact that the screen turned when I turned my iPod was a plus as some apps don't do that.

Going back to the main menu, I tapped the Notifications button. I was disappointed to see that the Notifications screen looked almost exactly the same on the app as it did on Gaia, however, as I like the screen as it is on Gaia the disappointment was minimal.

Again going back, I tapped the outfits button. As I don't have any saved outfits, I can't really say yea or nay on this section of the app.

Going back to the main menu one last time, I tapped Private Messages. The main screen of the Messages was amazing and the reload button was definitely a plus. I then tapped Inbox. This is where I became thoroughly disappointed with the app as it froze with the Inbox selected. Exiting the app and then re-entering the app lead me to a black screen for around 5 seconds and then brought me back to my main iPod screen, outside of the app.

All in all this was clearly a rushed job and despite how excited I was to hear about the app and download it, having it is another story. As this is the first version, I suppose I should have expected a few bugs, but overall, I will likely not use the app again until an update is released.

2/5 stars.
I'd like to see the marketplace on the gaia app, but first I'd like to get a version that works on my iOS3 please ^^

Thanks in advance~

Savage Wolf

7,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
deviantart | tumblr | msn - michaelastegall@live | facebook

Another issue I've come to experience is my avatar and the bar that says Welcome USERNAME takes a bit longer to load than the rest of the app.

Addressing my earlier issue with the private messages screen freezing with Inbox being selected, exiting the app for a few minutes allowed me back into the app and I was finally then able to enter my Inbox. Scrolling down the list of messages took a ridiculous amount of time, the screen lagging at points. I admit my large inbox may have been a part of it, but it is still a problem nonetheless.

An annoyance with the inbox is that I have to open the message to delete it, and upon deleting it, I have to reload my inbox to make it disappear from the list of messages.

I experienced the same lagging on the Saved messages screen and have come to the conclusion that the lagging is due to the appearance of the sender/receiver's icon to the left side of the screen as on the Sent screen, I had no such issue with scrolling.

My rating of a 2/5 remains the same.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

I like it overall.
Though i had some MAJOR issues logging in (would be beneficial if it gave us the other reasons for not being able to log in instead of just "username/password incorrect" )
And i do love that it logs out anything left signed in when you log off the ap ^_^

10,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
There isn't anything on it that I find useful yet, but it has potential smile . It is clean and easy to use (after getting past the log in bug).

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
I am impressed that it works as well as it does for the 1st version. I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen and I had no problem installing it and logging in.
I find the PM box feature the most useful right now. I look forward to future feature updates.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

First, Android/other OS versions please. For my non-IOS-using friends.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, on to the actual feedback.

My specs: iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.2.1

Outfits: As someone who rarely changes my avatar, that feature is completely useless to me. I know some who would enjoy it, but it's not for me.

PMs: I am getting some intense scrolling lag. Can't tell if this is due to needing to load every single PM I have (I have a ton since I generally do not delete them) or the Avatar thumbnails. My suggestion would be to add something like a first 20 limit (like in Mail or the App Store) with the option to load more if desired and/or get rid of the thumbnails. Currently the slowdown makes the feature unusable for me.

Announcements: No such lag on this page. Format is plain but okay. What is with these little (HTML elided) things added into some areas of the posts? That should probably be fixed.

Notices: The redundancy of the titles bothers me and the format doesn't match the rest of the app.
The bigger annoyance here is the fact that clicking a link switches into Safari. In my opinion, once you do that there is no point in me using the app for this function since I could just load up the full site on my phone and browse that.

Overall: Some lag associated with switching into any of the 4 features. I'm guessing that's due to loading pages over my 3G connection.
To be honest, until more functionality is added to this I will not be using it. Once you add browsing the marketplace and/or forums to the app it will be useful to me, but for now if I want to go on Gaia with my phone I will stick to Safari.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff