Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Muirine
User ImageUser Image

for all those complaining about the apple thing.
its gonna come out for android, blackberry and there was also talk about making a simple mobile site for regular phones.

the reason it was on apple first is cause the dev who made it was doing it as a fun side project with their own mobile.

read the transcript from the chat they had with us about a mobile app here.

User Image

gaia i'm really excited about this, looking forward to the blackberry version when you get to it.
can't wait to be able to use it on my touch screen blackberry storm.

User ImageUser Image
quote me for faster response

There is a simple mobile version for everyone else at gaiaonline.com/wap

Anxious Friend

Mindset
npulse
Where's the Android app? Why just for Apple?
You guys do realize how popular this system is, right? I would like to see this supported for Android users.

The Lord Rahl
They need it for the Android system too. End of story.

If you look at the Fireside Chat for mobile, you'll see that Android is planned to be next, after the Apple app is stable.

Ahh, is it? That's good to hear smile I haven't really been on much the past month besides to check my stuff. I haven't had a chance to actually check out the fireside chat. Perhaps next time I should research a little before I post rofl

Thanks biggrin
im running an HTC Wildfire with droid tech...sad i cant have this.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
At first glance this looks like a decent app even though this is the first version, so I'll base my opinion on what's currently present in this app.

+
  • An app for Gaia Online! Best of two worlds biggrin
  • User friendly

-
  • App header's looking pretty bland
  • Scrolling PM inbox is rather shaky
  • Changes to inbox/outbox/sentbox/savebox content are not applied immediately

Stuff I'd like to see added
  • Instant Messaging with Meebo's Messenger
  • Gold Shops
  • Dressup
  • Status messages

I might go update my list in the future if I come up with any more ideas.

6,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
It's nice to see there will be an app developed for Android. I'm especially looking forward to the incorporation of forums and the marketplace. I will definitely download when available.

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I know people are really pushing for forum access, but I'd like to beg you guys not to forget about the guilds either! I honestly almost never venture in the forums and post almost exclusively in my guild threads~

Just my two cents~ ^____^

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
the app has potential. i get more done via safari on my iPod but i like it. 3nodding

7,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
:3 So far, I love this app~ heart I think this is great to have on the phone, and can't wait to see updates and improvements, as well as outreach to other systems like Android and Blackberry.

Home Screen
: I like the layout here~ Very simple and easy to navigate. Can't wait to see more buttons added. Perhaps status updates and access to guilds/forums will be the next to come? *hinthintwinkwinknudgenudge*

Announcements: For me, I got kicked out of the app entirely the first time I tapped it. However, after re-loading the app, I had complete access to them. I feel the format is perfect for the feature and doesn't need to be changed at all. Loading the announcements themselves was fairly quick; it only took 2 seconds tops to load a cash shop update when I clicked on it. Overall, It seems like there are some bugs that need to be worked out, but for the first version of the app, it runs pretty smoothly.

Notifications: I have to say, I wasn't too fond of the layout when I clicked it. For me, it looks like a ton of text and links that are unorganized. I suggest a layout similar to that found under the Private Messages menu; divide them up into clickable categories like so;

Profile Comments
Subscribed threads
Forum Activity
(alerting when quoted/tipped or when your thread has replies)
Marketplace Activity (alerting prices of watchlist items)
Vends (alerting when an item from your shop has sold)
My Friends' Stuff

This seems like an easier system, but then again, I have no idea how much work it would take to subdivide everything like that. Just a suggestion though, hope it's considerable for devs.

Outfits: As a user who frequently changes outfits, I love this feature. :3 sure, it's only the saved outfits, but it's still fun to play with nonetheless. The menu is very nice, simple, and easy to navigate - I like how the scrolling menu feature was utilized here. :3

Izumi Motou

From what the devs said during the fireside chat, there will be no addition of dressup due to the massive amount of work, time, and effort it would take to program every single item in the equippable inventory into the app. sad kinda sux, I was looking forward the feature too. oh well~

Private Messages: Once again, I compliment the formatting of the menu. Easy to navigate blahblahblah same as before. xD I also like how we can see the icons of friends avatars next to their respective feature. It's cute. :3 Loading the PMs themselves takes a little time to load, but it's nothing a little patience on the user's part can't fix.

For reference: I have an iPhone 4 with the most recent iOS. It doesn't glitch on many of the other apps, but has been prone to wig out with apps that
When using the keyboard we should have the option to type horizontally and not just vertically.

Wheezing Lunatic

I tried to type in my username without the space but it still didn't work....any ideas? :c

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Captain Schizo
I tried to type in my username without the space but it still didn't work....any ideas? :c

Surprising. Although it's possible there's a "CaptainSchizo" user out there... but you can try no space, and lower-case, see if that helps?

If it still doesn't work, try 14610612 , your userid, that's guaranteed to work.

Wheezing Lunatic

Mindset
Captain Schizo

Surprising. Although it's possible there's a "CaptainSchizo" user out there... but you can try no space, and lower-case, see if that helps?

If it still doesn't work, try 14610612 , your userid, that's guaranteed to work.

My userid didn't work either :c

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Captain Schizo
Mindset
Captain Schizo

That's just strange. Are you sure you're typing in your password properly? Putting in caps when you have caps? Or... does your password have special characters in it like $%^&*#@[] etc? If it does, try changing to something simpler (temporarily) here on Gaia, and then try logging in via the app, and see if that works?

Wheezing Lunatic

Mindset
Captain Schizo
Mindset
Captain Schizo

That's just strange. Are you sure you're typing in your password properly? Putting in caps when you have caps? Or... does your password have special characters in it like $%^&*#@[] etc? If it does, try changing to something simpler (temporarily) here on Gaia, and then try logging in via the app, and see if that works?

No my password is all lowercase and one number so its none of that :c

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Captain Schizo
Mindset
Captain Schizo
Mindset
Captain Schizo

No my password is all lowercase and one number so its none of that :c

Weird. Sorry I can't help you. sad Hopefully the devs will figure it out, and/or the next version of the app won't have that problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff