Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
LingRush
I have a question about the forums in the Gaia app.
If I post through the app, do I still get awarded gold for posting?

i just tested it and i didn't get gold for it, but it may be intermittent. at the very least you do not always get gold from posting from the app

Eco-friendly Garbage

16,125 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Hellraiser 500
The last six or seven times I've tried to send a PM, it has gotten 'eaten'. Everything gets messed up, and my message doesn't show.

Please find out if this is happening to more than just me, and of so, fix it.

Tricky Treasure

arrow App is fairly decent, would love a game or something, even if it's like Black Jack or something rolleyes
Feeding fish would be nice, too sweatdrop

arrow I need a refresh button when I stalk listings in the MP...

arrow I want a back button because all I get is the menu button at the top and when the app stalls, I spam press it and next thing I know, I'm logged out...

arrow I'd like to have my notifications link somewhere rather than be highlighted and leave me curious then to become forgetful and never return to it.

arrow I'd like to have other gold/item grants in the app, maybe something like a rare gift box or something surprised

And yeah, that's it for what I desire mrgreen
I would like to be able to save pictures like I would be able to in Safari.

I would like to be able to play BlackJack, also.

I would like it if I didn't have to delete 'message' every time I wanted to post something.

I'll get back to you on more improvements.
Enable animated items, and add an inventory button.
iPrince Alii
deviantart | tumblr | msn - michaelastegall@live | facebook

When first trying to log into the app I was thoroughly disappointed to find that if you have a space in your username, you can't log in normally. When finally figuring out that removing the spaces allows a successful log in, I knew that the app's release had to have been a rushed job. I then noticed the slight poor quality of the images used on the buttons. This wasn't so much of a problem, as just an annoyance. When tapping the first button to view Announcements, I come to a screen that shows a list of the announcements in order of most recent to least, including the announcement of the release of the app. I clicked the top one, just to see what the announcements looked like in the app and had no complaints. It looked nice, and it the fact that the screen turned when I turned my iPod was a plus as some apps don't do that.

Going back to the main menu, I tapped the Notifications button. I was disappointed to see that the Notifications screen looked almost exactly the same on the app as it did on Gaia, however, as I like the screen as it is on Gaia the disappointment was minimal.

Again going back, I tapped the outfits button. As I don't have any saved outfits, I can't really say yea or nay on this section of the app.

Going back to the main menu one last time, I tapped Private Messages. The main screen of the Messages was amazing and the reload button was definitely a plus. I then tapped Inbox. This is where I became thoroughly disappointed with the app as it froze with the Inbox selected. Exiting the app and then re-entering the app lead me to a black screen for around 5 seconds and then brought me back to my main iPod screen, outside of the app.

All in all this was clearly a rushed job and despite how excited I was to hear about the app and download it, having it is another story. As this is the first version, I suppose I should have expected a few bugs, but overall, I will likely not use the app again until an update is released.

2/5 stars.

you must be a VERY lonely person, huh?

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Only issue I have is that I haven't found a way to access my Guilds. Maybe I'm missing something, but maybe perhaps move the "outfits" option as a submenu of the avatar editor, like on the main site; replace this with Guilds and I'll be sated.

Only reason I'm disappointed about not having Guilds is because I'm a big roleplayer. And if there -are- Guilds on the app, kindly direct me to them, thanks. emotion_awesome

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
The Devil in the Details
The last six or seven times I've tried to send a PM, it has gotten 'eaten'. Everything gets messed up, and my message doesn't show.

Please find out if this is happening to more than just me, and of so, fix it.

Actually, my girlfriend has tried using the app to send PMs to me- and they are often eaten, too. So no, it isn't just you, the app seems to eat Private Messages at random.. or, at least, most of the time.

.. it also seems to make thread titles disappear when someone using the app views the thread.

Eco-friendly Garbage

16,125 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Hellraiser 500
[ R ]
Actually, my girlfriend has tried using the app to send PMs to me- and they are often eaten, too. So no, it isn't just you, the app seems to eat Private Messages at random.. or, at least, most of the time.

.. it also seems to make thread titles disappear when someone using the app views the thread.

I haven't seen that, but I can't send PMs anymore because of the constant eating.
It's quite aggravating because that's mostly what I use the app for.

5,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50

It would be GREAT if I would be able to use my iTunes money to purchase gaia Cash via in App purchases. I don't always have access to a computer but my iPod+iPhone are with my 24/7 and I get lots of iTunes gift cards that I really never use...It's a waste cause I can't get it refunded and Gaia Cash would be the ONLY thing i spend it on ya know?

Also the Inbox Lag is just terrible... I'd give it about a 3/5

GC in App purchases would make me LOVE this app 10/5!
The Devil in the Details
[ R ]

I haven't seen that, but I can't send PMs anymore because of the constant eating.

I have had the deleting titles issue, but haven't really tried sending PMs

Alien Citizen

21,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Downloaded the new app [Gaia on the Go] and I have to say that it runs faster than the previous app. Good job guys blaugh

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Agent Momo
Downloaded the new app [Gaia on the Go] and I have to say that it runs faster than the previous app. Good job guys blaugh

Glad you noticed. I spent quite a lot of time optimizing it smile

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Trolux
The Devil in the Details
[ R ]

I have had the deleting titles issue, but haven't really tried sending PMs

Please download the new app (Gaia On The Go). Any issues with sending pms should be resolved with the new app.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff