Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Well, I would have this on my iPod Touch by now but... it needs iOS 4.2. Why? What the heck does this have that it requires iOS 4.2? From the screenshots I see absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be able to run on at least iOS 3.

Tipsy Star

7,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm Deffinently waiting for the forums option. There isn't much we can do right now, but it's the first realease, it's gunna need time. So don't worry, no Rush, cause we want it to be pretty with many options biggrin

Anxious Friend

Where's the Android app? Why just for Apple?

You guys do realize how popular this system is, right? I would like to see this supported for Android users.

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
They need it for the Android system too. End of story. So much more potential.

IPhone is old news.

AT&T was killing Apple, that's why they said ******** you, opted out of the exclusive deal and teamed up with Verizon as well.

They're coming out with Dual processor phones, which all the first ones, are gonna be Android platform cause Apple doesn't have something in planning for awhile.

THEY NEED ANDROID.

Klousable's Princess

Cute Shoujo

11,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image
Gaia, I wish you would make the app for all touches; I have iPhone original(Yes, original) and I wanted to download the app. iPhone 4 only? D:

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Sparklee Cupcake
User Image
Gaia, I wish you would make the app for all touches; I have iPhone original(Yes, original) and I wanted to download the app. iPhone 4 only? D:

No, iOS 4. Which I'm not sure the original iPhone can run, sorry. sad Per the dev, the next version should be available for iOS 3+, so plug your phone into iTunes and see how far you can upgrade its OS?

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
npulse
Where's the Android app? Why just for Apple?

You guys do realize how popular this system is, right? I would like to see this supported for Android users.

The Lord Rahl
They need it for the Android system too. End of story.

If you look at the Fireside Chat for mobile, you'll see that Android is planned to be next, after the Apple app is stable.

Ruthless Flatterer

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
System: iPhone 4 16GB running jailbroken iOS v4.2.1

So far I see that everything loads slowly but I can deal with that. What I want is gaia forums on the go. If there was in-app forum support it would be an awesome app.

Update 1: Slow loading problem was fixed after I switched to wifi. I forgot to turn on my wifi when I got home. App was running with 362MB of free RAM. I do like the announcements and PMs they way the are. Absolutely hate having to go to safari for notifications though.
User Image
User Image
User Image

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
Thank you so much! AND ITS FREE! That was the first app i looked for when i got my itouch rofl

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sooo since u have this for apple. can u make this app or an app like it for the Android and Droid networks? for non apple users

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
The Lord Rahl

IPhone is old news.

AT&T was killing Apple, that's why they said ******** you, opted out of the exclusive deal and teamed up with Verizon as well.

They're coming out with Dual processor phones, which all the first ones, are gonna be Android platform cause Apple doesn't have something in planning for awhile.

THEY NEED ANDROID.
On a completely unrelated note, is the Android offered by all carriers? P.S. Nice Siggy

Ruthless Flatterer

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
RedishBlack69
The Lord Rahl

IPhone is old news.

THEY NEED ANDROID.
On a completely unrelated note, is the Android offered by all carriers? P.S. Nice Siggy
Yes, I believe droid phone are available on all major carriers.

Romantic Cutie-Pie

12,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Marathon 300
Always wanted this App and I see some great potential :]
Haha, it also made me laugh at how much I rely on the auto spellchecker too xD
It can only get better!

1,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Kinky Rei
It's pretty nifty for keeping up-to-date with notices, messages, etc. I honestly don't see myself using it all the time... maybe when forums and the marketplace are incorporated.

Also I'm an Android user... it would be nice to see it for Android-based devices, because not all of us use iPhones. (Currently using the app on my iPod) But I'm sure that you guys are already thinking about that. xD

i don't know why this app wasn't released on the android market. Yet another thing gaia fails at.

Lonely Ladykiller

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
sooooo got a question........what about releasing an app for the many gaians who DON'T own an iphone/ipad,etc. I for one HATE the iphone and chose to switch phone companies so i could get an android which is in my personal opinion a better done, more organized, more customizable phone. Fit me better basically. and its great that gaia has finally been able to release an app for on go, however I'm sure others like me don't have an iphone and would also like the same ability to access gaia via our phones... so my question is: How long do I have to wait to have a gaia app for my android cell?? sweatdrop I've been waiting a long time for this as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff