Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bog Lord's Wife

Ruthless Hoarder

Anko Habanero
~Michiko Mint~
Personally, I am very pleased with the addition of a marketplace to the app. It might be a little more streamlined if the 'back to previous menu' arrow was at the top rather than the bottom, but that's a small deal. The ability to check, remove, relist and even purchase items from the app has made it a thousand times more useful.

Agreed with above that an in-app forum feature, or even the ability to click through notices to threads which would load in Safari, would be very nice. Guilds would also be a welcome addition in future.

Also, the gold display is new, right? Perhaps I just didn't notice it before but, in any case, I love it.

I don't think fully-functional avatar dressing is necessary, personally, but there seem to be a lot of people who disagree. A 'try on' feature in mp might be nice but, again, not vital. Just my two-cents.
+Anko says:
Sorry to quote, but that gold and gaia cash display was actually added in days before the real update.
I used the app very day and noticed when it suddenly appeared. It's great that they show it.

Oh! I hadn't used the app too often before updating, there wasn't much use for me, so I guess I hadn't noticed. Thanks for letting me know 3nodding

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'm loving the update except one little thing.. the inability to click notices and have them load on safari as it was pre update.
Fix this issue, pretty please? I'll be a very happy camper if you do wink

Conservative Lover

The marketplace addition is great! But I really wish you could try on the items too. It would be alot more convenient.

Eloquent Sex Symbol

13,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
I really like this app. Makes my life easier than havin ro use Safari

But I'm having some issues sending PM's with the app. I tried switching from 3G to wi-fi, but I still get a message that says 'Message not sent; Oops! Something is wrong!' Can someone help me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Help, please!

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just had an update for the Gaia app, adding the market place to the list of what the app provides.
Nice add 3nodding

Eloquent Conversationalist

I posted a short review here. The main point I want to say is that the added functions are good, but without the ability to access the forums, this app still falls short of actually being useful.

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mindset
Anbu Kira
I have a question about the app. Do you have to have WiFi on? Because I've been trying to log in and it won't let me. I have the iPhone 3G, so I thought that my phone service would be fine. If not, tell me lol

Thank you
:]

Your name has a space in it. Log in as AnbuKira and it'll work, and hopefully they'll get that glitch fixed soon.

Do you know if they will make one for the Droids?

Dangerous Lover

7,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
Little CoCo Mafia
Mindset
Anbu Kira
I have a question about the app. Do you have to have WiFi on? Because I've been trying to log in and it won't let me. I have the iPhone 3G, so I thought that my phone service would be fine. If not, tell me lol

Thank you

Your name has a space in it. Log in as AnbuKira and it'll work, and hopefully they'll get that glitch fixed soon.

She's updated the first post to say that they are making one for Android users. However they don't know when it'll be finished. Here's hoping though biggrin

Dangerous Lover

7,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
xXCrimson_WolfXx
I posted a short review here. The main point I want to say is that the added functions are good, but without the ability to access the forums, this app still falls short of actually being useful.

Agreed. Although all the added features are nice to have, Gaia is basically a forum site and a Gaia iOS app that doesn't have forums isn't really Gaia. Please add forum support soon :3 Thats the heart and soul of Gaia.
xXCrimson_WolfXx
+Anko says:
I agree.
But mostly because I'm sour about the notifications. They took it a step forward as far as design goes, but two steps back for actual usefulness.

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Little CoCo Mafia
Mindset
Anbu Kira

Thank you

It's in the plans. The first post in this topic now mentions it, and also last night at Ask the Admin, the dev Panagrammic said this:
Panagrammic
Yeah, we're planning to do an Android app -- the iPhone app has been written in a way that we can reuse a lot of the backend. There's some functionality we'd like to add to the iPhone version first, though.

So hopefully once they get that finished up, we'll see a Droid version soon after that.

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mindset
Little CoCo Mafia
Mindset
Anbu Kira

Thank you

It's in the plans. The first post in this topic now mentions it, and also last night at Ask the Admin, the dev Panagrammic said this:
Panagrammic
Yeah, we're planning to do an Android app -- the iPhone app has been written in a way that we can reuse a lot of the backend. There's some functionality we'd like to add to the iPhone version first, though.

So hopefully once they get that finished up, we'll see a Droid version soon after that.

Thanks for your help. heart

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Do you know where I could get info on the new market thing, where you put up a hole set of items like, pants, shirts, shoes all in one deal? Thanks

Kawaii Fairy

Make one for Android

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas