j e l l y p o p l u v
oh thanks for telling ;D

biggrin

?

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
thanks for letting us know. i had no idea that this went on!

Loyal Ally

14,600 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Fusion Expert 300
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:

As if shill bidding wasn't bad enough on eBay neutral It was bound to hit Gaia eventually, I guess... stinks that it has, though!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

TenraiSaga's Wife

Fatcat

It's kind of hard to tell if someone is just shilling or not >.< Some people take offers via pm like me o.o

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
excuse me milady,

how would we know if that's his mule or not? ;O
just asking? D;

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
im thankful for this tip! this will greatly help exchangers like me

Newbie Hoarder

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
ok ms smile

Blessed Prophet

Wow I didn't even know people did this :O

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But how would a user be able to prove hat the seller was using a mule to jack up the price? It's like they have blinking billboards on their profile with the text: I'm the mule of this and this account. And there's alsy a hefty penalty for false reports of scamming/hacking so people are hesistant to report it if they suspect price jacking.
just wondering how this is gonna be in forced - w- no way to tell if someone is actually "pricejacking" also they don't really need a mule. im pretty sure some just say "received a pm from (a user name) bidding higher" pretty hard to tell whether someone is being dishonest or truthful =/
i think this might be an example of price "jacking"

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gaia-exchange/selling-kanoko-s-nightmares/t.78825889/

the bid jumps 600k. then 200k more when none else has bid. and the threads creator is offline.

but we have no proof to actually prove that its "price jacking" only assumptions that it is.

Greedy Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Good Information.
Nice info, <3

Informer

siskataya

This is a very important question by another user as it is done literally on a daily basis by other vendors and I am sure quite a few people would like to see it addressed

vvvv

Naxx is srs bizness
Now, does this affect users who buy their own items on the vend to raise the average buy price? I've seen people do this on several occasions with hard to sell and rare items. Especially items that don't have price graphs because they don't sell often enough.

^^^^

Sexy Noob

This really doesn't help considering no one really knows how to detect a mule.

There's a way to detect IP's but i would imagine only omni mods have that ability (I think)

Many mules are dressed with 'expensive items' and even have 'recent' post history.

This will just raise the amount of false reports if you ask me, but anyways, thanks for the alert.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff