• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Thanks for the update Sisky ^^

Original Prophet

Great rule!

Thank you sisky!

Original Gaian

It's an utter annoyance to deal with people who not only use strategies like this but expect us to fall for them like we were born yesterday. I still think that fake highest bidders is more of an issue however.

Omnipresent Phantom

12,650 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
This makes no sense

Eternal Lightbringer

The actual term is Shill Bidding. Don't know where you pulled the term Price Jacking from. That sounds more like somebody coming into someone else's thread and sending a trade to a person making an offer.

Desirable Member

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Okay.
thanks for the info.

O.G. Hoarder

this happens a lot with 2003 items.

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

What a lame cheat.
And poor users who fall for it.
The Immortal Prince
The actual term is Shill Bidding. Don't know where you pulled the term Price Jacking from. That sounds more like somebody coming into someone else's thread and sending a trade to a person making an offer.

I'd use price jacking too - that's what they are doing after all. Making fake bids on another account to "jack up the price" hoping someone else bids higher. Either way, it's shady and probably happens more often than we all think. How does anyone ever really know what's going on unless they are logged in a certain account. I could easily make a thread and tell someone bidding they were outbid by someone and they would never know. I guess there's that point where we draw the line and try and trust our fellow gaian. Too bad not everyone is honest! confused

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
sadly this is a problem in the marketplay as well gonk

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Now, does this affect users who buy their own items on the vend to raise the average buy price? I've seen people do this on several occasions with hard to sell and rare items. Especially items that don't have price graphs because they don't sell often enough.

jonjon21428's Spouse

Unbeatable Seeker

Thanks for the memo.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
A Fair Affair
It's an utter annoyance to deal with people who not only use strategies like this but expect us to fall for them like we were born yesterday. I still think that fake highest bidders is more of an issue however.

Definitely but it's a lot harder to figure out whether or not someone is doing that. A lot of people take offers via PM and then you can't tell if they're making stuff up or not.

Also, there's the problem of people asking their friends to bid in order to raise the HB. I have personally seen people doing this before and I know for a fact that the OP of the thread asked a friend to do it and the friend had no intention of actually buying the item. It worked, too.

But I guess we can't do anything about that, since how do we prove it to begin with? neutral

Savage Foe

There are barely any auction threads made in the exchange so this rule is pretty much voided. It's mostly been sale threads with people that use Highest Bidders to get higher offers for their items.

I don't think this makes any difference about pricejacking.
j e l l y p o p l u v
oh thanks for telling ;D

biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out